Pakistan fast bowling factory

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Shaheen looks the real deal to be honest. 6'6" and hits the deck hard and even when not picking wickets, he is difficult to score off because of the bounce he generates. Hasan and Aamir are good bowlers but this guy will be much more threatening at 23/24 and more importantly will do well in all conditions. They should manage his workload so he doesn't end up with stress fractures early in his career. 

6ft 6in in cricket and bowling is an injury waiting to happen. Tall frames have baggage attached to them.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Not really. Cummins barely played anything when he got his first stress fracture. Most genuine quicks suffer the same fate. 

Australian quicks generally don't have very athletic/durable physiques . 18 year old Cummins did not have the best action with a lot if torquing of his back to generate pace and he was trying to bowl as quick as he could. Shaheen looks to have a better action and generally after 23/24 stress fractures occur less frequently because the body can better handle the rigours of bowling fast. 

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Chances of him reducing down to an Irfan than of him being a Wasim. Although I do want the kid to do well

He seems like a tough guy for his age. Unless he is plagued by injury I think he should make it as a top fast bowler. But yes too early to accurately predict anything. 

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

He seems like a tough guy for his age. Unless he is plagued by injury I think he should make it as a top fast bowler. But yes too early to accurately predict anything. 

You sure the age they tell is right? He doesn't look 17.

Edited by rkt.india
14 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Shaheen is not express either. Only 6'5" Starc bowled anything like express pace and he hasn't had any major back injury in nearly five years. Minor niggles are to be expected. 

Starc did have fracture when he was young. Once you pass that age of 24, body becomes mature. Aaron and Umesh also didn't get fractures in last 5 years.

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Starc did have fracture when he was young. Once you pass that age of 24, body becomes mature. Aaron and Umesh also didn't get fractures in last 5 years.

Yeah I know bro. Which is why I said last 5 years. After 23/24 his body matured and since his action is quite efficient it is unlikely he will get one again .

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

And as long as Shaheen is within 24-23, I am good with it. Coz even then, his best years are yet to come. However, tbh, I feel this kids age has not been tampered with much. Maybe just a year or 2, no more.

Shoaib Akhtar was one who looked his age. Shaheen does not look 17-18.

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Reducing 3 to 5 years is pretty common.  Munaf reduced 7 years by his own admission.

I don't think even Pakistan have players with 5-7 years reduced age these days. The days of Razzaq,Waqar,Aqib are over. 3 years I can believe. Shaheen is around 21-22 max if at all and we all know that fast bowlers are at their fastest between 24-28 so his peak is yet to arrive. Even Aamir I believe is closer to 29 than 26. Even in India, apart from Shami I don't think any one in our setup has faked their ages by more than a year or two. 

Interesting to hear about munaf. So his loss of pace was simply his age and lack of effort showing. I bet PK was much older than his stated  too. 

29 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I don't think even Pakistan have players with 5-7 years reduced age these days. The days of Razzaq,Waqar,Aqib are over. 3 years I can believe. Shaheen is around 21-22 max if at all and we all know that fast bowlers are at their fastest between 24-28 so his peak is yet to arrive. Even Aamir I believe is closer to 29 than 26. Even in India, apart from Shami I don't think any one in our setup has faked their ages by more than a year or two. 

Interesting to hear about munaf. So his loss of pace was simply his age and lack of effort showing. I bet PK was much older than his stated  too. 

even Dhoni might be a few years older than his official age.

Edited by rkt.india
7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

even Dhoni might a few years older than his official age.

Oh yes I forgot about that. Around 3 years maybe. Then again he made his debut in 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if Shami was atleast 5+ years older than stated. No way was he 23 on debut. 

15 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

and we all know that fast bowlers are at their fastest between 24-28 so his peak is yet to arrive.

And there days, lots of pacers are bowling at their quickest from 24  to 30.   So, lots of good years left.

15 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Even RP  looked much older than he claimed.

3 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Shami was atleast 5+ years older than stated. No way was he 23 on debut. 

Shami looks much older than his official age.  

But he has bowled at his quickest in the last 2 years  (   bowling 135 k to 145 k / 147 k  throughout the day in tests barring the first 2 SA  tests  ).  If he really were 5 years older than his claim ... would this have been possible  ?

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shami looks much older than his official age.  

But he has bowled at his quickest in the last 2 years  (   bowling 135 k to 145 k / 147 k  throughout the day in tests barring the first 2 SA  tests  ).  If he really were 5 years older than his claim ... would this have been possible  ?

he bowled quicker not because of his age but change in his running approach.