Perfect test pace quartet of all time?

5 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Yeah Brian Close and John Edrich facing Michael Holding , that was very very brutal , Close was a very brave cricketer, batting and fielding at very close short leg , probably to brave for his own good. He was Botham's mentor 

Those injuries were inflicted in a county game and not from Michael Holding spell. Fire in Babylon is not reliable.

2 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

They are from Old Trafford  test 1976 

5 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Those injuries were inflicted in a county game and not from Michael Holding spell. Fire in Babylon is not reliable.

I apologise that particular photo is not old Trafford and not a county game but after facing West Indies in 1963 

6 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

I apologise that particular photo is not old Trafford and not a county game but after facing West Indies in 1963 

Yes, Brian Close might be a tough guy but he certainly should have learnt to duck the ball :cantstop:.

Edited by MechEng
4 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

I would agree with you that those 4 were the most fearsome Quartet that cricket has seen but they didn't play together as much as people think .

During the period 1977 ( when Croft and Garner joined ) to say 1983 various other quicks played as well.

Marshall ( debut 1978)

Sylvester Clarke 78

Wayne Daniel 76

Norbert Philip 78

Vanburn Holder ( finished 79) 

Indeed they didn't play much together because their debuts were not in same year. Secondly, the Kerry Packer series was round about the same time. That had an impact as well.