KKR Playing 11

Straight Drive

On 1/29/2018 at 5:53 AM, Straight Drive said:

BATSMEN: Chris Lynn, Robin Uthappa, Cameron Delport, Shubman Gill, Ishank Jaggi, Nitish Rana, Apoorv Wankhade, Rinku Singh, Javon Searless

WICKET KEEPER: Dinesh Karthik

ALLROUNDER: Andre Russell

BOWLERES: Mitchell Starc, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Vinay Kumar, Mitchell Johnson, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav ,Sunil Narine

My playing 11 would be:

ROBIN
CHRIS LYNN
NITISH RANA
DINESH KARTHIK (WK)
SHUBHAM GILL
ANDRE RUSELL
SUNIL NARINE

KULDEEP YADAV
PIYUSH CHAWLA
MITCHELL STARC 
KAMLESH NAGARKOTI / SHIVAM MAVI / VINAY KUMAR

What do you think will be KKR's playing 11 ?

Lynnsanity, Narine, Uthappa, Jaggi/Gill, Rana, Karthik (wk), Russell, Starc, Nagarkoti, Kuldeep, Vinny Kumar

2 hours ago, Unstable Joe said:

What I will choose:

Chris Lynn (c)

Sunil Narine

Nitish Rana

Robin Uthappa / Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Shubman Gill

Andre Russell

Piyush Chawla

Kamlesh Nagarkoti

Kuldeep Yadav

Mitchell Starc

Shivam Mavi

batting looks rather weak. Of the top 7, both Narine and Russell are very hit-or-miss. In the knockouts, one bad day can result in KKR being 5-down for very few and Chawla/Koti are not very capable in this format.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

batting looks rather weak. Of the top 7, both Narine and Russell are very hit-or-miss. In the knockouts, one bad day can result in KKR being 5-down for very few and Chawla/Koti are not very capable in this format.

True, however, KKR don't have much options to choose from. You could get Uthappa to open with Lynn, but aside from that I can't see there being any changes to this XI. Do you have a playing xi in mind? If so, could you share?

Edited by Unstable Joe

3 minutes ago, Unstable Joe said:

True, however, KKR don't have much options to choose from. You could get Uthappa to open with Lynn, but aside from that I can;t see there being any changes to this XI. Do you have a playing xi in mind? If so, could you share?

I agree. I'd listed mine a few posts above. It's pretty similar to yours: Lynnsanity, Narine, Uthappa, Jaggi/Gill, Rana, Karthik (wk), Russell, Starc, Nagarkoti, Kuldeep, Vinny Kumar/Chawla -> batting till 7, with rest of the tail also capable of some batting. 6 genuine bowling options.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I agree. I'd listed mine a few posts above. It's pretty similar to yours: Lynnsanity, Narine, Uthappa, Jaggi/Gill, Rana, Karthik (wk), Russell, Starc, Nagarkoti, Kuldeep, Vinny Kumar/Chawla -> batting till 7, with rest of the tail also capable of some batting. 6 genuine bowling options.

I personally prefer Mavi to Vinay Kumar. Including DK does give them some more strength in batting also. Good lineup.

6 minutes ago, Unstable Joe said:

I personally prefer Mavi to Vinay Kumar. Including DK does give them some more strength in batting also. Good lineup.

I think both Mavi and Koti may increase the chances of going for runs. Although both are better bowlers than Vinny, in a high-pressure environment like IPL (with large crowds, noise, etc), the lack of experience can prove to be a factor. Mavi in particular does not have even domestic experience that he can draw upon. Hence, I would select only one of these two and the other would be Vinny. If the pitch assists spin, would replace Vinny with Chawla. This experience vs youth factor is also why I mentioned Jaggi (experience) vs Gill (youth).

Although DK is not a great keeper, he is also somewhat better than Uthappam as a keeper. Hence, I'd included him for that reason as well as (of course) bolstering the batting.

KKR, if people fire at the right times, has an excellent chance of winning. They have explosive batsmen (Lynn, Narine, Russell), people who can consolidate & attack reasonably well (Uthappa, Karthik, Rana) and they have a wide range of bowlers: left-arm pace (Starc), right-arm pace (Russell, Koti, Mavi), mystery spin (Narine), wrist spin (Kuldeep & Chawla), etc. Even their back-ups are solid - like Delport.

Edited by Vijy

34 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I think both Mavi and Koti may increase the chances of going for runs. Although both are better bowlers than Vinny, in a high-pressure environment like IPL (with large crowds, noise, etc), the lack of experience can prove to be a factor. Mavi in particular does not have even domestic experience that he can draw upon. Hence, I would select only one of these two and the other would be Vinny. If the pitch assists spin, would replace Vinny with Chawla. This experience vs youth factor is also why I mentioned Jaggi (experience) vs Gill (youth).

Although DK is not a great keeper, he is also somewhat better than Uthappam as a keeper. Hence, I'd included him for that reason as well as (of course) bolstering the batting.

KKR, if people fire at the right times, has an excellent chance of winning. They have explosive batsmen (Lynn, Narine, Russell), people who can consolidate & attack reasonably well (Uthappa, Karthik, Rana) and they have a wide range of bowlers: left-arm pace (Starc), right-arm pace (Russell, Koti, Mavi), mystery spin (Narine), wrist spin (Kuldeep & Chawla), etc. Even their back-ups are solid - like Delport.

A lot of good points made. I quite agree with your analysis.

1. Lynn

2. Narine

3. Uthappa

4. Gill

5. Rana / Jaggi

6. Karthick 360  ( floater, will come in after the 14th over )

7. Russell

8. Starc / Johnson

9. Mavi / Vinay

10. Nagarkoti

11. Kuldeep

if Lynn, Narine, Starc and Russel are all injured / unavailable then

1. Uthappa

2. Searless / Delport

3. Rana 

4. Gill

5. Jaggi / Rinku

6. Karthick 360  ( floater, will come in after the 14th over )

7. Vinay

8. Mavi / Chawla

9. Johnson

10. Nagarkoti

11. Kuldeep

Edited by express bowling

On 1/29/2018 at 4:23 PM, Straight Drive said:

BATSMEN: Chris Lynn, Robin Uthappa, Cameron Delport, Shubman Gill, Ishank Jaggi, Nitish Rana, Apoorv Wankhade, Rinku Singh, Javon Searless

WICKET KEEPER: Dinesh Karthik

ALLROUNDER: Andre Russell

BOWLERES: Mitchell Starc, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Vinay Kumar, Mitchell Johnson, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav ,Sunil Narine

My playing 11 would be:

ROBIN
CHRIS LYNN
NITISH RANA
DINESH KARTHIK (WK)
SHUBHAM GILL
ANDRE RUSELL
SUNIL NARINE

KULDEEP YADAV
PIYUSH CHAWLA
MITCHELL STARC 
KAMLESH NAGARKOTI / SHIVAM MAVI / VINAY KUMAR

What do you think will be KKR's playing 11 ?

nagarkoti ,shubham gill and Mavi are the one , i willl keep close eye on.

On 2/25/2018 at 11:04 AM, sourab10forever said:

^Narine can come up the order

He played good number of cameos in last IPL as opener. Narine scored a cameo in one match in a match this week in PSL. So i think the tactic of franchisees using him as pinch hitter in T20 is working well. KKR will play his as opener in few matches this year as well.