Bhuvneshwar Kumar to return to India to recuperate from lower-back issue

saik

15 hours ago, speedheat said:

For first two Odis kaul was preferred over thakur.and all of a sudden thakur is in the test squad now, umesh yadav was dropped from the wicket where he would have done well, bhuvi was rushed despite being unfit, all this shows how badly these dorks kohli n shastri have messed up our pace bowling.

two wrong decisions- PLAYING an UNFIT BHUVI...bhuvi did not bowl one over at 135K so playing bhuvi was a CRAZY decision

Dropping KL rahul and playing Kartik ahead of RAHUL...Kartik should have played ahead of DHONI

shardul is kinda better than SID Kaul as SId is a total defensive bowler.

10 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

India will be given grassy pitches and that's the only opportunity for england to beat india otherwise Ashwin and Kuldeep will fry english batsman in a Hot Spicy Pan and eat them up in 40 overs every innings ..if the Pitch offers little assistance to SPIN , ashwin and Kuldeep will make it a one sided competition....and english batsman know this well.

Still they cannot handle kuldeep and chahal , they were lucky that kuldeep could not break through though he did create chances.

But in Tests ..england has no chance but to get green conditions.

But with Kohli you never know. He will play Ashwin and Jadeja or if only one spinner then Ashwin. Kuldeep is out of favour of Kohli and is always second or third choice.

9 hours ago, Clarke said:

ii) What was known before/during the IPL ? He seems to have carried on through the tournament with no eye towards international cricket. Is this out of ignorance about fitness issues or was it a personal call ? Worst case, was it tacitly allowed at the highest levels since IPL is the money maker ?

Yes ... a valid point.  

The current hue and cry about playing an injured Bhuvi is a valid one.

But there was no such similar reaction when Bhuvi played the later stages of the IPL despite carrying the same injury.

On 7/19/2018 at 3:33 PM, Clarke said:

Two things that i reckon matter here:

i) How much was known about his fitness/injury and how frequently was this assessed ? This applies to all players in pro sports. What is the current mechanism to identify and address player fitness for team India ?

ii) What was known before/during the IPL ? He seems to have carried on through the tournament with no eye towards international cricket. Is this out of ignorance about fitness issues or was it a personal call ? Worst case, was it tacitly allowed at the highest levels since IPL is the money maker ?

I suspect the same. One of the reasons why I don't want our main players playing IPL right before an important away tour or the World Cup next year.