Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

Man I love this thread ,best one in the ipl section and some good analysis on bowling.

we've got some serious pace talents but gotta use their potential and differentiate the formats they can suit to 

Thanks for the appreciation.. I will acknowledge this as I did start the speed topix and this one. 

Though i am impressed by performances of indian young quicks, they are still no where as quick as Umesh yadav and Varun Aaron used to be 3-4 years ago in IPL matches. In fact 25 deliveries of Umesh Yadav were in 'top 100 fastest balls' list in 2012. All in between 151 ks to 148 ks. Doubt any Indian young fast bowlers can replicate that feat. May be NagarKotti in future.

Avesh and Mavi both are younger than Aaron and Yadav when they played IPL. These two guys will get quicker. Same with nagarkoti and Khaleel. If they stay fit.

In IPL 2018, till 27th April,  4  young  Indian pacers have bowled really quick, with a very high percentage of deliveries above 140 k and fastest balls in the high and mid 140s.

They are Avesh, Bumrah, Siraj and Mavi.

Their fastest so far

Avesh      149.1 k

Bumrah   148.0 k

Siraj         147.2 k

Mavi        146.5 k

Umesh and Shami have been reasonably quick too. 

Avesh should be picked for England and played too. 

If we don't play it will mean that we have not played our best fast bowlers. 

In England we need to play 4 pacers in every test and I am sure he is definitely in the best 4 for India. 

Though i am impressed by performances of indian young quicks, they are still no where as quick as Umesh yadav and Varun Aaron used to be 3-4 years ago in IPL matches. In fact 25 deliveries of Umesh Yadav were in 'top 100 fastest balls' list in 2012. All in between 151 ks to 148 ks. Doubt any Indian young fast bowlers can replicate that feat. May be NagarKotti in future.

Avesh and Mavi both are younger than Aaron and Yadav when they played IPL. These two guys will get quicker. Same with nagarkoti and Khaleel. If they stay fit.

Varun Aaron clocked 153.4 ks in a Domestic competition at the age of 21. Avesh is already 21. I don't think any one can rival the past records of umesh and Aaron (only the Speed gun record) from the current young fast bowlers in the future. Only Nagarkotti can, only if he remains fit.

Edited by Insidious

Varun Aaron clocked 153.4 ks in a Domestic competition at the age of 21. Avesh is already 21. I don't think any one can rival the past records of umesh and Aaron (only the Speed gun record) from the current young fast bowlers in the future. Only Nagarkotti can, only if he remains fit.

that was just one delivery.  Otherwise, he was too around 138-147K. Anyway, 153, 152 are just numbers and anything around 145K is quick at any level.  For me, the most important thing is at that time, we had two bowlers able to clock 145KPH, now we have Bumrah, Shami, Mavi, Siraj, Avesh, Nagarkoti, Asif, Khaleel, Saini, Kulwant, Sangwan, Aniket, Ankit Rajpoot all capable of clocking around 144-145KPH. That is the most important part. The bigger the pool of such pacers, better the chances of getting world class fast bowlers.

Edited by rkt.india

Varun arron is out and out quick , unfortunately not had been a regular in the team ,had that been a case,he would have definitely become the fastest in the world,he had all the masala to become our Brett Lee in terms of pace,still he can easily beat the chart toppers by a fair margin ,a sad story though

Varun arron is out and out quick , unfortunately not had been a regular in the team ,had that been a case,he would have definitely become the fastest in the world,he had all the masala to become our Brett Lee in terms of pace,still he can easily beat the chart toppers by a fair margin ,a sad story though

Not the fastest in the world, but he would be one of the fastest for sure.

that was just one delivery.  Otherwise, he was too around 138-147K. Anyway, 153, 152 are just numbers and anything around 145K is quick at any level.  For me, the most important thing is at that time, we had two bowlers able to clock 145KPH, now we have Bumrah, Shami, Mavi, Siraj, Avesh, Nagarkoti, Asif, Khaleel, Saini, Kulwant, Sangwan, Aniket, Ankit Rajpoot all capable of clocking around 144-145KPH. That is the most important part. The bigger the pool of such pacers, better the chances of getting world class fast bowlers.

Varun Aaron is probably the quickest we have if we consider average pace. Don't think any Indian bowler apart from young Umesh have clocked an average pace of 145+. Look at the swing Aaron is getting at 146 - 149k's in NZ. Feel sad regarding Aaron. What might have been if he had not had so many injuries. :(( 

Varun Aaron is probably the quickest we have if we consider average pace. Don't think any Indian bowler apart from young Umesh have clocked an average pace of 145+. Look at the swing Aaron is getting at 146 - 149k's in NZ. Feel sad regarding Aaron. What might have been if he had not had so many injuries. :(( 

Aaron has not had any serious long-term injury since that tour.