Here is The pitch for the 1st test at Edgbaston, Now get down to choosing ur XI

Just now, Switchblade said:

Our bowlers last time in 2011 had a go at them it ended very badly better to bat first.

This time our openers don't give much confidence. Pujara has been found out. Vijay on his last leg.  Dhawan in test is iffy.

Kohli ka kuch pata nahi. I hope this guy does well this time. We need the captain to lead from the front.

I have more faith in Umesh and Ishant than the openers .:p:

Just now, beetle said:

This time our openers don't give much confidence. Pujara has been found out. Vijay on his last leg.  Dhawan in test is iffy.

Kohli ka kuch pata nahi. I hope this guy does well this time. We need the captain to lead from the front.

I have more faith in Umesh and Ishant than the openers .:p:

Bhuvi will be missed badly wish he had opted out of IPL his injury has caused India a lot of damage :((.

1 hour ago, beetle said:

I just hope we don't bat first .

Don't want to see the series begin with a batting colapse.

Rather see our bowlers have a go at them first.

Bat first could also work well..score scrap till day 2 first session 250 day 2 is going to be most cloudy..real chance with England wobbling early..shunt them out of under 300..bat day 3 4 and get 280 lead..get them out in a spinning wicket day 4 last session and 5 3 ssessions.

17 hours ago, Vilander said:

No wonder we won 2007 in England - had the perfect batting lineup for England. 

Taking nothing away from 2007 Indian team but the bowling they faced was pedestrian. Flintoff was ruled out because of injury and Hoggard/Harmison didn't play a single match. All the 3 tests we were up against Sidebottom (mediocre), Anderson (rookie with bowling average 37+ back then), Tremlett (debut series), Collingwood (bowling AR) and young Monty Panesar. But even then we had to depend on rain and Bucknor to draw the 1st test. That victory is a cherished memory but in hindsight that was the softest England we have faced in this millennium. 

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Taking nothing away from 2007 Indian team but the bowling they faced was pedestrian. Flintoff was ruled out because of injury and Hoggard/Harmison didn't play a single match. All the 3 tests we were up against Sidebottom (mediocre), Anderson (rookie with bowling average 37+ back then), Tremlett (debut series), Collingwood (bowling AR) and young Monty Panesar. But even then we had to depend on rain and Bucknor to draw the 1st test. That victory is a cherished memory but in hindsight that was the softest England we have faced in this millennium. 

Puts into perspective how amazing Dravid must have been to score 3 centuries against probably the greatest allround English attack EVER.

Peak Anderson, Broad, Bresnan, Tremlett & Swann

18 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Puts into perspective how amazing Dravid must have been to score 3 centuries against probably the greatest allround English attack EVER.

Peak Anderson, Broad, Bresnan, Tremlett & Swann

And he would have scored more if not for some umpiring howlers and his selfish team mates who forced him to open the batting after carrying the bat (final test IIRC).....not to forget our bowlers pooped their pants collectively meaning our batters were under the pump every damn innings. Dravid along with Graeme Smith is the joint greatest visiting batsman to England since I started following the game. People may harp on about Sachin's numbers in England but majority of them have been soft runs.....anyone who follows cricket will agree that Dravid is a league above Sachin in England irrespective of numbers (and Dravid has better numbers if you cast aside longevity records). In fact Sachin's greatest contribution in England came when he was a 17 year old kid..... Even other modern ATGs like Lara, Ponting, Kallis, Sanga, ABDV, Steve Smith have come nowhere close to emulating 'The Wall' and 'Biff' over there.

Edited by Gollum