Mashrafe Bin Mortaza - ***The Leader of Tigers***

Shamim.Miah

On 12/25/2017 at 7:52 PM, Vilander said:

Actually BD has 90 odd tigers the actual animals individual states in india have more...lol bd os not even a country where tigers are known to exist hehe its like sl and lions...but a bit better.

LOL exactly I had the same thought. India is known all over the world for its tiger population and here we have Bangladeshis flashing stuffed tiger toys in the streets & stadiums. 

Pata hai bhai tumhare yaha tigers hai:facepalm:Even Bangladesh Cricket Board's twitter handle is BCBtigers. Can you imagine @CAKangaroos or @KIWIBlackcaps? 

In contrast to what others on ICF saying, I would say Mashrafe is a top player and a great captain on Bangla standard.. and from Bangla's point of view.. He gives 100 percent and tries to win from different situation.. he has done injustice to his batting potential though.. should have batted little higher

Didnt know he had that many surgery..

Bangladesh cricket if they want to progress need to drop Mashrafe as he is Mike Brearly or Dhoni of Toygers, bowling lollypops at 125 k, he looks very poor, n he is not even an allrounder, Mushfiq was good but overrated himself n his team.

Last time they toured we found out they r minnows n not Toygers but Malnourished kittens n as well as loud n disillusioned in their self aggrandizing.

4 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Bangladesh cricket if they want to progress need to drop Mashrafe as he is Mike Brearly or Dhoni of Toygers, bowling lollypops at 125 k, he looks very poor, n he is not even an allrounder, Mushfiq was good but overrated himself n his team.

Last time they toured we found out they r minnows n not Toygers but Malnourished kittens n as well as loud n disillusioned in their self aggrandizing.

To be honest, not so concerned with Mashrafes pace. His a experienced bowler that knows how to overcome his lack of pace. The fact that his been the highest wicket taker for the past three years speaks volumes about his skill level. Not only his performance is very good for Bangladesh, his captaincy is also solid. 

As a Bangladeshi fan I would like to see him retire after the 2019 WC. 

Edited by Shamim.Miah

The lack of respect in this thread is unreal....Nobody is claiming he is world class or ever was

He is kind of what sachin is to you & no I'm not claiming he is or was even close to the level of player sachin was,the way you lot overrate yourselves & your players is the most annoying thing ever....I'm from BD & I openly admit we are trash in tests(though getting better at home),Average in ODIs(becoming good at home),atrocious in T20.....we don't have a WC player(Shakib plays like one at times)

Then again we haven't been playing it for almost a century like you have,we don't make gods out of players who hold records only because they played a million matches & for stats rather than winning(looking at you sachin),we don't go over board about a sport that is relevant in like ten countries(not to your extent at least),we don't make dumbass ads about taking revenge by winning in a sport which isn't even the 2nd most popular sport in that country

So yeah,answer the op or just ignore the thread:facepalm:

Blah blah ask your op or scum bag country men who hype your crap players or worse make thrid rate posters and plaster them all over and fn have no shame when they get battered in the cricket ground after that. If you feel cricket is not popular enough you should not post in a crciket forum. No one cares man.

3 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

The arrogance and disrespect of some Indian fans is quite unbelievable. 

Yes like all countries u have good people, n most are, some racist n now quite a bit communal thanks to politics, but cricket wise India is up there but not minnows who talk like they r world champions every where u see, Bangladeshi fans, or most of them n some players r just outrageous, loud, n bark a lot louder then their bite, it's not about talk but the walk,you have to be a bit grounded or realistic n give opponents their respect, most fans will say yes Bangladesh has progressed n now can compete with Pakistan in shorter format, nor r Indians saying they r Australia or WI in their prime, but most Indian fans r realistic n not jingoistic.

19 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Yes like all countries u have good people, n most are, some racist n now quite a bit communal thanks to politics, but cricket wise India is up there but not minnows who talk like they r world champions every where u see, Bangladeshi fans, or most of them n some players r just outrageous, loud, n bark a lot louder then their bite, it's not about talk but the walk,you have to be a bit grounded or realistic n give opponents their respect, most fans will say yes Bangladesh has progressed n now can compete with Pakistan in shorter format, nor r Indians saying they r Australia or WI in their prime, but most Indian fans r realistic n not jingoistic.

There’s one thing making a point and another being disrespectful to that player to make a point. I find that some members are very disrespectful here, I don’t mind if they have difference in opinion or if they don’t agree with the post. Opinion backed with some substance would be very useful. 

Mashrafe has been a excellent captain for Bangladesh. His performance has been really good also. Some members want him out of the team but can’t provide valid reasons. 

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Mortaza is a good inspirational captain, I was impressed by the way he led his side in 2015 WC. But time for him to retire and hand over charge to a youngster, he is innocuous with the ball these days. 

His the leading wicket taker for Bangladesh in ODI for last three years. His performance hasn’t declined. Not sure how you can disregard a player when his your main performer in the bowling unit? 

Just recently he captained Rangpur Riders to BPLT20 Title. His performance with both bat and bowl was very good. Gayle/McCullum praised his captaincy! It’s the fourth time his won the BPL title out of five edition. 4 times he went to Final, 4 times he has won. Never lost a final. 

Edited by Shamim.Miah
5 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

His the leading wicket taker for Bangladesh in ODI for last three years. His performance hasn’t declined. Not sure how you can disregard a player when his your main performer in the bowling unit? 

Statistically even Dhoni is a top batsman for us in the last 2 years and Unadkat was MOS against Lanka, stats aren't everything. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Statistically even Dhoni is a top batsman for us in the last 2 years and Unadkat was MOS against Lanka, stats aren't everything. 

Dhoni is needed for India, the same way Mashrafe is needed for Bangladesh. You can’t win anything with inexperienced players. You need a solid experienced player in the team. Dhoni/Mashrafe both perform. But people still mourn, just don’t understand why. There time to retire will come. But if they keep performing, I see no reason to disregard them in the name of promoting youngsters. 

The problem with Bangladeshis is that no one really rates their players bcoz they are not good enough...SIMPLE. Hence their fans goes every where possible (online forums, FB, Youtube etc) and somehow try to convince everyone that their players are greats. Its borderline begging TBH. They are begging for respect. "Please accept our players are good...pls accept Mortaza is this...pls accept Shakib is that or Tamim was those" LMAO :hysterical:

Bangla fans don't understand that respect cant be demanded...it needs to be earned. You don't have to shout in an open theater how great your players are...if they are good automatically people will praise them. Take Rashid Khan from Afg for example...people praising him because he is actually really good. He earned respect by virtue of his on field talent...no Afg fans somehow forced others to start respecting him.

As of now Mortaza with Test bowling avg of 42, ODI avg of 32 and T20 avg of 38 has done nothing to earn respect. Even as a captain he failed to win even an Asia cup, let alone an ICC title. He may be great as per Bangladeshi standards but not sure how any outsider can rate him. He has nothing to show in his resume and an atrocious trundler who would not even be playing in any Ranji team if he was an Indian.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
2 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

The problem with Bangladeshis is that no one really rates their players bcoz they are not good enough...SIMPLE. Hence their fans goes every where possible (online forums, FB, Youtube etc) and somehow try to convince everyone that their players are greats. Its borderline begging TBH. They are begging for respect. "Please accept our players are good...pls accept Mortaza is this...pls accept Shakib is that or Tamim was those" LMAO :hysterical:

Bangla fans don't understand that respect cant be demanded...it needs to be earned. You don't have to shout in an open theater how great your players are...if they are good automatically people will praise them. Take Rashid Khan from Afg for example...people praising him because he is actually really good. He earned respect by virtue of his on field talent...no Afg fans somehow forced others to start respecting him.

As of now Mortaza with Test bowling avg of 42, ODI avg of 32 and T20 avg of 38 has done nothing to earn respect. Even as a captain he failed to win even an Asia cup, let alone an ICC title. He may be great as per Bangladeshi standards but not sure how any outsider can rate him. He has nothing to show in his resume and an atrocious trundler who would not even be playing in any Ranji team if he was an Indian.

Begging? Stating facts is begging?

his the most successful Bangladesh captain ever. How is that begging for respect? Did you ever see me say Shakib/Tamim/Mashrafe are like greats of the game? They are all legends for Bangladesh, no doubt. 

Mashrafe can’t play test matches, he has gone through too many injury/surgeries etc. Most players with the severe kind of surgeries he had would have retired from cricket long long time ago. But the guy is a fighter. 

Stating that if Mashrafe was injury free how far he would have gone would have been interesting to see doesn’t mean to say his a great. His a BD legend no doubt. 

7 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Begging? Stating facts is begging?

his the most successful Bangladesh captain ever. How is that begging for respect? Did you ever see me say Shakib/Tamim/Mashrafe are like greats of the game? They are all legends for Bangladesh, no doubt. 

Mashrafe can’t play test matches, he has gone through too many injury/surgeries etc. Most players with the severe kind of surgeries he had would have retired from cricket long long time ago. But the guy is a fighter. 

Stating that if Mashrafe was injury free how far he would have gone would have been interesting to see doesn’t mean to say his a great. His a BD legend no doubt. 

Cricket is a sport n doesn't account for disability or injuries but performance, stats don't reflect when runs were scored or which wkts were taken, like Dhoni scoring runs most time when gave is lost or he doesn't even attempt to up the tempo, n onus is on non striker n he stays not out n stats will not show that, same with Bowling stats will not show how many top order wkts are taken or how many batters attack the weaker link n gift wkts,Mashrafe might be a good influence for Banglas but as a player for me he is useless, past his prime n better to invest in next gen, just because India is making a mistake which England did n became a laughing stock in investing bits n pieces n players past their prime doesn't mean Banglas should follow their example, I can't believe Bangladesh doesn't have someone better then a 125k pie chucker, Mushfiq was far better for me but arrogant beyond his scope or his or team talent.

16 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Cricket is a sport n doesn't account for disability or injuries but performance, stats don't reflect when runs were scored or which wkts were taken, like Dhoni scoring runs most time when gave is lost or he doesn't even attempt to up the tempo, n onus is on non striker n he stays not out n stats will not show that, same with Bowling stats will not show how many top order wkts are taken or how many batters attack the weaker link n gift wkts,Mashrafe might be a good influence for Banglas but as a player for me he is useless, past his prime n better to invest in next gen, just because India is making a mistake which England did n became a laughing stock in investing bits n pieces n players past their prime doesn't mean Banglas should follow their example, I can't believe Bangladesh doesn't have someone better then a 125k pie chucker, Mushfiq was far better for me but arrogant beyond his scope or his or team talent.

I don’t think you have been following BD cricket closely. Mashrafe has been the key partnership breaker for Bangladesh.  In the key moments of the game, his played a important role both as bowler and captain. When his not bowling well, his making a impact with his fielding or little batting cameos! His not in the team just for the sake of being in the team. His in the team purely based on his performance. Amazing character and even a better captain.