Pakistanis happier than Indians: World Happiness Report finds India unhappiest among neighbours

Singh bling

7 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

could've happened if we had good horses. Unfortunately, we didn't. 

great point. even not sufficient number of cavalry units like Elephants or defense structures like rock forts probably so could not defend against the desert hoards either and kept loosing territory and eventually delhi and cultural invasion.

Australia has low population  because of anti immigration ( anti white immigration to be precise) 

main-qimg-e64b9943ebded2f7ad59606dcc744d

There is only controlled immigration possible, so political power is with the ruling elites. Not cribbing, this is a choice that is making sure Australian land resource is with the current population, any claims of well being and socio cultural acheivement by Australia has to be considered along with area denial resource denial policy of current Australian ruling elite. No wonder they are resource rich, they are hogging it when you look at i in human scale. Wont settle deserts wont settle tropics wont settle equatorial want continent full of national parks and small population in the waste temperate zone..aus temperate zone itself is 2-3 times size of pakistan they still have 1/10 the population.

main-qimg-4afe2e7cc5078f81d6a9993b21724b

main-qimg-f17d95f89098e07318c49547dcfbed

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

you have 26 mil people and land resource 2.5 times India so shove it, you do not have the civic problems in scale of India never will. 

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

Australia has low population  because of anti immigration ( anti white immigration to be precise) 

main-qimg-e64b9943ebded2f7ad59606dcc744d

There is only controlled immigration possible, so political power is with the ruling elites. Not cribbing, this is a choice that is making sure Australian land resource is with the current population, any claims of well being and socio cultural acheivement by Australia has to be considered along with area denial resource denial policy of current Australian ruling elite. No wonder they are resource rich, they are hogging it when you look at i in human scale. Wont settle deserts wont settle tropics wont settle equatorial want continent full of national parks and small population in the waste temperate zone..aus temperate zone itself is 2-3 times size of pakistan they still have 1/10 the population.

main-qimg-4afe2e7cc5078f81d6a9993b21724b

main-qimg-f17d95f89098e07318c49547dcfbed

Yes we do have a small population and yes we are very strict when it comes to illegal migrants and that's a good thing.

I have been to India I travelled in India for 8 months so I know a little bit about the country I enjoyed it but I also hated it.

Hated the fact that people throw rubbish everywhere in Australia even though there are no fines for littering we just don't litter that is called pride in the country.

But if you urinate or poo in public there are big fines if you urinate in public you get a $425 fine on the spot.

Yes, we are naturally blessed with abundant natural resources that the world wants and needs but we have very strict environmental laws.

I understand India had a very big population but the lack of public toilets is a disgrace sanitation is a basic part/need of life, hygiene standards are very low as well maybe I am wrong but from what I saw that's the impression I got.

Like I said India was a good experience but I hated going to a beautiful place and then you look around there is rubbish everywhere sad to say this but Indians don't have pride in their country.

Don't want people on here to take offence for saying all this but if you do then it's up to you these are just my impressions.

Edited by Hydra

3 hours ago, Hydra said:

Yes we do have a small population and yes we are very strict when it comes to illegal migrants and that's a good thing.

I have been to India I travelled in India for 8 months so I know a little bit about the country I enjoyed it but I also hated it.

Hated the fact that people throw rubbish everywhere in Australia even though there are no fines for littering we just don't litter that is called pride in the country.

But if you urinate or poo in public there are big fines if you urinate in public you get a $425 fine on the spot.

Yes, we are naturally blessed with abundant natural resources that the world wants and needs but we have very strict environmental laws.

I understand India had a very big population but the lack of public toilets is a disgrace sanitation is a basic part/need of life, hygiene standards are very low as well maybe I am wrong but from what I saw that's the impression I got.

Like I said India was a good experience but I hated going to a beautiful place and then you look around there is rubbish everywhere sad to say this but Indians don't have pride in their country.

Don't want people on here to take offence for saying all this but if you do then it's up to you these are just my impressions.

You guys better have public toilets every 10 blocks then, otherwise its pretty insane law to fine so much for peeing in public. 

When you gotta go, you gotta go- what do you expect Canadians or Americans do, when they gotta piss and they are outside in the city, waiting for a bus or two late in the night ? go pee behind the garbage can. Happens all the time even in the most civilized of countries. 

Same thing with drunk people and taking a dump. Don't blame people for going when they need to go by stupid BS 'pride in the country' nonsense, when it happens in your country too due to lack of public washrooms. 

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

You guys better have public toilets every 10 blocks then, otherwise its pretty insane law to fine so much for peeing in public. 

When you gotta go, you gotta go- what do you expect Canadians or Americans do, when they gotta piss and they are outside in the city, waiting for a bus or two late in the night ? go pee behind the garbage can. Happens all the time even in the most civilized of countries. 

Same thing with drunk people and taking a dump. Don't blame people for going when they need to go by stupid BS 'pride in the country' nonsense, when it happens in your country too due to lack of public washrooms. 

We have public toilets and they are clean compared to India if you do find a public toilet in India you can smell it from a mile away they are disgusting.

The problem in India is the caste system where the lower caste people are made to do the dirty jobs and cleaning toilets is beneath others.

I have never seen anyone defecating or urinating in public in Australia it is possible I am not saying it's not but I know the fines are very steep.

22 minutes ago, Hydra said:

We have public toilets and they are clean compared to India if you do find a public toilet in India you can smell it from a mile away they are disgusting.

You have public toliets ? like except four or five in downtown Sydney, where are these magic toilets of yours ?

Sure, the toilets in India are disgusting. But i'd rather have a toilet, than have no toilet and be forced to go behind a trash-can in public.  In India, it is far easier to find a communal toilet than anywhere in USA/Canada/Australia i've found. England is marginally better, but thats just pretty much London. 

The problem in India is the caste system where the lower caste people are made to do the dirty jobs and cleaning toilets is beneath others.

You know jack-**** about India if you think that is the case. In cities, its not just the lower castes who clean toilets. And in villages, there are hardly any 'public toilets'. 

I have never seen anyone defecating or urinating in public in Australia it is possible I am not saying it's not but I know the fines are very steep.

Bull$hit. If a tourist like me can see people taking a piss in public at 3am after your bars close, then you must be living in the absolute boonies to've never seen such a sight. 

In the western world, practically every dude (and most chicks) end up taking a leak outside somewhere- far more frequently for guys (like weekly/bi-weekly) and far less for ladies (like once or twice a year) but this is standard 101 western behaviour after drinking in bars/partying/concerts etc. 
Because there are hardly any public toilets outside of a few select spots in most of the western world. 

You guys having such a high fine is nothing more than a cash-grab by your government/police. Surprised they could sell the con to you folks so easily. For us, its no more than a citation at first time and 50 bucks a second time. Coz well, when you gotta go, you gotta go. 

Edited by Muloghonto

28 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

You have public toliets ? like except four or five in downtown Sydney, where are these magic toilets of yours ?

Sure, the toilets in India are disgusting. But i'd rather have a toilet, than have no toilet and be forced to go behind a trash-can in public.  In India, it is far easier to find a communal toilet than anywhere in USA/Canada/Australia i've found. England is marginally better, but thats just pretty much London. 

You know jack-**** about India if you think that is the case. In cities, its not just the lower castes who clean toilets. And in villages, there are hardly any 'public toilets'. 

Bull$hit. If a tourist like me can see people taking a piss in public at 3am after your bars close, then you must be living in the absolute boonies to've never seen such a sight. 

In the western world, practically every dude (and most chicks) end up taking a leak outside somewhere- far more frequently for guys (like weekly/bi-weekly) and far less for ladies (like once or twice a year) but this is standard 101 western behaviour after drinking in bars/partying/concerts etc. 
Because there are hardly any public toilets outside of a few select spots in most of the western world. 

You guys having such a high fine is nothing more than a cash-grab by your government/police. Surprised they could sell the con to you folks so easily. For us, its no more than a citation at first time and 50 bucks a second time. Coz well, when you gotta go, you gotta go. 

In the heart of the financial capital of the world's fastest growing economy, the amount of sewage generated is beyond compare. And still today, there are people who deal with the **** with their bare hands everyday. Chase investigates into the unfair practice of sewage treatment in Mumbai.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=documentary+untouchables+in+mumbai

Here is your bullshit 21st century and still making people clean sewers with no protective clothing we have robots and technology to do that sort of work.

And here I thought you said there was no caste system in the cities must have read wrong.

Edited by Hydra

26 minutes ago, Hydra said:

Here is your bullshit 21st century and still making people clean sewers with no protective clothing we have robots and technology to do that sort of work.

Nice way to dodge. Again, i ask you. Where are these magical public washrooms of yours outside of the downtown heart of Sydney/Melbourne ?

As for you having robots and technology to do that stuff- are you saying Australia is the first country in the world where humans are not cleaning the city drain-pipes or septic tanks in the yard ? 

Go try your BS somewhere else. I don't know how old you are, but judging from your ignorant posts, chances are i've been living in the west for longer than you've been alive. 

Maybe you Aussies need to get your heads out of your a$$es and not be the 'afghanistan' of the western world in terms of backwardness. Your nation's reputation for racism, bigotry and backwards mentality ranks below the 'deep south' of the US to most western eyes. 

And here I thought you said there was no caste system in the cities must have read wrong.

I said that caste does not make one a latrine-cleaner in India. Which has nothing to do with your random youtube video. 

Edited by Muloghonto

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Nice way to dodge. Again, i ask you. Where are these magical public washrooms of yours outside of the downtown heart of Sydney/Melbourne ?

As for you having robots and technology to do that stuff- are you saying Australia is the first country in the world where humans are not cleaning the city drain-pipes or septic tanks in the yard ? 

Go try your BS somewhere else. I don't know how old you are, but judging from your ignorant posts, chances are i've been living in the west for longer than you've been alive. 

Maybe you Aussies need to get your heads out of your a$$es and not be the 'afghanistan' of the western world in terms of backwardness. Your nation's reputation for racism, bigotry and backwards mentality ranks below the 'deep south' of the US to most western eyes. 

I said that caste does not make one a latrine-cleaner in India. Which has nothing to do with your random youtube video. 

Ok if you say so but the proof is right there in front of you and your nation is the most racist country on the planet but hey you are Indian so I don't expect you to agree keep beating your chest.

Don't want to get into an argument I did say that was my impression of India when I travelled there seems like you can't handle the truth about your country.

3 minutes ago, Hydra said:

Ok if you say so but the proof is right there in front of you and your nation is the most racist country on the planet but hey you are Indian so I don't expect you to agree keep beating your chest.

Err, India is firstly, not my nation anymore. 
Secondly, India is actually far less racist than most western countries, because the concept of race itself doesn't exist in vast parts of the country. 

Casteism is not racism, so get your accusations right. 

3 minutes ago, Hydra said:

Don't want to get into an argument I did say that was my impression of India when I travelled there seems like you can't handle the truth about your country.

Coming from Aussies, who are quite literally the butthole of the western world and the ultimate laggard in human rights of the western world, that is pretty rich. How long was it again, since you stopped kidnapping Aboriginal children as a society ? Oh right...barely 2 decades. 

I can tell from the get-go that your 'travel' didn't really teach you anything about Indian culture or the nuances of it. 

Most likely yet another missionary idiot who thinks he knows from pre-conceived notions.

14 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Err, India is firstly, not my nation anymore. 
Secondly, India is actually far less racist than most western countries, because the concept of race itself doesn't exist in vast parts of the country. 

Casteism is not racism, so get your accusations right. 

Coming from Aussies, who are quite literally the butthole of the western world and the ultimate laggard in human rights of the western world, that is pretty rich. How long was it again, since you stopped kidnapping Aboriginal children as a society ? Oh right...barely 2 decades. 

I can tell from the get-go that your 'travel' didn't really teach you anything about Indian culture or the nuances of it. 

Most likely yet another missionary idiot who thinks he knows from pre-conceived notions.

Anyway glad you got that off your chest.

On 16/03/2018 at 6:17 PM, Hydra said:

Australia we are always near the top 10

Melbourne was voted again as the most livable city in the world.

Our lifestyle is awesome.

Environmental laws are some of the strictest in the world.

We have beautiful natural scenery.

We don't litter or go to the toilet on the streets.

Great education.

Low levels of pollution.

We don't have corruption well not as bad as some other countries.

Having said all that we do have problems like any other country.

You clearly haven’t been to Western Sydney, lol. Places like Lakemba, Greenacre, Auburn and Blacktown make Lahore look like a first world city. 

Melbourne has huge crime problems right now, people are too afraid to leave their homes. African gangs in the corner of every street.

NZ>AUS every day of the week and twice on Sunday’s. IMHO Australia is one of the most overhyped nations in the world, bigots left, right and centre; it ain’t very clean apart from the rich ‘white’ suburbs; currently amidst one of the worst housing crisis’s in the world, I can go on and on but I can’t be arsed.

Edited by Ellipsism

Pakistan currently has very low terrorism so after suffering for a decade they may be optimistic about it and hence happier with hope.  India on the other hand has suffered demonetisation hence may be feeling low. Happiness and moods will keep changing in few weeks or days time. Do we need to take these polls so seriously! Also in india we are fighting fo so many  rights and trying to make things better. Everything is out in the open and we argue about it our poverty  and our social issues  where as pakistan don't do that. These people are definately happier because they are in denail. They watch indan media and think that defecation,poverty rapes and other issues exist only in india and not in their country. In another forum the pakistanis are so happy to be happier than india and some even say that the main reason is their faith or that india is running behind westernisation(material pursuits) and hence unhappy

In this particular comparison (and not in general) it may have to do with higher religiosity. The tendency to believe in a higher power who will fix the problems or worst case grant a place in heaven for eternity would keep one happier than staring realistically at the problems which look like having no end in sight. 

Just a guess.

On 16/03/2018 at 11:59 PM, Hydra said:

Dude you are being a tool now you want to do poverty tourism lol india has 1.2 bil people the only country you can compare yourself is canada, aus has too few people and too much resources to take pride over civic amenities compared to a over populated developing economy like India. Everything costs resources that are not available from sanitation to garbage removal its a slow process. If you want to feel proud compare your self with Canada, how many syrian immigrants did you take in. How long do you think you can keep ind chinese and indonesian people from entering aus lol..immigration of people is bigger than nations its a natural process like the sea currents. I see australia as an elitest small minority country and a natural resource hog.

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

In this particular comparison (and not in general) it may have to do with higher religiosity. The tendency to believe in a higher power who will fix the problems or worst case grant a place in heaven for eternity would keep one happier than staring realistically at the problems which look like having no end in sight. 

Just a guess.

More to do with hygine factors meaning in Aus a typical middle class family probably makes important decisions related to red vs white wine for dinner meanwhile one in a indian b city makes decision related to putting food on the table next week.