Asia Cup: Playing 11 vs Pak

zen

7 hours ago, mishra said:

Well, There is more than just pace to his bowling. What I saw today,  He has ability to bowl different line, length, angle and from either side of stumps. He looked completely ready for Internationals. Someone should take him under his wings and train the skill like how to control seam and swing and also how to avoid injury.

We must improve him. This boy is complete package

That post was in reply to a question ... what pace Khaleel bowls at.

6 hours ago, mishra said:

His current pace and ability is just good enough to make it to playing 11.Too early to make call, but still, I will pick khaleel with a pace of 140k+ ahead of any other Indian bowler apart from Bhumrah.

It will be a failure on part of Team management if we screw the arms of this boy.

We should always try to include pacers who combine pace and bounce with skills.  That seems like an obvious course of action ( if such pacers are available )  but does not always happen.  

Support for known names, support for players playing for stronger IPL franchises from various sides,  confusing formats and choosing IPL performers in ODIs etc. keep messing up choice of pacers.

Pacers like Khaleel, Saini, Rajpoot and Prasidh should be picked in ODIs ahead of Kaul, Thakur, Umesh etc.  But we keep seeing these known names again and again.

Similarly, in test matches, Siraj, Saini and Rajpoot combine pace and bounce with skills but Shardul still getting picked ahead of them.

It is good to see Khaleel getting selected atleast ... he combines pace and bounce with a lot of skills and seems to have a good temperament ...  but will he be backed or thrown away if he fails a couple of times  ?  He needs to be backed to the hilt ...  Bumrah and Khaleel bowling in ODIs, will be a very dangerous pace attack for us.

From what i think playing XI shuould be ,

1) Rohit

2) Dhawan

3) Rahul(WK)

4)Rayudu

5)Pandey

6)jadhav(6th BW)

7)Pandya(5th bw)

8)B.kumar(4th bw/can bat for 10-15 runs)

9)kuldeep(3rd bw)

10)khaleel(2n bw)

11)bumrah(1st bw)

Above XI atleast has some batting depth but we all knoe theyll replace someone with dhoni putting playing XI in complete shambles

Screw this managment

From what i think playing XI shuould be ,
1) Rohit
2) Dhawan
3) Rahul(WK)
4)Rayudu
5)Pandey
6)jadhav(6th BW)
7)Pandya(5th bw)
8)B.kumar(4th bw/can bat for 10-15 runs)
9)kuldeep(3rd bw)
10)khaleel(2n bw)
11)bumrah(1st bw)

Above XI atleast has some batting depth but we all knoe theyll replace someone with dhoni putting playing XI in complete shambles

Screw this managment
Yeah but the issue is....we would still lose :cantstop:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Yeah but the issue is....we would still lose :cantstop:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Come on now , trust your team ,yeh they screw up big time vs noobies but i m confident they ll pull off vs pak but if grandpa dhoni is in then we ll be a bowler down or a batsman down which really is a problem and i dont think why they wont put him in He is 100% in