Should groom Siraj and Saini for Australian series

Just now, rkt.india said:

you are showing his 1st or 2nd T20 game for India where he bowled a lot of slower balls and was bowling slower intentionally and overlooking what he has done in last 3-4 months on A tour.  You are now mixing formats. Siraj should not be in our T20 team, but is ideal for tests and can try even in ODIs. He is taking wickets everywhere against every opponent WI A, England Lions, and now SA A.  He is shattering the door to Indian teams.  Sometime back even I was not really enthusiastic about his chances after his T20I debut against SL and NZ, but seeing him in IPL, the way he improved after every game and at the pace he bowled, some really good stuff despite playing in Chinnaswamy and now with A team.  I had rated him behind Saini and Rajpoot but his performances has shattered all that notion.  He is now ahead in my book.  He now has 23 wickets at an average of 14 in 3 matches he has played for India A.

3 T20s not just one, but yeah the slower balls will bring the speeds down.

Yeah so why not try him in England, then WI before the toughest tour of them all? At least we'll know if he can last the rigors of test cricket over 5 days, FC vs tests is still a massive notch up, no matter where you play.

1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

t20 is a diff format, may be he is not suited for it

Yeah so why not try him in England, then WI before the toughest tour of them all? At least we'll know if he can last the rigors of test cricket over 5 days, FC vs tests is still a massive notch up, no matter where you play.

i think everyone wants that here but if that doesnt happen he shud definately go to australia

No point sticking with umesh, ishant- they were n will be avg .........will learn nothing new about them . Atleast one can be replaced among them

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

his fitness is also another issue.

Apart from his 2 clear cut injury-induced breaks ( which most pacers have )  Shami ... has played almost all test matches.

And has had high pace and bounce and lots of wickets in almost all tests from 2016.

Rktbhai ... you cannot have all new pacers in the team. An experienced high quality quick like Shami is needed too. Having a good mix is important.

My choice would be Bumrah, Shami and Siraj in the first test 11 in Australia ... if current form persists.

6 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

i am all for him to be picked for last two tests.

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

t20 is a diff format, may be he is not suited for it

i think everyone wants that here but if that doesnt happen he shud definately go to australia

No point sticking with umesh, ishant- they were n will be avg .........will learn nothing new about them . Atleast one can be replaced among them

That depends on who you think the other 2 pacers will be, assuming Pandya is still the A/R that'll play in Aus. If Kumar and Bumrah play as the 2 main pacers then our bowling is really thin and inexperienced, again assuming Pandya is a certainty.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Apart from his 2 clear cut injury-induced breaks ( which most pacers have )  Shami ... has played almost all test matches.

And has had high pace and bounce and lots of wickets in almost all tests from 2016.

Rktbhai ... you cannot have all new pacers in the team. An experienced high quality quick like Shami is needed too. Having a good mix is important.

My choice would be Bumrah, Shami and Siraj in the first test 11 in Australia ... if current form persists.

i am not talking about injuries.  i am talking about his lack of stamina and not able to sustain the intensity.  He has 3-4 months to work on that. They should not include him in WI series and let him work in NCA on his fitness.  A fast bowler not able to clear Yo Yo test of 16.1 qualification is a serious worry. Nehra got 18 plus.  it tells you have how bad his fitness has been.

That depends on who you think the other 2 pacers will be, assuming Pandya is still the A/R that'll play in Aus. If Kumar and Bumrah play as the 2 main pacers then our bowling is really thin and inexperienced, again assuming Pandya is a certainty.

Dont think Kumar will be a certainty in Aus.  Ishant will for sure play.  I will play Bumrah, Ishant/Shami, Siraj/Rajpoot depending on the form at that time. 

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

ill take Kumar, bumrah , shami + saini + siraj ( also someone can get injured by then, high chances injuries ) 

Enough of ishant n umesh ....

Experinced bowlers ne kya ukaad liya.......

30 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Hitting 145kph isn't enough when your avg speeds will be 130kph or less over the course of a day.

You have IPL or FC stats, here are real intl matches.

https://imgur.com/a/F87sYmm

I said it once before it was wrong to give debut in t20 to a fast bowler whose best performances were in first class. Siraj never meant to be a t20 bowlers or even if he is it's not now. He should have been tried in longer format first and as long as speed is concerned  you do know bowlers try to vary their pace in t20. Especially in India where the  faster you bowl the faster it will go to boundary.

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ill take Kumar, bumrah , shami + saini + siraj ( also someone can get injured by then, high chances injuries ) 

Enough of ishant n umesh ....

Experinced bowlers ne kya ukaad liya.......

Bina experience ke ya kya ukhad lenge, MM ke dusre avatar hai kya? Without trying them in tests you're already giving them more points than players you have a track record? At least these guys have done well in India, against NZ, Eng, Aus or SA. You think these rookies will blow Aus away if the pitches are really flat, like usual?

Just now, raki05 said:

I said it once before it was wrong to give debut in t20 to a fast bowler whose best performances were in first class. Siraj never meant to be a t20 bowlers or even if he is it's not now. He should have been tried in longer format first and as long as speed is concerned  you do know bowlers try to vary their pace in t20. Especially in India where the  faster you bowl the faster it will go to boundary.

Yeah but without other intl games we have 0⃣   history regarding his speeds, over potentially 5 days in the sweltering heat of Aus. But really speed isn't the biggest concern - it's control and swing, if he cannot swing or control it consistently then he'll need pace.

Edited by R!TTER
11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i am not talking about injuries.  i am talking about his lack of stamina and not able to sustain the intensity.  He has 3-4 months to work on that. They should not include him in WI series and let him work in NCA on his fitness.  A fast bowler not able to clear Yo Yo test of 16.1 qualification is a serious worry. Nehra got 18 plus.  it tells you have how bad his fitness has been.

He plays only 1 format ... so he needs to play all the tests now.  One of the best ways to stay match fit is to bowl 18 to 20 overs a day.

He should train at the NCA during the LOI series and off-time.

2 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Do you not read, like the other guy? Consistently doesn't mean every delivery. Pretty sure the guys above will not have avg speeds of even 135kph if they bowl 20 odd overs a day in Aus, unlike England Aus summers are hot!

Anyone would misunderstand ,not just me..make sure your choice of words deliver the same message as you intend to..

16 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Bina experience ke ya kya ukhad lenge, MM ke dusre avatar hai kya? Without trying them in tests you're already giving them more points than players you have a track record? At least these guys have done well in India, against NZ, Eng, Aus or SA. You think these rookies will blow Aus away if the pitches are really flat, like usual?

Ukhad toh experience wale bhi nahi paate hain but sometimes being a rookie can be an advantage,its not that they will bowl very badly....even if they do they wont bowl as bad as Umesh ,time is ripe enough to play these youngsters...Maybe they can first be given a go against the visiting WI

24 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Bang on

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

bht kuch , going by the history most indian fast bowlers do well when they come in new

Ishant has gone on 3 tours n umesh 2 on aus tours , n we knw what we ll get from them......Siraj might offer better n unless we try hwo wud we knw

Ishant n umesh are avg bowler, who sucked when they were getting no help in 1st innings 

They did well on so inconsistent basis . ........

get the meaning of word rookie right, siraj n saini arent rookie n most indian bowlers do well at start only take most examples

N who says m sending an inexp squad- bhuvi, bumrah m shami are their for exp

N ur overestimating that aussie side