Shivam Mavi - 17 year old fast bowler (Can he be 90 mph in a few years time?)

rkt.india

28 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

some balls were definitely quickish, i felt it was more around 140-142 than 145-146

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

140-142 is good too. No India u19 bowler except Nagarkoti has hit those speeds yet.

We might have seen him bowl upto 142 k in domestic matches with only one speed gun in use.

But, if this were an international match, with high speed cameras and 3 speed guns in use, I am sure we would have seen some 144 k / 145 k balls.

Guys like Bhuvi and Shardul bowl 132 k to 142 k in international matches and occasionally touch 145 k or more ..... Porel is definitely quicker than these two.

Edited by express bowling
8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We might have seen him bowl upto 142 k in domestic matches with only one speed gun in use.

But, if this were an international match, with high speed cameras and 3 speed guns in use, I am sure we would have seen some 144 k / 145 k balls.

Guys like Bhuvi and Shardul bowl 132 k to 142 k in international matches and occasionally touch 145 k or more ..... Porel is definitely quicker than these two.

yes, certainly quicker than BK and Thakur.

3 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

i am not sure if you can directly convert like that , we have seen sangwan at 146 and aniket at 144, are they going to be quicker than shardul .

Those were T20 matches where bowlers sometimes bowl 1 or 2 much quicker overs.... something which they are unable to replicate regularly.

I remember that 146 k over from Sangwan .... looked quicker than that.

I might take some heat for this but,India needs a bowler right now who can bowl at 135-140 consistently and has mad skills.If this bowler can hit  145+ leave alone 150k than that is a huge bonus.

with South Africa and England tours coming up,we need some one who is adept and swing and seam. 

I was very impressed with Bumrah’s ability to jag the ball in the recent Aus and Nzl series...he is just not your typical yorker,slower ball 145k short of a length LOI bowler...has some skills and if handled properly than playing these useless series like Srilanka he can be our MVP.

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

I was very impressed with Bumrah’s ability to jag the ball in the recent Aus and Nzl series...he is just not your typical yorker,slower ball 145k short of a length LOI bowler...has some skills and if handled properly than playing these useless series like Srilanka he can be our MVP.

I agree.

Bumrah hits the deck hard with good accuracy and gets bounce and seam movement both ways at good pace.

Such a pacer can be a great asset in the SA and England test series.

We need him there much more than these low profile bilateral LOI series.

51 minutes ago, maniac said:

I might take some heat for this but,India needs a bowler right now who can bowl at 135-140 consistently and has mad skills.If this bowler can hit  145+ leave alone 150k than that is a huge bonus.

with South Africa and England tours coming up,we need some one who is adept and swing and seam. 

I was very impressed with Bumrah’s ability to jag the ball in the recent Aus and Nzl series...he is just not your typical yorker,slower ball 145k short of a length LOI bowler...has some skills and if handled properly than playing these useless series like Srilanka he can be our MVP

Most important thing is consistency, not skill. Only skill you need is hitting the seam in right areas. Pitches will do the rest. We talk a lot about skill but skill word is overrated. No skill can do anything if pitch is flat. Then you need that x-factor. The most important thing is consistency.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

.... while hitting the deck hard.

This is what Bumrah does.

We need more such bowlers.

Avesh and Lalit may have potential to do this too.

Some bowlers seem to be capable of doing both.. swinging and hitting the deck depending on the conditions or at times doing it seemingly simultaneously.. like Johnson rabada. Steyn too gives me that impression.