Why do some South Indians can speak Hindi fluently while many can't?

Franco Vazquez

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@velu Bangladeshi cuisine except some fish dishes is yuck. If they are making North Indian dishes, I don't think many will be able to digest the * :fear1:

north indian food usually mean roti + rice + dal + sabji and guess anyone can prepare ( but tatse might vary ) ..

south indian ood usually mean rice + dal + samabar ..

i had a nepali cook preparing roti and sabji for me everyday for 2/3 years ( nepali food is very basic )   :p:

@Stradlater @velu @beetle Who's the elder brother, Karthik or Ganesh? My mom is a Southie and tells Karthik is younger, my dad is a Northie and says Ganesh is the younger one. Bas isi pe aadha samay jhagadte rehte hai yeh donon...I tries to do my independent research and couldn't find anything conclusive. All the Southies (and their sources) I know insist on Ganesh being the elder, all Northies are opposite. What is the scene in your homes? Kaun bada aur kaun chota? Forget dal vs sambhar, shahi paneer vs idli/dosa and butter chicken vs chicken 65, this question will be the point of division between the Aryans and Dravidians very soon, we need to have a consensus. 

1 minute ago, velu said:

north indian food usually mean roti + rice + dal + sabji and guess anyone can prepare ( but tatse might vary ) ..

south indian ood usually mean rice + dal + samabar ..

i had a nepali cook preparing roti and sabji for me everyday for 2/3 years ( nepali food is very basic )   :p:

Bangladeshi maid making sabzi means game over, your taste buds will desert you forever :((

Edited by Gollum

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Stradlater @velu @beetle Who's the elder brother, Karthik or Ganesh? My mom is a Southie and tells Karthik is younger, my dad is a Northie and says Ganesh is the younger one

in south , karthikeya is the youngest..  

in skandapurana and in most of the puranas , skanda is the youngest..

also in south ganesha is considered to have 2 wives ( siddi and riddi ) , but in north he is considered as bachelor :p:

Just now, velu said:

also in south ganesha is considered to have 2 wives ( siddi and riddi ) , but in north he is considered as bachelor :p:

So there can be no consensus :((

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

So there can be no consensus :((

One of the famous names of Sri Ganapaty is "Skandapurvaja" which literally means "the elder brother of Skanda or Lord Karthikeya". So, Ganapaty is the eldest son.

Skandapurvaja -- One who is born (ja) before (purva) Karthikeya (Skanda).

14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Stradlater @velu @beetle Who's the elder brother, Karthik or Ganesh? My mom is a Southie and tells Karthik is younger, my dad is a Northie and says Ganesh is the younger one. Bas isi pe aadha samay jhagadte rehte hai yeh donon...I tries to do my independent research and couldn't find anything conclusive. All the Southies (and their sources) I know insist on Ganesh being the elder, all Northies are opposite. What is the scene in your homes? Kaun bada aur kaun chota? Forget dal vs sambhar, shahi paneer vs idli/dosa and butter chicken vs chicken 65, this question will be the point of division between the Aryans and Dravidians very soon, we need to have a consensus. 

Idhar toh Ganesh ko younger batate h. 

Wasn't the whole Shiv Parvati wedding thing a plan of Devas to get Shivji married to Parvati ( a reincarnation of Mother Sati) as a ferocious Demon(I'm forgetting his name)  was given a boon of killed only by son of Shiva and since My boy Shiva after the tragic loss of Sati was all senti types, wandering around in shamshans and meditating all the time, it looked a distant possiblity that he would marry again which encouraged the Demon to launch a scathing attack on Swarga and kick the Devas' asses so brutally that they had to flee from there. After finding out about the boon they planned to use Kamdeva for samadhi bhanga of Shivji which spectaculary backfired as it lead to the opening of third eye resulting in Kamdeva getting incinerated in a matter of seconds.

After that the Devas pleaded to Shiva boy and explained him the whole situation. Shambhu got married. Karthikeya was born and he killed the demon.

This story is btw from Tulsidas' Ramcharitmanas.

14 minutes ago, velu said:

Nahin humare idhar He has the same two wives you mentioned.

7 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Idhar toh Ganesh ko younger batate h. 

Wasn't the whole Shiv Parvati wedding thing a plan of Devas to get Shivji married to Parvati ( a reincarnation of Mother Sati) as a ferocious Demon(I'm forgetting his name)  was given a boon of killed only by son of Shiva and since My boy Shiva after the tragic loss of Sati was all senti types, wandering around in shamshans and meditating all the time, it looked a distant possiblity that he would marry again which encouraged the Demon to launch a scathing attack on Swarga and kick the Devas' asses so brutally that they had to flee from there. After finding out about the boon they planned to use Kamdeva for samadhi bhanga of Shivji which spectaculary backfired as it lead to the opening of third eye resulting in Kamdeva getting incinerated in a matter of seconds.

After that the Devas pleaded to Shiva boy and explained him the whole situation. Shambhu got married. Karthikeya was born and he killed the demon.

This story is btw from Tulsidas' Ramcharitmanas.

Btw after Kamdeva got extinguished, his wife Rati visited Lord Shiva askin for his forgiveness and a way to somehow get her husband back. Shivji told her that he would be born again in the Dwapar Yuga to an avatar of Narayana and she would get to take care of him as a child.

Kamdeva was later reborn as Pradhyuman to Rukmani and Krishna and was kidnapped by an Asur who took him to his place and gave him to a lady  servant of his to take care of the child. She was the same Rati who realized it was her lost husband and the rest is history.

Ganesh gets mention earliest in Brahmananda purana ( 4th to 10 century). Karthikeya gets metioned earliest in Ramayana ( 6th Century)

Ganesh is a Elephant god with a mouse signifying agrarian wealth. Karthik is a god on a peacock that can kill snakes ( danger) to farmers. Both get linked to Shiva the primary god in Hinduism. 

Its difficult to say which one is elder. 

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Ganesh is fat and pampered by his mom. Clearly the youngest.

He was  lazier too.

While the rest of the Gods went around the world to try to win a race....he went around his parents and called them his world and won the contest based on sanskari cheekiness rather than real hard work.:p:

With his unfitness level and his rat -mobile ,he had little chance .

Full marks to out of the box thinking .:two_thumbs_up:

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Ganesh is fat and pampered by his mom. Clearly the youngest.

He also back talked with his dad while preventing his dad from going in while his mom was having a bath.

So naive and such a backtalker. Definetely the younger one.

8 minutes ago, beetle said:

He also back talked with his dad while preventing his dad from going in while his mom was having a bath.

So naive and such a backtalker. Definetely the younger one.

Yeah had a teenage rebellious phase. 

LMAO stopping daddy from seeing mom. Full marks to Ganesha :finger:

6 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Yeah had a teenage rebellious phase. 

LMAO stopping daddy from seeing mom. Full marks to Ganesha :finger:

Got  a face makeover for his efforts.:p:

He is the most recognisable God of all.

Just draw a trunk and eyes and there you have lord ganesh. These younger ones have it easy.

Poor kartekeya. Most people don't recognise him

Edited by beetle

13 minutes ago, beetle said:

Got  a face makeover for his efforts.:p:

He is the most recognisable God of all.

Just draw a trunk and eyes and there you have lord ganesh. These younger ones have it easy.

Poor kartekeya. Most people don't recognise him

Up here in North Kartikeya is probably as known as Doda Ganesh was among international cricketing circles.

To top it off his parents gave him a second class peacock as vehicle as if being so unpopular wasn't embarrassing enough that he has to ride something so cheesy which even a small time apsara wouldn't  touch with a one meter pole.

Everything till this day has been unfair to this guy. While Ganesh hogs all the limelight this nice fella is pushed in the corner with only fans left being old traditional folks like @velu 's dad :phehe:

Edited by Stradlater

5 hours ago, beetle said:

He was  lazier too.

While the rest of the Gods went around the world to try to win a race....he went around his parents and called them his world and won the contest based on sanskari cheekiness rather than real hard work.:p:

With his unfitness level and his rat -mobile ,he had little chance .

Full marks to out of the box thinking .:two_thumbs_up:

Awww i just love him for that so cute and naughty.....how he made his younger brother angry and then stand there like nothing had happened...Quite a character he is...