Ashwin to try legspin in upcoming IPL

Suhaan

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Unlucky in what way? Jadeja is unlucky you can say who even after home exploits as he reached number 1 this year,  did not get a single test match away from home this series.

Ashwin played both test matches where we needed to play 1 spinner in the test series. Thats not unlucky at all.

I am talking about odis, both him and jadeja would be still playing in odis if Kuldeep and Chahal did not emerge.IPl is good in that way, it is throwing out more alternatives.all any talented player would ask is a chance to prove themselves and IPl is doing that.

Pandya will be on also on the line if some other alternatives emerge.This is very good for Indian cricket as these players cannot rest of their past laurel.

Ashwin tweeting about these two spinners says a lot.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I am talking about odis, both him and jadeja would be still playing in odis if Kuldeep and Chahal did not emerge.IPl is good in that way, it is throwing out more alternatives.all any talented player would ask is a chance to prove themselves and IPl is doing that.

Pandya will be on also on the line if some other alternatives emerge.This is very good for Indian cricket as these players cannot rest of their past laurel.

Ashwin tweeting about these two spinners says a lot.

I think Kohli the captain is good in that way, he patiently tries all the players which the previous captain left it for him and then he tries to take the past players out slowly fromt he format where they need to go.

He is isn’t perfect like for example he hasn’t taken out Dhoni het from ODI’s but to leave out Ashwin and Jadeja from ODI’s won’t have happened that easily under another captain.

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I think Kohli the captain is good in that way, he patiently tries all the players which the previous captain left it for him and then he tries to take the past players out slowly fromt he format where they need to go.

He is isn’t perfect like for example he hasn’t taken out Dhoni het from ODI’s but to leave out Ashwin and Jadeja from ODI’s won’t have happened that easily under another captain.

I think it is also selectors given the debacle in CT.Both Ashwin and jadeja were horrible there.You are right jadeja is not even getting a chance to prove himself.

Wish we had few practice games where all three spinners would play together before first test in England.

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

Wish we had few practice games where all three spinners would play together before first test in England.

Yes, it will be great to have a few matches, where all 4 spinners - RA, RJ, KY and YC can bowl as the quartet.

See what happens in those matches.

Edited by fineleg