Sanjay Manjrekar is an irritating soul

Oldhere

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 3:03 AM, Global.Baba said:

.So Imran might have heaped some praise on him.  ( Manju )

When we toured Pakistan in 1989 ... Manju  scored  218 and 113  in that series.  

Tendulkar debuted in that series too and scored some impressive 50+ in that series as a 16 year old.

Imran ... the politician that he always was ...  said after that series that,  although there is a lot of talk about Tendulkar's talent, he won't be surprised if Manju ends up with more impressive career stats by the time the both of them hang their boots.

Manju became a  slave of Imran after that statement.  

Edited by express bowling
20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

When we toured Pakistan in 1989 ... Manju  scored  218 and 113  in that series.  

Tendulkar debuted in that series too and scored some impressive 50+ in that series as a 16 year old.

Imran ... the politician that he always was ...  said after that series that,  although there is a lot of ralk about Tendulkar's talent, he won't be surprised if Manju ends up with more impressive career stats by the time the both of them hang their boots.

Manju became a  slave of Imran after that statement.  

In my humble opinion, it wasn't shrewd of Imran to say that, if he ever did. I dont recall that statement, but I totally trust your knowledge on that. 

However, we shouldnt forget that Imran was always overawed by perfect technique. Its not for nothing that Imran held Sunny Gavaskar in high regards. Sanju, technically and as a batsman was quite close to Sunny. Although Pakistan had flamboyant batsmen, very few were technically sound like Sunny, Sanju or Rahul.

Tbh, Sanju had all the technique and flavour which could have made him a great batsman. The only thing he didnt have was common sense and guts. He was a coward as a batsman, as most 80's and early 90's Indian batsmen were. 

That is what Imran might have referred to.

54 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You have to protect this kid Prithvi  Shaw from Manjrekar even Sunny Bhai sometimes. His phrases like "mumbai style of batting" "mumbai style of thinking" is annoying . He is a good batsman representing India. Possibly will become a great batsman. Instead of putting him in a group these bozos have to look at the larger picture.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

In my humble opinion, it wasn't shrewd of Imran to say that, if he ever did. I dont recall that statement, but I totally trust your knowledge on that. 

However, we shouldnt forget that Imran was always overawed by perfect technique. Its not for nothing that Imran held Sunny Gavaskar in high regards. Sanju, technically and as a batsman was quite close to Sunny. Although Pakistan had flamboyant batsmen, very few were technically sound like Sunny, Sanju or Rahul.

Tbh, Sanju had all the technique and flavour which could have made him a great batsman. The only thing he didnt have was common sense and guts. He was a coward as a batsman, as most 80's and early 90's Indian batsmen were. 

That is what Imran might have referred to.

Maybe Imran truly believed it at that time.   (   Different people will interpret it differently  ) 

But the impact of that statement on Manju was and is lifelong.

Edited by express bowling