India's Under 19 pace attack is frightening

Texy

6 hours ago, the don said:

Muhammad ali , hasnain and arshad look pretty quick  .  

Hard to tell exact pace without speed guns while ali and hasnain aren't in the squad we will see shaheen and arshad in action on the 24th . Very excited about their potential . They are giants at around 6'6 and 6 '4 Pakistan needs taller bowlers or we'll keep getting murdered in austalia and southafrica. 

Indian priorities at the junior level are sorted . Would have been easy to pick an accurate swing bowler at that level and he might have done a job but they have gone the right way in nagarkoti and mavi .

Muhammad Ali is in the squad.

I am afraid guys, our eco system is not cut out to groom them. They will be hounded by the media, ad world and of course IPL after this tournament. Epilogues and opeds will be written why he will be the best so and so. 

Have seen even many talent bowlers get lost in the oblivion. It is tough. I am imagine myself as a 19 year old tear away. Would I be able to focus on my cricket and resist all the distraction ? Perhaps not. 

On 1/21/2018 at 4:29 AM, express bowling said:

I like it that Indian fast bowlers, and their ability to bowl quick,  are being marketed nowadays.  

This is important and motivates the next generation of pacers to bowl quick. It also encourages the existing pacers to continue bowling with effort and sustain pace.  Opposition teams are put under psychological pressure even before the series when they know that they will have to play a group of good quick bowlers.

I was really disappointed when someone of the stature of Zaheer made a public statement that Indian bodies are not meant to bowl fast ... just because he could not maintain his pace.

Thankfully, the days of that regressive mindset are over.

I just got back from India, and the early TV marketing before the U-19 WC started, featured 5 young players in the ads.  All of them batsmen.   Its pathetic.   And a cultural issue.   Why should a Rana be featured ahead of a Nagarkoti or a Mavi - simply no basis for it except - "that's the way it's been".   

Hopefully these kids sustain a bit of success in the u-19 tournament and get the credit and appreciation they deserve.

On 1/21/2018 at 1:17 PM, MechEng said:

Also beats the myth that red meat is needed to bowl quick. Fast bowling is all about mindset, it's serious hardwork to bowl at 140 kph consistently and that needs desire from the bowler to take on that challenge.

red meat specifically beef = high quality protein and creatine. Its actually a good sport nutrition but these kids will have better ones like pro whey/caesin and creatine phospates 

Edited by Vilander
22 hours ago, sandeep said:

I just got back from India, and the early TV marketing before the U-19 WC started, featured 5 young players in the ads.  All of them batsmen.   Its pathetic.   And a cultural issue.   Why should a Rana be featured ahead of a Nagarkoti or a Mavi - simply no basis for it except - "that's the way it's been".   

Hopefully these kids sustain a bit of success in the u-19 tournament and get the credit and appreciation they deserve.

you had time to switch on TV while in india, 5 weeks + ? i suppose.

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

you had time to switch on TV while in india, 5 weeks + ? i suppose.

Made time to watch the Ind-SA matches.  To be honest, watched less of the 2nd than the 1st.  The 1st hour of the 1st test was f**kin awesome, especially given that I'm such a big believer in Bhuvi.  I was only there for 15 days...

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Made time to watch the Ind-SA matches.  To be honest, watched less of the 2nd than the 1st.  The 1st hour of the 1st test was f**kin awesome, especially given that I'm such a big believer in Bhuvi.  I was only there for 15 days...

hmm i was there for longer but had 3 cities to visit...nightmare.

48 minutes ago, Vilander said:

hmm i was there for longer but had 3 cities to visit...nightmare.

I bounced around Bombay, Ahmedabad and Baroda, along with a couple of pitstops.  Felt like the vacation was over before it began.  Still worth it though.  Nothing like family.  

Especially since it was the first time a bunch of my extended family was meeting my 2 year old.  

25 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I bounced around Bombay, Ahmedabad and Baroda, along with a couple of pitstops.  Felt like the vacation was over before it began.  Still worth it though.  Nothing like family.  

Especially since it was the first time a bunch of my extended family was meeting my 2 year old.  

Lol same here, Chennai Mysore Bangalore for me..and a few stops along the way. Same feeling.