Bhuvi in ODIs

zen

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Don't be like apna Pollock bhai and come after me with pitchforks without reading the entire post but the problem is let us say if we replace Bhuvi with Siraj/Saini or even Shami/Umesh, that would mean our already long tail in ODI will be even longer.

Not that Bhuvi is some bradman with the bat but we seriously have lower order depth and that might be what is saving him

If we have to bank on #8 to bail us out with the bat, we are in trouble even before we start :lol:

We are dependent up on out top 4 firing, and the next 3 supporting them with power hitting. The 4 bowlers do their job with the ball to restrict the opposition below what the top 7+bowlers as a group can get/set

Just now, zen said:

If we have to bank on #8 to bail us out with the bat, we are in trouble even before we start :lol:

We are dependent up on out top 4 firing, and the next 3 supporting them with power hitting. The 4 bowlers do their job with the ball to restrict the opposition below what the top 7+bowlers as a group can get/set

I am not saying that is the reason to give him a free ride but I am saying our lower order 5-6 onwards looks super-weak if we are 4 or 5 down in the slog overs. That might be the reason for management to play him. I am not justifying it,just understanding why he may have a case over others so far. I think Shami is a better ODI bowler than Bhuvi

Like always did well against Pakistan barring one or two games but should not be a certain starter would like to see Khaleel in place of him against Bangladesh and Afghanistan.

Rahane and Bhuvi though need to work on their body language they look so scared out there in the middle yesterday Kuldeep was abusing him after Malik’s drop catch or misjudgment and the camera panned towards Bhuvi after an over or two and it looked as if he was about to cry after being abused by a 20 year old Kuldeep.

7 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Like always did well against Pakistan barring one or two games but should not be a certain starter would like to see Khaleel in place of him against Bangladesh and Afghanistan.

Rahane and Bhuvi though need to work on their body language they look so scared out there in the middle yesterday Kuldeep was abusing him after Malik’s drop catch or misjudgment and the camera panned towards Bhuvi after an over or two and it looked as if he was about to cry after being abused by a 20 year old Kuldeep.

Video...:p::p:

Gujjar boy can't cry.

Bhuvi Shami Sharma Umesh Khaleel  Bhumrah. They all have a role to play. We should call ourselves lucky to have such a battery of pacers and support each of them whenever they play.

I used to carry bias against Sharma, But now I realise, when we have so many matches being played, we should have a luxury of battery to pick and choose, so that our players get enough rest for their back.

I am allready feeling sorry for Pandya.

4 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Bhuvi and Rahane are in the same boat .... I.e. People are not fooled by their occasional good performances .... they have to deliver consistently 

I would want to start with Khaleel and Bumrah, however considering Bumrah’s work load, may be just play him in imp games in the Asia Cup