IPL Failed to produce World Class Players for India

16 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

In your world jews/ bush did 9/11. Mohali semi fixed and if you die killing kaffir you ascend to heaven for numerous virgins 

but back in the real world ...

72 to be precise. 

Bumrah and Hardik Pandya are both IPL products. Manish Pandey made it into the ODI team based off his consistent efforts for KKR in the IPL. Kedar Jadhav and Chahal can be thought of as finds from the IPL.

A number of our current batsmen were part of the IPL before they really made a breakthrough into the international scene, such as Kohli and Rohit.

Ashwin and Jadeja I would say are also both IPL products. I don't think Ashwin makes it as big as he did without the consistent exposure as a great bowler early on for the SuperKings, and Jadeja salvaged his career at CSK, using the IPL as a platform to break into the international team.    

Ashwin may not have played for India but for IPL. But you have to remember IPL is there for giving exposure to players who otherwise may never have been in the picture.  Let us not forget India A tours, under-19, Ranji Trophy matches also help them. Overall India can field 2 solid teams something not many can do. 

10 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Bumrah and Hardik Pandya are both IPL products. Manish Pandey made it into the ODI team based off his consistent efforts for KKR in the IPL. Kedar Jadhav and Chahal can be thought of as finds from the IPL.

A number of our current batsmen were part of the IPL before they really made a breakthrough into the international scene, such as Kohli and Rohit.

Ashwin and Jadeja I would say are also both IPL products. I don't think Ashwin makes it as big as he did without the consistent exposure as a great bowler early on for the SuperKings, and Jadeja salvaged his career at CSK, using the IPL as a platform to break into the international team.    

How Bumrah and Pandya are IPL products? They were identified by scouts in domestic cricket. Bumrah was bowling Yorkers at 19 in Syed Mushtaq ali trophy for Gujarat which they won. 

15 hours ago, Khota said:

One thing I do know IPL has definitely created the following.

Hate

Jeaousy

Envy

In hindi all three can be described by one word "Jhante Jal gee".

The main thing that keeps me supporting IPL is that Pakistanis hate it with a passion as the festival of infidels...

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
On 7/21/2017 at 3:14 PM, Shaz1 said:

In my world 6.

that would pakistan at 256 :) lol  One win in final suddenly Pakistan cricket is giving advice to the world?  Let us not forget they win after losing gazillion times to India with a  much stronger pakistan sides.

Not convinced with some of the points made. The likes of Sehwag, Tendulkar, Laxman, Dravid are some different class above the likes of Dhawan, Rohit, Rahane etc. Haven't been convinced that IPL has genuinely given India World Class players, I feel like the talent has rather downgraded. In terms of bowlers, I see the current pacers no different than Zaheer Khans level, and he was a very decent bowler. 

7 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

The main thing that keeps me supporting IPL is that Pakistanis hate it with a passion as the festival of infidels...

I enjoy that too but I am happy to see that India has generated a club model for cricket which empowers these players. In bad old days visiting Indian players did not have enough money to eat breakfast also. IPL all the way.

7 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Lol Our Wasim Akram gave enough advice to your bowlers. Don't act like this is the first time.

We are very thankful for his advise. We do consider him as a role model too and appreciate his help. Let us keep Wasim out of controversies and enjoy your moment in sun. 

54 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Not convinced with some of the points made. The likes of Sehwag, Tendulkar, Laxman, Dravid are some different class above the likes of Dhawan, Rohit, Rahane etc. Haven't been convinced that IPL has genuinely given India World Class players, I feel like the talent has rather downgraded. In terms of bowlers, I see the current pacers no different than Zaheer Khans level, and he was a very decent bowler. 

They very fact  that you think 20 over game can produce "world class player" is  flawed. This requires different skill set. You think Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar were great success in the IPL? If anything Tendulkar was often owned by a random left arm spinner. Idea is to give exposure that's it. No. T20 will change your mindset. That's about it. It won't improve your skills. 

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

How Bumrah and Pandya are IPL products? They were identified by scouts in domestic cricket. Bumrah was bowling Yorkers at 19 in Syed Mushtaq ali trophy for Gujarat which they won. 

I don't think they make it into the international team if not for their performances in IPL. 

If we use the standard that a player must have played IPL before domestic cricket, then no player will ever be considered an IPL product. Every player bought in IPL has had some domestic experience before anyone invested money on them in the IPL. Do you agree?

On 23/07/2017 at 2:01 PM, vvvslaxman said:

They very fact  that you think 20 over game can produce "world class player" is  flawed. This requires different skill set. You think Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar were great success in the IPL? If anything Tendulkar was often owned by a random left arm spinner. Idea is to give exposure that's it. No. T20 will change your mindset. That's about it. It won't improve your skills. 

You are right. Probably T20 doesn't make World Class players. But with test value decreasing, what would bring about talented players? One day? I assume T20 will play a huge role in identifying and making World Class players?