Indian classical music

Straight Drive

I was introduced to Dhrupad style about 15 years ago. I liked that as well. Gundecha and Dagar brothers. Awesome. Here is my favorite list.

Classical: Hindustani, I would enjoy Karnataki as well but dont listen much.

Khyal/Bandish : Kumar Gandharv, Bade Gulam Ali, Bhemsen, Rashid Khan, Jasraj

Sufi NFAK, Begum Noorjahan.

Contemporary: Malini Rajurkar, Kishori Amonkar, Shankar Mahdevan, Mahesh Kale, Rahul Deshpande

Dhrupad: Gundecha and Dagar 

Instrumental: Hari Prasad ji, Ravi Shankar, Shiv Kumar Sharma, Bismilah Khan

Fav Ragas: Jog, Todi, Darbar, Bhairavi, Ahir Bhairav some from Bhairavi and Marva thaat, etc. List is so long Puriya Dhanashri. Some of the Ragas I love have similar Raga in Karnataki as well. Muah..muah...

Fav Rhythmic instruments: Pakhwaj, Mrudang and Tabla

Edited by dial_100

Bandish Bandits is a decent show based on Hindustani classical music gharana. They have also tried some story into modern music industry as well. Naseeruddin Shah despite his policies , is a great actor with a decent supporting cast. But , the music is kind of watered down version of Hindustani music will disappoint hardcore fans, but might impress who are into light semi-classical. Shankar Mahdevan, Javed Ali , Aloke Chakraborty,  and a host of very good classical singers. Give it a shot, @Straight Drive and others into music

On Amazon Prime

Edited by coffee_rules

On 8/24/2020 at 6:30 AM, coffee_rules said:

Bandish Bandits is a decent show based on Hindustani classical music gharana. They have also tried some story into modern music industry as well. Naseeruddin Shah despite his policies , is a great actor with a decent supporting cast. But , the music is kind of watered down version of Hindustani music will disappoint hardcore fans, but might impress who are into light semi-classical. Shankar Mahdevan, Javed Ali , Aloke Chakraborty,  and a host of very good classical singers. Give it a shot, @Straight Drive and others into music

On Amazon Prime

I guess it will need an Amazon prime subscription...which I have not yet availed.

Usually I watch the classical music shows on DD.