Commentary gems tracking thread

15 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Looks like Bhajji has even convinced his fellow commentators that the carrom ball is a leg spinner's flipper. How on earth is this correct? A flipper skids through tricking a batsman into thinking a ball is short of length, the purpose of a carrom ball is to go in the opposite direction of an off break. Jesus. 

Edited by WeStMiDz
16 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

Looks like Bhajji has even convinced his fellow commentators that the carrom ball is a leg spinner's flipper. How on earth is this correct? A flipper skids through tricking a batsman into thinking a ball is short of length, the purpose of a carrom ball is to go in the opposite direction of an off break. Jesus. 

Unfortunately the video is not working here in India other wise in total we have 15 minutes of gem waiting for us :((.

1 hour ago, Switchblade said:

nope unless someone puts it on youtube, n sooner or later someone wud

22 hours ago, Switchblade said:

cant upload on youtube unfortunately. 

Harbhajan Singh explains Ravichandan Ashwin's carrom ball

https://streamable.com/d1j96 

How do you play spin :)

https://streamable.com/hcnec

https://streamable.com/8lzki

50 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Laugh riot :hysterical:

I have the full match . Can get the video if i am provided the time when it happened, :}

If you could explain me the seam pojeshun @sscomp32 you know :giggle:.In these condition you know I would love to see him in Australia you know :giggle:.I still can’t believe him sitting quietly and explaining to Gower I am feeling nervous that was hilarious.

58 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Laugh riot :hysterical:

I have the full match . Can get the video if i am provided the time when it happened, :}

Bhajji Well Ashwin o what a ball just a hint of a spin  it was swowing and Ashwin for me has been a pick of a bowler for me controlling the middle in the middle :rofl:.Lloyd’s expression while Bhajji was explaining everything  :hysterical:.

Bhajji : Well Ashwin o what a ball just a hint of a spin  it was swowing and Ashwin for me has been a pick of a bowler for me controlling the middle in the middle :rofl:.Lloyd’s expression while Bhajji was explaining everything  :hysterical:.

It’s obvious he’s struggling in English language...
Not sure it was brave or stupid of him to accept the assignment.

I’m not sure if he had any previous experience of commentating in English. How SKY zeroed on him?
7 minutes ago, asterix said:

It’s obvious he’s struggling in English language...
Not sure it was brave or stupid of him to accept the assignment.

I’m not sure if he had any previous experience of commentating in English. How SKY zeroed on him?

Nothing wrong in not being able to speak in English. It is not his first language. His English is not that much more worse than Wasim or Waqar. In fact I would say marginally better.However,I haven't seen any glimpse of any cricketing acumen or analysis from him.

I was hoping Bhajji would call it like it is but  his answers are the same diplomatic bs in the tone of any other commies we have like Manju,L.Siva,Sunny etc etc. What makes it worse is he can't even articulate that diplomatic bs properly which the other names I have mentioned have perfected.

In fact Sanga's fake accent is the most annoying thing ever. However,he has slowly won a lot of us over as I think he is a wonderful analyst and shows great understanding of the game.