How Many Of You Guys Trust Hardik Pandya To Come Good In SA Test Series?

13 minutes ago, Samcric said:

He could easily have been out for 14 if Elgar had held on to the catch, or if he had nicked any of the Dale Steyn outswingers that he got squared up against. 

ifs and buts don't apply much in sports .... Have seen proper batsmen get dropped but go on to score a 100. Sachin was dropped too by Flemings in one of his desert storm knocks. Dhawan too in 2013 CT. Lara was dropped on zero, iirc, before going on to get 501. Lara was dropped in that 150 odd runs inning he played against Aus .... 

Edited by zen
14 minutes ago, Samcric said:

I have been a supporter of Pandya as the allrounder for a while now. However, we should not get ahead of ourselves. He could easily have been out for 14 if Elgar had held on to the catch, or if he had nicked any of the Dale Steyn outswingers that he got squared up against. He will fail with the bat as the series goes along. We need to be patient, he has shown his mettle against good fast bowlers from Australia and South Africa now. He will need to prove his consistency now. He should bat at no. 6 and be able to average >40 and <33 with the bat and ball respectively. If that happens and if Kohli picks the right batsmen in the team, India can still hope.

almost no allrounder averages >40 with the bat and <33 with ball. faulkner, sobers, greig, shakib, etc. to name a few. would settle for around 35-36 with bat and ball.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

almost no allrounder averages >40 with the bat and <33 with ball. faulkner, sobers, greig, shakib, etc. to name a few. would settle for around 35-36 with bat and ball.

My point was that he can achieve those two numbers - he is good enough. Shakib has those averages. Kallis averaged less than 33 with the ball. At least, he can definitely average more than 40 with the bat. With the ball, he has good pace and if he improves on his consistency, he can average around 33. Ben Stokes averages 34 and bowls at similar speeds. Pandya will definitely improve on his bowling over time. That's the one constant in his performances - keeps learning and improving. 

15 minutes ago, zen said:

ifs and buts don't apply much in sports .... Have seen proper batsmen get dropped but go on to score a 100. Sachin was dropped too by Flemings in one of his desert storm knocks. Dhawan too in 2013 CT. Lara was dropped on zero, iirc, before going on to get 501. Lara was dropped in that 150 odd runs inning he played against Aus .... 

As much as I agree wih Sam Cric, I agree with you. Players like Sehwag, Pandya will always give you chances with the kind of game they play. They like playing their shots and you do expect them to get out or throw their wicket away once in a while because those same shots bring them runs too.

This is why I never wanted Pandya for saf tour as our batting is anyways fragile and knew he might score here and there and it might eventually hurt us long term.  

But he has really played well today and especially I liked that he was letting some balls go past his batand played the patient game and took singles to keep the strike. He surely showed maturity witht he bat and later came up to get both the wickets.

I hope this continues as he can solve lot of problems and make Indian test team a strong unit with his preseance.

long way to go, but a great start to overseas tour for Pandya. May it well continue. 

On 25/12/2017 at 11:14 AM, King Tendulkar said:

He will be inconsistent . At time may struggle 

but mark my words will have some fantastic moments 

can bow , bat and field . Stokes numbers don’t add up but contribution to team great . Same will be for pandya . Pandya just starting but by end of 2018 will inproved a lot . I expect at least one exhilarating knock v sa were smashes quick fire 80 plus 

O **** . This was good prediction lol