Shaun Tait takes temporary retirement

He was massively hyped before the Perth test and then he failed to fire. I feel kind of sorry for him as this would seriously have hit him psychologically...he must have received little support from the Aussie team members after Perth too. So a bit of R&R is probably a good thing. But he is seriously quick and on rhythm, a deadly force. His action though, is a real worry and he is a huge candidate for back problems, elbow problems (weird hyper extension) etc etc...so don't know what his prospects are in the long run.

i guess he took the perth failure too much to his heart and got himself into a turmoil..u cud easily see that in his face..he cudnt back his words with his performance..hope he gets back soon with a better mind..and v shd all be proud of our Sree look how he keeps talking but never gives up..he is truly a talent..:D

Man, I am really amazed at most of the reactions here. Everyone seems to be glad that Tait broke down. It would have been nicer had all of us here spent some time thinking about some of the trauma he would have gone through for him to have made this decision. One thing that Tait has going for him is, CA will take good for him. I am sure they would have already begun to put a rehabilitation program tailored to suit his specific needs. He will be back, very soon.