Is Aus in the drivers seat?

coverpoint

they are 200 behind with 7 wickets in hand. Tomorrow they have the ability to score 400 in the day ( with symonds, gilly to come its not hard to imagine). That would put them 200 ahead and they will be the only team who could win. It would put India in a position to have to bat out the day5 (like Sydney) to save the match with NO chance of a win. It is going to be critical to NOT let Aussies get a lead!

It's still in the balance. Their cautious approach suggests that they are not too keen for victory, although I'm sure they'll try to accelerate, but a wkt or two will force them to be circumspect again. I think they'll be ahead may be by 50 runs in the 1st innings.

i feel aus are playing smartly, this pitch is supposed to get harder to bat on the last few days, so they're making sure they dont lose any silly wickets while the bat is still decent to bat on if they get a lead, they feel they have a chance for a win, because of 2nd innings for batting isnt easy on this wicket

Aus 425-3 Just 100 runs behind which they will get in post lunch session (day4). They will build a big lead probably score very quickly after tea, and put India in on day-5! CP - BTW if I had started this exact same thread, imagine the responses...its always the poster, not the post :P

What the fook is happening ! No wicket first session yesterday, no wicket first session today. Players seem dis-interested, bowlers seem absolutely ineffective. A total contrast to the high-voltage high octane cricket that we saw in the last two tests. Somebody dig up this Adelaide pitch the next before a match is played here !

Aus 425-3 Just 100 runs behind which they will get in post lunch session (day4). They will build a big lead probably score very quickly after tea, and put India in on day-5! CP - BTW if I had started this exact same thread, imagine the responses...its always the poster, not the post :P
its always the poster ... though I have been feeling very pessimist myself ... you are rubbing off :)