‘Dhoni does 50% of spinners’ work’: Kuldeep

velu

1 minute ago, jalebi_bhai said:

It's from the Christian Bale Batman trilogy

This is Bruce Wayne/Batman during his training. His mentor advices him that to conquer fear, you must become fear

I argue that Dhoni took this line of logic too literally and applied it to overseas Test captaincy. Hence, to conquer overseas Test humiliation, you must become overseas Test humiliation , which he did with aplomb by reducing us to minnow status overseas.

Shunya was trying to defend Dhoni's overseas Test captaincy using the below:

I mean, he isn't entirely wrong in the sense that Dhoni ran away from Test cricket at the same speed Batman was riding his Batcycle.

Shunya unlike his forum name will find a billion reasons to defend his icon....all of it bogus...let’s not read into that

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Guys like Sachin etc don’t have threads for every random thing they do because what they did was on the field,finished up there and left a mark...everything is tangible.

Looks like you need to clutch at straws to prove utility of some of the more mediocre ones clearly.

What next a thread about how the pope sneezed and his sneeze sounded like he said MSD :facepalm:

nah .. we have lots of choke threads esp for sachin  :phehe:

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Guys like Sachin etc don’t have threads for every random thing they do because what they did was on the field,finished up there and left a mark...everything is tangible.

Looks like you need to clutch at straws to prove utility of some of the more mediocre ones clearly.

What next a thread about how the pope sneezed and his sneeze sounded like he said MSD :facepalm:

Mama, give it back in kind. The worst they will do is call you a Sachinista even if you're not one :rofl: 

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

There were plenty of threads like these when he was playing. Probably, Dhoni is loved by his team as much as Sachin was, but unfortunately the Sachin fanboys cannot accept any admiration of other players like how we saw with Dravid in other threads.

Heck, you guys are going up and down in this thread as if Kuldeep is a dumb person who doesn't know what he is saying. All Indian cricketers including Kohli or Rohit are Dhoni fanboys and they are the ones who is saying this. Its not created out of thin air by some random fans.

7 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

This is Bruce Wayne/Batman during his training. His mentor advices him that to conquer fear, you must become fear

I argue that Dhoni took this line of logic too literally and applied it to overseas Test captaincy. Hence, to conquer overseas Test humiliation, you must become overseas Test humiliation , which he did with aplomb by reducing us to minnow status overseas.

I mean, he isn't entirely wrong in the sense that Dhoni ran away from Test cricket at the same speed Batman was riding his Batcycle.

Dhoni is a villain right now. Batman never was.

More apt line for Dhoni is: You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. - Batman

17 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

strawman arguments :sad:

and this is Dhoni :hail:

15 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dhoni is a villain right now. Batman never was.

More apt line for Dhoni is: You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. - Batman

that is indeed an apt line. a lot of our seniors retired way too late.

6 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Common, do not degrade the achievements to win brownie points here. :nono: .

I'm not degrading his achievements. It's a great achievement. 

6 minutes ago, Shunya said:

:nono: How many times we have been reached no.1 ranking?

He finished his BS, MS, PHD conquering all that was there to conquer and then probably left after that.

Two Test maces under Dhoni. Two under Virat already. Unlike Dhoni, Virat is not done yet at Test level. We might lose the mace in 2019 as we mostly play overseas, but I back Virat to get at least get one more mace. 

Now let me explain why the only MS that Dhoni has is in his name. Dhoni inherited the number 2 Test side in the world, took the team to number 1 and from 2011 on wards, a phase of terminal decline began. He deserted the team at number 7.

Virat inherited the number 7 team and has made them number 1. This is the difference. These are verifiable facts. So no MS for MSD in Test cricket. 

He is a LOIs genius, no arguments. Let's not overrate him in Tests though.