Dhoni back in Top 10 ODI batting rankings [Joint at Top 10]

velu

13 hours ago, Khota said:

I agree with you on most of the counts.

Here are my disagreements:

1. You are correct but with the kind of money generated in IPL these top batsman and bolwer will have their best performance for IPL if they want the best contract next year. This will be resolved in 5 years.

2. That is true. Someone with a Ph.D in stats can in two days come up with some sort of metrics to resolve that. By the same token the openers are facing fresh bowler and fresh fileders but you underline point is correct.

3. We will have to look at IPL stats for 2017 to verify that. Last I checked the good batsman did well in IPL.

4. More games will definitely yield better data but 15 games are better than 3.

1.  Some top international stars have often done better for their countries as the motivation is more.  Like Kohli averages 54 in T20I but 37 in the IPL.

2.  We have to wait till it happens.

3.  Pujara does not get a chance. Vijay has been mediocre. Dhawan is good in ODIs but average in the IPL.

4.  I think we are comparing 3 years of stats ( as reflected in ICC rankings )  with 14 matches in an IPL.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

1.  Some top international stars have often done better for their countries as the motivation is more.  Like Kohli averages 54 in T20I but 37 in the IPL.

2.  We have to wait till it happens.

3.  Pujara does not get a chance. Vijay has been mediocre. Dhawan is good in ODIs but average in the IPL.

4.  I think we are comparing 3 years of stats ( as reflected in ICC rankings )  with 14 matches in an IPL.

I somewhat disagree.

1. Let us start with Kohli. Kohli was going thru what they call in baseball a hitting slump. He had a very mediocre IPL and his form carried thru the next series where he was OK. Only now he has come out of the hitting slump.

2. The speed at which the owners removed Dhoni as a Captain shows that it is happening. Scouting will get better and decision making will get better.

3. Pujara is not good enough for T20 but has the patience for Tests. Vijay is mediocre to begin with but very gutsy. Dhawan in particular shows that IPL is a great metrics to have. I dont have the stats handy but Dhawan did great in IPL and his form is still continuing. By the same token I think India missed a trick by not selecting Gambhir. We could have won if he was selected and IPL was the benchmark.

4. Three years of stats is good but Dhoni hit the jackpot by playing SL. He was bad in IPL he was bad in CT. He is done.

Similarly a mistake was made by selecting Ashwin. He was not healthy to play and is OK. Like good coaches say if you dont practise full speed on Wednesday you dont get to play on Sunday. IPL clearly showed some of them were not ready to participate in CT.

22 hours ago, Vilander said:

14d476a975081c6b6e72e6d2789d5af4d2a48a09

This post tells me you have no confidence in Dhoni doing well against Australia. If he is top 10 as you claim he should do well against Australia. If he was my man I would confidently proclaim he will smash Australian bowling. You hesitation is very troubling.

13 hours ago, Khota said:

This post tells me you have no confidence in Dhoni doing well against Australia. If he is top 10 as you claim he should do well against Australia. If he was my man I would confidently proclaim he will smash Australian bowling. You hesitation is very troubling.

Lol who the f are we to have confidence in him..hehe ask his coach ravi uncle..and what do you mean by 'my man' lol i am straight not sure abt u though.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Lol who the f are we to have confidence in him..hehe ask his coach ravi uncle..and what do you mean by 'my man' lol i am straight not sure abt u though.

I have no faith in Ravi uncle. I think he has no clue and will not progress the cause of Indian cricket. I dont like him.