Renshaw dropped - one of the worst selection calls by CA recently?

Cricketics

This guy played brilliantly on a tough Indian tour where many Aussies struggled. And now after few failures in domestic the guy has been dropped for the Ashes for the first two tests. One can blame selectors but I am pretty sure Smith also consilted with them on this call. I think Smith is an absolute tool.

Recently he also went to his state side NSW and asked the selectors to drop Ed Cowan, who was the highest run getter in Sheffield Shield, another ridiculous decision, probably much worse than him overlooking Renshaw’s selection. 

15 minutes ago, gattaca said:

If someone is not in form why would you select for a tough series ? They are already down on confidence and you throw them for tough series it will be even tough on them.

Who’s down in confidence? The series is not of 2 or 3 tests, its a 5 match long series. Putting him right from the start is what increases someone’s confidence.

He should have been a sure shot selection even after few failures in the domestic games. 

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

One of the throwbacks to the Boycott Sunny Gavaskar era...a fantastic talent....was coming into his own...This is disgrace really...who is replacing him? Finch or Maxwell....gotta be kidding me.

They have selected Bancroft who has been among the runs. I won’t comment much on bancroft as he might be playing well but to drop a youngster who has done well on the toughest tours like the Indian tour is one of the worst decisions. 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

This guy played brilliantly on a tough Indian tour where many Aussies struggled. And now after few failures in domestic the guy has been dropped for the Ashes for the first two tests. One can blame selectors but I am pretty sure Smith also consilted with them on this call. I think Smith is an absolute tool.

Recently he also went to his state side NSW and asked the selectors to drop Ed Cowan, who was the highest run getter in Sheffield Shield, another ridiculous decision, probably much worse than him overlooking Renshaw’s selection. 

Cowan dropping was maybe nasty as he criticised aussie selections and next thing you know is dropped by nsw despite being their top run scorer year before 

16 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Cowan dropping was maybe nasty as he criticised aussie selections and next thing you know is dropped by nsw despite being their top run scorer year before 

I am telling you, people here blame Kohli and selectors at times but this guy Smith is a tool and BS captain. He is on another level. Don’t think he will last long as captain.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Who’s down in confidence? The series is not of 2 or 3 tests, its a 5 match long series. Putting him right from the start is what increases someone’s confidence.

He should have been a sure shot selection even after few failures in the domestic games. 

He failed in 3 domestic test matches didn't even cross 20 in 6 innings.

24 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Aussies Lost it . Selection of Paine is nuts . Even the coach Lehman has a first class ton more recent then Paine 

unbelievable pick . Paine is so bad would rather have current dhoni in team then Paine lol

we go in about budddis picked . Corruption etc but Aussies none of that just thick . Lol

They are struggling to find a good keeper. Wade is ok. Pane was promising in his first few matches.

25 minutes ago, gattaca said:

They are struggling to find a good keeper. Wade is ok. Pane was promising in his first few matches.

Pane was promising in his first few matches .....what a decde ok ? 

Guy did did not even get picked for his state team start of season . Done nothing to get picked and proven crap . Awful pick . Walking wicket . 

Aussie selectors lost it 

49 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Selection of  marsh own shocker as well . 34 and proven not good enough . Guy made career of come backs . Flatters to deceive . Baffling 

smith and Warner’s mates lol with Paine Mates being picked lol thank god for king kohli and shastri none of that with us :phehe:

I don’t think Time Paine’s selection is too bad. The guy is better than Nevill and Wade who have failed a lot. However other than that, squad is kind of rubbish, but they still might manage to keep England away from winning a test match. 

That all said, Smith still seems a crap captain. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

I don’t think Time Paine’s selection is too bad. The guy is better than Nevill and Wade who have failed a lot. However other than that, squad is kind of rubbish, but they still might manage to keep England away from winning a test match. 

Paine is appalling pick. They picking kid as opener , might as well giving him the gloves . Paine is has been failure . Root must be enjoying beeer tonight 

I'm actually bit disappointed that he's not picked - expected him to be exposed for the big fake hype that he is.   Fat Renshaw gets graded on a curve because of his age - he actually didn't do that great in the India series.   From his dismissal in the 2nd innings at Bangalore, I was never worried about his wicket while watching the rest of the series.  Sure he managed a decent-ish innings on the dead track at Ranchi after that, but got sorted out by our Pacers pretty handily.   

Renshaw and Cook doing badly this Ashes were my 2 big predictions months ahead of the ashes.   Now one's out already, lets see how old 'Chef' does.   

5 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Aussies Lost it . Selection of Paine is nuts . Even the coach Lehman has a first class ton more recent then Paine 

unbelievable pick . Paine is so bad would rather have current dhoni in team then Paine lol

we go in about budddis picked . Corruption etc but Aussies none of that just thick . Lol

Paine is the best wicketkeeper in Australia. They are looking for a good keeper here instead of a Batsman.

4 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Captain has no say in selection in Australia.