So much talent and yet disgusting to see hasbeens

maniac

29 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats what i said, as long as he is contributing and most importantly not becoming a liability . IF a youngster is good enough he ll make his way ......

Yeah! He will come to the stadium, snatch the bat from Dhoni and play. :nice: Dhoni is kachcha limbu. Isn't counted in playing eleven.

13 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Yeah! He will come to the stadium, snatch the bat from Dhoni and play. :nice: Dhoni is kachcha limbu. Isn't counted in playing eleven.

no need to snatch bat make runs n book a place

eg - 2013 ct - karthik made runs in warmup earned hi place played in 11 despite dhoni.  

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz they are the core team, u cnt change the core 1 yr before the wc

Not talking about just before World Cup ...  but the general principle involved while choosing superstars.

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

and rightly so, no player remains same his whole life. Dip in ability in old age is compensated by experience. As long as that player doesnt become liability and is contributing their is no harm

No one expects a player to remain the same his whole life. 

Ideally speaking, while choosing teams, one should choose the BEST 6 batsmen, BEST 4 bowlers and BEST keeper or whatever the desired combination is.

The question is not whether a player is contributing or has become a liability  ...  the question is whether he still qualifies as the BEST 6 batsmen etc.  for that series or a couple of series.

5 hours ago, Bilal78 said:

No, you took it the wrong way, it’s just that a lot of your players are talented whilst they are not getting any chances, Rahul is better than every Pakistan ODI Batsman already apart from Babar and Fakhar however he isn’t even playing in ODIs, our talented players are playing for Pakistan, as a fan you would rather loose matches with youngsters than carrying the same old, same old names like (Rahane In ODIs) and Rayudu who is good but maybe Sanju Samson or Pant could have been tried out, instead of Kaul Shivam Mavi could have been taken all I am saying is your selectors need to back youth more.

By the Way the Test against Ireland must have been fun as it was exciting, no test victory should be taken for granted.

Yup you are right here,off late selectors have been too conservative with their approach,There was time when raw talent was given a run in the team eg Kohli,Ishant,Jadeja ,Raina, etc but for last few years it has all become a predicted process one can assume beforehand who will make it and who will not,but Pakistan is somehow doing right thing by giving exposure to their younger players right at the start,I know it can be debated but I feel there are some players who are more than ready to don the blue jersey but cant make it unfortunately

On 5/24/2018 at 1:29 AM, Bilal78 said:

No, you took it the wrong way, it’s just that a lot of your players are talented whilst they are not getting any chances, Rahul is better than every Pakistan ODI Batsman already apart from Babar and Fakhar however he isn’t even playing in ODIs, our talented players are playing for Pakistan, as a fan you would rather loose matches with youngsters than carrying the same old, same old names like (Rahane In ODIs) and Rayudu who is good but maybe Sanju Samson or Pant could have been tried out, instead of Kaul Shivam Mavi could have been taken all I am saying is your selectors need to back youth more.

By the Way the Test against Ireland must have been fun as it was exciting, no test victory should be taken for granted.

Rahane has been dropped from ODIs and Rahul and Rayudu are there, also Rohit is dropped from Tests. I hope Pant gets selected soon, if not as a keeper then just a batsman who can hit from ball one, like Dhoni from 2004-06.