Has there been a player more cringy than Hardik Pandya?

53 minutes ago, Khota said:

Do you really think he belongs?

In an international T20/ODI side?

Yes.

His role is #5 bowler and #7 batsman. And he does a fair job of it.

He would get into all international T20/ODI sides except probably England because they already have similar players like Stokes and Woakes.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

He had a decent run.

You gave stats of one game to prove your point. I gave stats of 13 games to prove my point. IPL stats which you swear by.

He is not an allrounder.

Got wickets. Scored runs. That makes him an all-rounder. 

In 50 yeras India had one only so quit wasting time and giving him free games.

He is not a free loader. Contributes in almost every game in at least 2 disciplines of batting, bowling and fielding.

Edited by philcric
5 minutes ago, philcric said:

You gave stats of one game to prove your point. I gave stats of 13 games to prove my point. IPL stats which you swear by.

Got wickets. Scored runs. That makes him an all-rounder. 

He is not a free loader. Contributes in almost every game in at last 2 disciplines of batting, bowling and fielding.

ur wasting ur time. This guy/gal/bot created a rigid new definition of all rounder to claim enlightenment and preaches to the world about their non existence. Puri duniya gadhi hai, ek wo hi cricket expert reh gaya hai. Then there's newer theories to justify this claim about all rounders: pre-IPL cricket era was full of amateurs and hence their all rounder abilities don't count or are simply anomalies :giggle:

4 hours ago, philcric said:

In an international T20/ODI side?

Yes.

His role is #5 bowler and #7 batsman. And he does a fair job of it.

He would get into all international T20/ODI sides except probably England because they already have similar players like Stokes and Woakes.

If he is the 5th bawler and 7th batsman you do admit he is the worst bowler and the worst batsman? Did I miss something.

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

If he is the 5th bawler and 7th batsman you do admit he is the worst bowler and the worst batsman? Did I miss something.

Yes. Plenty.

Ever heard of a concept called team balance ? The same player being 5th bowler AND 7th batter is good value, gives the team a balance. If you replace that player with a batsman/bowler, it will weaken bowling/batting.

This is another example of you going tangential. From Pandya can't bowl based on scorecard of one match to ... but does he really belong (when ipl 2018 season stats shows he bowled and batted well across 13 games) to ... oh he is the 'worst' because he is the 5th bowler and the 7th batter in the team.

27 minutes ago, philcric said:

Yes. Plenty.

Ever heard of a concept called team balance ? The same player being 5th bowler AND 7th batter is good value, gives the team a balance. If you replace that player with a batsman/bowler, it will weaken bowling/batting.

This is another example of you going tangential. From Pandya can't bowl based on scorecard of one match to ... but does he really belong (when ipl 2018 season stats shows he bowled and batted well across 13 games) to ... oh he is the 'worst' because he is the 5th bowler and the 7th batter in the team.

This reminds me of the thread I created back in 2016 about Pandya's potential.  Could use a bump.