Those who wanted Vijay/rahul over Dhawan - Time to eat a crow

Khota

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why is this an excuse for Vijay and not Dhawan.Dhawan is not the answer but Vijay is not the answer either he is 33 and slowed down a lot on field too. They need some one better.

There is no one better. Seen the techniques of all the openers. They would not have lasted more than couple of overs on this tour.  You need to leave a lot of balls on this pitch. Kohli after so many failures has learnt how to leave the right balls.  There is nobody batted with self assurance in this  series bar Kohli, abdv and Amla to some extent. For an opener job is doubly hard. M Vijay is a must for overseas tours until he completely goes off the boil like getting out in the first over, 2nd over. 

Edited by vvvslaxman
2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why is this an excuse for Vijay and not Dhawan.Dhawan is not the answer but Vijay is not the answer either he is 33 and slowed down a lot on field too. They need some one better.

Vijay is the best opener India has and no one even comes close. A replacement for Rahul (albeit I might give gim a longer run) and Dhawan can be looked into. But what will most probably happen is some new kid will come in to open againsta England fail and then the merry go round starts again. That is the whole issue.

Get two openers stick with them for two series and let their partnership develop. Or the openers will fail in 10 overs and the line up will follow like dominoes. 

That is a problem i am always concerned about. I would not hold that against him in this innings. If the batting is little easier like in the last test i would agree with you. On this pitch i have no qualms about his innings. He did the very best he could do. In the entire series only 2 batsmen have crossed 200 if i am right in 5 innings.

He got two starts and he failed in both innings to convert.No one is asking him to score boundaries or play airy shots, he and Pujara have to learn to rotate strike better or they will never do enough.
Just now, putrevus said:

He got two starts and he failed in both innings to convert.No one is asking him to score boundaries or play airy shots, he and Pujara have to learn to rotate strike better or they will never do enough.

No please, the whole Pujara positivity thing ended up in two runouts!

I very much doubt any opener in the world could have survived against this attack this long on this surface. Y day he left the balls on length and line impeccably. Let us just have to sit and appreciate his technique. He is definitely the best opener to play on difficult pitches.

If it was just about today nobody will be having an issue but Vijay has a problem of becoming too stagnant and sudden rush of blood.
2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is the thing. You are never in on this surface. Surviving and giving confidence to your inform captain did more wonders than anything else. Imagine him he made 25 in 25. Other batsmen would have been in lot early. SCore would have been 50/4.  Newish ball. Test match is not like one dayers.

There is no one better. Seen the techniques of all the openers. They would not have lasted more than couple of overs on this tour.  You need to leave a lot of balls on this pitch. Kohli after so many failures has learnt how to leave the right balls.  There is nobody batted with self assurance in this  series bar Kohli, abdv and Amla to some extent. For an opener job is doubly hard. M Vijay is a must for overseas tours until he completely goes off the boil like getting out in the first over, 2nd over. 

He did that in first test chasing wide ones, if India has to compete with just five batsmen they better find batsmen who can score too not just take shine off the new ball.
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

If it was just about today nobody will be having an issue but Vijay has a problem of becoming too stagnant and sudden rush of blood.

Blame the management for not going in with even a single practice match. They went from playing Sri Lankas on home ground to playing here against these set of bowlers. They tried to play the same shots they played against Lakmal paid the penalty. First test was practice test. He has more than done his job in this test. Even in the last he made 46 before throwing it away. Problem he has is fixable. Problems other have is not fixable. That is why we just have to persist with him especially overseas. I would take one more Vijay if available. He is the most assured opener in tough conditions. Yes he doesn't convert and score daddy hundreds. But unless we find an opener who is technically sound and can score big we just have to persist with him . I don't see one waiting in the wings.

Blame the management for not going in with even a single practice match. They went from playing Sri Lankas on home ground to playing here against these set of bowlers. They tried to play the same shots they played against Lakmal paid the penalty. First test was practice test. He has more than done his job in this test. Even in the last he made 46 before throwing it away. Problem he has is fixable. Problems other have is not fixable. That is why we just have to persist with him especially overseas. I would take one more Vijay if available. He is the most assured opener in tough conditions. Yes he doesn't convert and score daddy hundreds. But unless we find an opener who is technically sound and can score big we just have to persist with him . I don't see one waiting in the wings.

He is 33 not 23 so he is what he is, so they need to keep looking.not saying he needs to dropped.people were clamouring for Rahul and glorifying him to be something he is not, he threw his wicket all four times.
Just now, putrevus said:

He is 33 not 23 so he is what he is, so they need to keep looking.not saying he needs to dropped.people were clamouring for Rahul and glorifying him to be something he is not, he threw his wicket all four times.

33 is not such an old age as long as he is fit.  M Vijay is least of our problems. If anything he is one of the bright spot for us in this test.  

Once again both Rahul and Vijay failed. Anyone who thinks that Dhawan is not better is refusing to see the truth. Dhawan did better than Vijay in the ne opportunity he got. For outperforming Vijay he gets dropped. Both Rahul and Vijay have failed. Dhawan could have done real well here. 

Reality is Parthiv protected both Vijay and definitely Rahul . Rahul needs to go back for a year and sort the mess he has but should be persisted with.

I will post the recipe for crow this weekend.

9 minutes ago, Khota said:

Vijay is the main reason India lost the series. Does anyone seriously believe either of the two is better than Dhawan?  What was his average/ sub 20. The Rahul Vijay Bradman.

Keep trying

No one here beilves dhawan is even a good test player forget calling him better then vijay n rahul

N here people has watched cricket to understand failure are part of game and it wasnt easy for openers this series

They knw the diff between test cricket n LOI 

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Keep trying

No one here beilves dhawan is even a good test player forget calling him better then vijay n rahul

N here people has watched cricket to understand failure are part of game and it wasnt easy for openers this series

They knw the diff between test cricket n LOI 

Poor rahul was shielded by another discard Patel. Love your commitment.