With overseas series imminent,current batting lineup gives no confidence

SK_IH

46 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Are there any great batting lineups in the world today? too many players just don't have the grit needed to bat for long in tests. 

Renshaw showed the gritiness i think, so did Haseeb Hameed. I am only talking about their grit and application , not their performances and success. 

I watched once Naseer Hussain scored 143 in 430 balls or so. It was many many eyars back. That was one of the most gritty knock i have watched someone play. Pujara is one gritty batsman, Cook showed lot fo grit.

Due to the advent of ODI, T20 and T10, the players are getting diverted to strokeplay. Even Pujara wanted to have his sahre of T20 in IPL, but onyl when he was not bid for, he opted to lay county etc. The money that T20 offers has lot of impact on the choices that some of the worlds best cricketers have made. And they are right, its their profession and thats their sourc eof income. Obviously they will try toswitch formats and adapt to the most lucrative one more. Nothing wrong in that.

Bowlers did excellent despite being handicapped with Ishant

but what a let down from batsmen...out of their depth

Granted SA had luck with the won two tosses on two poor quality pitches and got first use of it, but batting seemed lacking intent and determination barring Kohli