So what did we gain from picking Parthiv Patel ahead of Rishab Pant?

7 hours ago, sarcastic said:

@BeautifulGame
I agree with your point that PP did not show up with the bat. But there is no doubt that he is quite good with the bat in hard and bouncy conditions like in SA. 

Parthiv has demonstrated his potential in his earlier stints with team India and he has been doing really well in domestics. Thus he earned his call-back to the test team in this tour.

If Pant had to come, he should be experimented first with the limited overs team first. That cannot happen since your and a lot of ppl's favorite MSD will not vacate his spot even on a trivial tour such as home tour of SL.

He scored 1000+ runs in a Ranji season .Any idea what format Ranji trophy is ? 

Pant can get into T20 (or ODI) by performing in IPL .And he will sooner or later regardless of Dhoni.He is too good to be kept out of the team for too longer.

And the only thing Parthiv has demonstrated in earlier stints with India is to drop catches regularly and costing India test matches.

Edited by BeautifulGame
4 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Hah hah laloo lol come on lol really lol 

Parthiv as well as Karthik have more than a decade of body of work and all of it is failures...just go back in time and think what you were doing in life when they made their debuts and fast forward to now lol so much has changed but they are still trying to establish themselves

Its about time to move on don’t you think?

May not just be Pant,could be Kishen or anyone else but shouldn’t we move forward? I guess that is the essence of the thread.

Anyway no one expected Saha to be injured and yes he is the best keeper in the country and a regular in tests. My issue for which I have been termed a hater was the opinion of  gradual phasing out of Dhoni in LOIs and establishing a young backup or 2 who could sub in and get a taste of tests as well.

Why are we still finding excuses for Karthik and PP even now?

Edited by maniac
9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

This should be last test series for all TTFS starting with Rohit, Karthik, PP. If it is not then selectors need to take a hike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They think Karthick is the back up to Parthiv.

So unfortunately it isn't gonna change anytime soon.Parthiv/ Karthick will definitely be picked for England tour.

7 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

When's the last time you have seen Karthick keep wicket in FC cricket honestly?

What has that got to do with it? I have seen him enoug to know that he can deliver. kindly explain to me what you saw that was wrong?

Edited by Khota
45 minutes ago, Khota said:

What has that got to do with it? I have seen him enoug to know that he can deliver. kindly explain to me what you saw that was wrong?

If you haven't even watched him im FC how do you know his keeping is good enough ?

You have watched him enough ?Where exactly ?

What I saw wrong ? His incompetence with dropping catches for Tamil Nadu.

Edited by BeautifulGame
12 hours ago, saik said:

Pant should  be in the T20 team atleast.

Pant/Samson/Kishan should be given chances in T20/ODIs. In Tests, one of these guys should be made an understudy to Saha, who is a beautiful WK. Even though Saha's batting is not so good abroad, we need very good wk skills and runs coming out his bat should only be considered a bonus.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Parthiv as well as Karthik have more than a decade of body of work and all of it is failures...just go back in time and think what you were doing in life when they made their debuts and fast forward to now lol so much has changed but they are still trying to establish themselves

Its about time to move on don’t you think?

May not just be Pant,could be Kishen or anyone else but shouldn’t we move forward? I guess that is the essence of the thread.

Anyway no one expected Saha to be injured and yes he is the best keeper in the country and a regular in tests. My issue for which I have been termed a hater was the opinion of  gradual phasing out of Dhoni in LOIs and establishing a young backup or 2 who could sub in and get a taste of tests as well.

Why are we still finding excuses for Karthik and PP even now?

Hang on you misinterpret what I said . Where have I said pp and karthick shoudl be in indie team and squad ? No they should not 

my point was that saha is good but batting can be suspect overseas 

my main point is that after watching pant numerous times he has disappointed me and not his technique to be frank has looked poor as well as his approach. He is not ready for international cricket at all batting wise from what I see . If we need to groom someone now and play them now then imo pant is not that person for a few years or until he shows improvement in technique and approach 

30 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

If you haven't even watched him im FC how do you know his keeping is good enough ?

You have watched him enough ?Where exactly ?

What I saw wrong ? His incompetence with dropping catches for Tamil Nadu.

I have watched him Tests/ODi and T20. He is not as flashy as Dhoni but equally good at keeping. His batting is an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

I have watched him Tests/ODi and T20. He is not as flashy as Dhoni but equally good at keeping. His batting is an upgrade.

The last series he played as keeper for India in tests he was horrondous with keeping and dropped.

So how is his keeping good ?

Edited by BeautifulGame