How Many Of You Guys Trust Hardik Pandya To Come Good In SA Test Series?

I want the guy to do well but I have to be honest that am not a big fan or have much hope at this time.

Hope he does well as that will make things better for us down the line but if he fails to score well, or provide much support to the bowlers,  he will be costing us a lot since our other bowlers will then have to be overused and our batting would end up looking meek.

All the best to him in the tough phase of his career which is coming up. He shouldn’t worry about failing because he won’t be the first one as many proper batsmen including the greats have failed on such crucial tours, hence these tours are considered tough tours.

Interesting times.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Expect him to do well 

But will he get a chance with talks of Rohit at 6  ?

Yes, thats what will be interesting. Earlier it was kind of confirmed that he is going to play but now with Rohit scoring runs they might be thinking of ensuring we bat deep and rather have Rohit. Honestly, I rather have four bowlets and go all out then look to have Rohit and bat deep. 

I think Kohli will sit out Rohit and he should. 

17 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

The guy is gonna be class .  An bowl 90 mph and X factor bat . What more you want ? Give lad a run , will get there 

Amla, ABD, Quinton, Faf have faced better pace than his. Quinton was toying with pace versus Aussies. I don't see him bowling more than one or two wicket taking balls in an innings against these batters. However, he might get their 8 to 11 out .

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Amla, ABD, Quinton, Faf have faced better pace than his. Quinton was toying with pace versus Aussies. I don't see him bowling more than one or two wicket taking balls in an innings against these batters. However, he might get their 8 to 11 out .

As a 5th bowler he is defo good enough . You forget he is not there as one of 3 main seamers 

2 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

As a 5th bowler he is defo good enough . You forget he is not there as one of 3 main seamers 

I take the point regarding him being the 5th bowler. So we can be lenient towards lack of many wickets from him. I would go even further, by accepting a slightly higher average runs conceded by him per wicket. But there has to be an end to lowering of expectations. Should not average way to higher per  wicket. Also I am not expecting him to average 30-35 , but I expect him to average at least 25 (lower expectations again).

I think he will do just about average with the ball. However, will fail with the bat. He doesnt have the technique and temperament to bat on such wickets. 

This is going to be interesting though. The kid is young, let him go and have a good time. If he survives this, who knows he can become one of the best in the world. 

He will be inconsistent . At time may struggle 

but mark my words will have some fantastic moments 

can bow , bat and field . Stokes numbers don’t add up but contribution to team great . Same will be for pandya . Pandya just starting but by end of 2018 will inproved a lot . I expect at least one exhilarating knock v sa were smashes quick fire 80 plus 

9 minutes ago, goose said:

the question is will he show the necessary determination and hard work to go away and improve once he realises how crap he is

He has improved massively in last 12 months . You call him crap is pathetic . Guy bowls nearly 90 mph . X factor in field with amazing athleticism . Bats with pure power and can smash ball out of stadium . If that’s crap ......ffs

On 24/12/2017 at 2:16 PM, sensible-indian said:

Is his bowling really going to help our main bowlers?

If not, will his batting be at the level of a pure batsman?

I hope so but on both counts I'm not optimistic at all. He's neither a test level bowler, nor a test level batsman. How will he help our team then who'll be under the pump themselves?