Immigration crackdown in US

vvvslaxman

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I agree with you .

The employers definitely exploit these students on OPT or looking to get a H1B.

Here is the problem though,these days some of the students coming in take admission in some really shady/low level colleges....some of them are from middle class or lower-middle class back grounds, they take hefty student loans to get here with the American $$$ dreams that is sold to them. Once they get here The reality  that the degrees from these colleges are literally worthless sinks in,

So from day 1 either by choice or by desperation,their goal becomes to earn money ASAP to get out of the debt.

So it is a cycle.....they are themselves to blame but at the same time that doesn't absolve the greedy employers either.

This happens mostly because of the eng degree is easily Available  in Ap and Telangana.No competition at all every one is engineer. Then you have too much supply. It’s like degree these days anyone can do it regardless of rank.

38 minutes ago, gattaca said:

@vvslaxman if you don’t know the current admin asks for your social media accounts like fb, twitter etc for green card applications. They can reject someone during interview.

Yes.. i read that in forums. Man it is scary situation for even those who are waiting for GC.  If you have 140 approval doesn't mean automatic extension anymore by the look of it. They can reject and kick you out. Main people who will be affected are those who have been here for more than 10 years waiting for their GC. They can reject their 3rd extension. Ultimate blow to their GC dream. And also their kids probably had grown up.

Even the job title Project Manager is not exactly a good title to have when you go for extension. For them it is some kind of management. According to them you don't need degree for this job so they can turn down your H1B visa extension. 

On 5/9/2018 at 4:32 AM, gattaca said:

The issue of fake resume is real but there are many reasons I specified also the culprits are the employers(every one is culprit Gujju ,   Telugu and Tamil) because of strict policies of h1b you cannot stay out of job for long. So they force employees to do that. Of course it isn’t mistake of employees as well but they do it because they are afraid of h1b cancellation. I don’t support cheats but feel bad for students who do this because they are forced by employers. Also regarding your colleague some people are just lazy we had a similar guy who got hired but used to browse news websites and not contribute at all. 

90% of the resumes I get even here in India are fakes and mostly ameerpet products, I have been offered bribe in iBM to get these guys in  ..this has nothing to do with h1b or employers .  

I dont want to target one community here , but there is no point in sugar coating  or giving n excuse  .I wudnt worry if this wasnt hurting other genuine candidates .

27 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

90% of the resumes I get even here in India are fakes and mostly ameerpet products, I have been offered bribe in iBM to get these guys in  ..this has nothing to do with h1b or employers .  

I dont want to target one community here , but there is no point in sugar coating  or giving n excuse  .I wudnt worry if this wasnt hurting other genuine candidates .

I don’t know about India my comment is specifically about US resumes and reasons for it. You don’t know about US and h1b. The broader reason is also mentioned above when I quoted maniac’s post. 

Edited by gattaca

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

Best is to ask employment letters and contact previous employer and validate Linkedin. What is this non-sense that we support any type of cheating. If the guy graduated a year ago, how in the world he has 4 years experience?

On 5/9/2018 at 8:16 PM, vvvslaxman said:

Even the job title Project Manager is not exactly a good title to have when you go for extension. For them it is some kind of management. According to them you don't need degree for this job so they can turn down your H1B visa extension. 

Is this limiting of H1B extension mostly for software jobs?  

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

yes. Mostly. Rejections are so random.

I've seen here that it's usually the computer science students who get summer internships very easily, compared to traditional core jobs like mechanical and civil. I've been applying for internships but then knowledge is not sufficient, companies seek hands on research skills too along with knowledge. Education system of US is relatively more relaxed compared to India, but getting a job here is very competitive and much harder than in India for core fields.

Edited by MechEng

On 5/4/2018 at 3:58 AM, vvvslaxman said:

They charge 500$ for one proxy interview. Hope American companies tighten their process before hiring people. Face to face interview is a must.

Totally agree, Skype interview, telephonic interviews are all useless and can be cracked by cunning resources. Having said that such cunning resources can be found out even on slightest of foul-play by experienced people. I always take face to face interviews when i recruit resources for my Business Unit. The resources can be interviewed best face to face. There is no second thought about it.

On 5/12/2018 at 7:46 AM, vvvslaxman said:

yes. Mostly. Rejections are so random.

Not so random. Most of the rejections are to do with low pay and lack of specialized education. 

Anything below 85k per annum for a developer is under further scrutiny or rejection. Also, those who didn’t take CSc during graduation are being targeted. 

11 hours ago, gattaca said:

This sulabh kumar is trying to use Indians a scapegoats for his rally. Hopefully people are smart enough to not attend his rally. He is the guy who joined hands with ITSERVE. 

You know they collect money for these things as donation . Even though they knew they can't do anything they still donate money.

One of Gun employee in my company has to return India on some sort of VISA issue. I am really surprised that a MNC like ours cant retain employees in US.

Saving grace is,  he is still being paid US salary in India, atleast for now.

Edited by mishra