India u19 Pacers: Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Ishan Porel

PBN

4 minutes ago, Dada's Army said:

Yeah he made a good point that nothing is a sure thing, as Agarkar's career kinda showed.

I love Bish's commentary. In fact I like all the W.Indians- Holding, and even Jeffrey Dujon, whenever we get a chance to hear him.

Murali Karthik, you say? :thinking: I haven't really listened to him much. I'll have to pay more attention.

Michael holding is a very bitter man. I dont see anything new or better that he brings to the platter. He was shedding tears for a cheat like Amir, but has the audacity to call Bumrah and Shami medium pacers.

Dujon is good. He speaks from the heart.

Murali Karthik is a refined, well spoken man who has good knowledge of the game. And he speaks without bias. He is amazing. Its sad to see someone like Bhogle being the main compere in front of him.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Too young for a fast bowlers.

Wasn't the case for Imran Khan, Akram, Nazir etc etc. Bowling fast stays with bowlers for a short amount of time, if you wait too long they might lose it. 

If they're bowling fast and are even slightly polished, we should use them right away before they burn out. 

15 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

Wasn't the case for Imran Khan, Akram, Nazir etc etc. Bowling fast stays with bowlers for a short amount of time, if you wait too long they might lose it. 

If they're bowling fast and are even slightly polished, we should use them right away before they burn out. 

Imran was not fast when he started. He was a trundler. He became faster later. Regarding Wasim and Waqar, dont think they were actually 18 when debuted. Nazir was never really quick. Zahid was and had injury-ravaged career. 18 is too young for fast bowlers to play test.   Can wait two more years to play test.

20 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

Imran military medium when he made his debut. Wasim Akram was medium pace when he made his debut. Waqar was express when he made his debut in 89, but even then he looked around 24-25.

Whatever I saw of Zahid, he never appeared express but I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, Dada's Army said:

Ian Bishop continually singing praises for Navi and Nagarkoti whilst commentating here. Says he is so impressed that they are not only lightning fast but also polished in their bowling techniques.

Bish knows his cricket and his pace bowling, so that is high praise indeed. 

I have seen bishop being  mostly critical of fast bowlers. Like you said getting praise from him is like gold. 

Actually from what I understand, a higher release point is likely to have a higher bounce than a lower release point if everything else remains constant i.e same place where the ball hits the ground. I For example, in theory,a taller bowler is supposed to yield a higher release point but it actually depends on how much you 'collapse' or bend your front leg at the point of release.  Take the same bowler, see the bounce at the same point with the high arm action vs round arm action...the round arm will be more 'skiddy'.  So in other words, a taller bowler with a higher release point will get steeper bounce than a shorter player with a lower release point when they both pitch it on the same distance i.e a shorter bowler might need to pitch a bit shorter to extract the same level of bounce.

15 minutes ago, PBN said:

Actually from what I understand, a higher release point is likely to have a higher bounce than a lower release point if everything else remains constant i.e same place where the ball hits the ground. I For example, in theory,a taller bowler is supposed to yield a higher release point but it actually depends on how much you 'collapse' or bend your front leg at the point of release.  Take the same bowler, see the bounce at the same point with the high arm action vs round arm action...the round arm will be more 'skiddy'.  So in other words, a taller bowler with a higher release point will get steeper bounce than a shorter player with a lower release point when they both pitch it on the same distance i.e a shorter bowler might need to pitch a bit shorter to extract the same level of bounce.

but it also depends on the pace, yes high arm bowler will get more bounce even if not less taller. For eg, Navdeep Saini. he is only around 6 foot but gets lot of bounce due to high arm.

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

but it also depends on the pace, yes high arm bowler will get more bounce even if not less taller. For eg, Navdeep Saini. he is only around 6 foot but gets lot of bounce due to high arm.

i stated pace is constant for the two different release points