Masterclass for Fat Ashwin, by Moeen Bhai...

asterix

Just now, Sachinism said:

Huge difference. Especially in the control. Shocking to see Ashwin unable to land it in the massive patch.

Now being slapped around by Jennings

Ditto. he cannot land and beat the batsman with flight and length like Moeen did.  Ashwin depends too much on turn from the pitch not his guile.  This pitch still not offering much turn from the stumps.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i am watching the game and dont need commentators.  There is a stark difference in how Moeen bowled yesterday and how Ashwin has bowled till now.

Others can watch the game too. I am saying he bowled well in spell 1.

Spell 2 has been up and down. Has to get it right or will be taken out of the attack.

Actually Ashwin bowled exactly like Moeen did in the first spell. Almost all the deliveries outside off to lefties barring a few straighter ones for lbw.

The problem with Ashwin is he just cant put a spree of deliveries at one spot and it becomes very difficult to make plan and set the field according to that.  He does not keep things simple. One more thing, i never see him using the crease well.  he can easily go wider against right handers to land the ball in the rough and when he tries to land the ball in the rough, he either bowls half vollyes and half trackers because he does not go wide of the crease, dont use the angle.  I dont understand why he has not worked on that. You cant be consistently successful in SENA if you dont use that rough.

Just now, rkt.india said:

The problem with Ashwin is he just cant put a spree of deliveries at one spot and it becomes very difficult to make plan and set the field according to that.  He does not keep things simple. One more thing, i never see him using the crease well.  he can easily go wider against right handers to land the ball in the rough and when he tries to land the ball in the rough, he either bowls half vollyes and half trackers because he does not go wide of the crease, dont use the angle.  I dont understand why he has not worked on that. You cant be consistently successful in SENA if you dont use that rough.

How can you say that about one of India’s greatest test cricketer who has maximum man of the series and has a winning mentality :hmmm:a genius somewhere won’t be happy with you reading this :giggle:.After the first test though Ashwin has looked ordinary.

2 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

How can you say that about one of India’s greatest test cricketer who has maximum man of the series and has a winning mentality :hmmm:a genius somewhere won’t be happy with you reading this :giggle:.After the first test though Ashwin has looked ordinary.

in the first test, ball turned from the stumps. Didnt need to use the rough there.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

talking and executing are two different things.  He may be intelligent but until you can execute your ideas they are useless. You need practice get better with execution.

If he was genuinely intelligent, it would show in his batting, bowling. 

Of course he is intelligent in the conventional sense but its just that he doesn't hav the brains to realize the concept of simplicity.

What's the point in calling him intelligent when he chooses not to see stuff the whole world sees?