KL Rahul's 50-overs conundrum

3 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

2 odi's that it 

srsly that it 

in 2 games u hve decided a player is not good enough to play in that condition 

didnt u seee him getting out to dhananjaya in SL, a mystery spinner...u do remeber what happened last time when a mystery spinner called mendis bowled against legends. it takes time to pick them, the likes of dravid, laxman , sachin , ganguly took a whole test series and failed

but srsly 2 games :hysterical:

since u hve given me a few xample now ill give u a few

a player like this deserves more then 20 chances not 2

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

2 odi's that it 

srsly that it 

in 2 games u hve decided a player is not good enough to play in that condition 

didnt u seee him getting out to dhananjaya in SL, a mystery spinner...u do remeber what happened last time when a mystery spinner called mendis bowled against legends. it takes time to pick them, the likes of dravid, laxman , sachin , ganguly took a whole test series and failed

but srsly 2 games :hysterical:

since u hve given me a few xample now ill give u a few

a player like this deserves more then 20 chances not 2

Well you also declared him a No 4 based on 1 game, i did better than you. 

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

2  matches spread over 10 months  mean very little.

Every good player needs an unbroken run of around 5 to 10 tests  or around 10  to 15  ODIs  (  depending on the conditions he faced )    if the Team management is serious about allowing him to settle down.

This constant chopping and changing of No.4 batters is making every player being tried at 4 very insecure.

Be it Rahul or Iyer or Pandey or Karthick.

Not the way forward for a good team.

Edited by express bowling
Just now, express bowling said:

4  matches spread over 10 months  mean very little.

Every good players needs an unbroken run of around 5 to 8  tests  or around 10  to 15  ODIs  (  depending on the conditions he faced )    if the Team management is serious about allowing him to settle down.

This constant chopping and changing of No.4 batters is making every player being tried at 4 very insecure.

Be it Rahul or Iyer or Pandey or Karthick.

Not the way forward for a good team.

Finally someone i agree with.

We need 4 and 5. Now identify set of batsman and give them a run at that spot. It doesnt matter who it is but lets not go around declaring Rahul as someone we cant live without. Sure maybe one day he will be that player but right now he isnt. 

6 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Well you also declared him a No 4 based on 1 game, i did better than you. 

thats not 1 game it was a 100 at no.4 in t20 which is damn diff 

also he made runs for RCB to at no.4 

apart from the he has all the required skills

He destroyes spinners ( which rahane n manish cnt)

he plays fast bowling really well ( which rayudu cnt)

he rotates strikes really well ( which rahane cnt)

He has that extra gear then even virat kohli

Most of all he is the most talented batsman in India ppost kohli n rohit

Bhaisahab player 1 raat men nhin bante,

yuvraj was the most inconsistent batsman for 5 yrs

Rohit sharma took god knws how many yrs

Player banane padte hai chance deke, n u give chances to most talented n skilled player 

57 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Dont know why KL rahul has become such a touchy issue on this forum. Reminds me to Pakistani love for afridi. Why should we move openers or kohli to fit him ? He has to bat at 4, sad part is he isnt a no 4 hence not in playing xi. 

You have conveniently forgotten how hack sharma after being a proven failure in the middle order was moved to opening spot. What was this necessity to make a opening bat out of a failed middle order bat? 

3 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Finally someone i agree with.

We need 4 and 5. Now identify set of batsman and give them a run at that spot. It doesnt matter who it is but lets not go around declaring Rahul as someone we cant live without. Sure maybe one day he will be that player but right now he isnt. 

But Rahul should have been tried first at No.4 ...  because he has the ability to play big innings at a high SR while playing strokes all around the wicket ... and completely flatten the opposition on his day.

Should have been given 12  to 15 ODIs on the trot at No.4 starting SL 2017.

If he had failed ...  then Iyer should have been tried for a similar length of time.

Then try Pandey if Iyer had failed.

With 50+ ODIs left for WC19 during our SL 2017 tour ... it could have been done.

Now, with only 20 odd ODIs left before the WC, things have become very complicated and we don't have a settled No.4.

18 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

apart from the he has all the required skills

He destroyes spinners ( which rahane n manish cnt)

he plays fast bowling really well ( which rayudu cnt)

he rotates strikes really well ( which rahane cnt)

He has that extra gear then even virat kohli

I don't know how the team management is able to ignore these points.

It is not every day that you find a batsman who can hit both genuine fast bowlers and spinners and can rotate the strike as well, while having the ability to play big knocks.

Edited by express bowling
13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

But Rahul should have been tried first at No.4 ...  because he has the ability to play big innings at a high SR while playing strokes all around the wicket ... and completely flatten the opposition on his day.

If he had failed ...  then Iyer should have been tried for a similar length of time.

With 50+ ODIs left for WC19 during our SL 2017 tour ... it could have been done.

Now, with only 20 odd ODIs left before the WC, things have become very complicated and we don't have a settled No.4.

I am sure there is some stat on x player has to be played at some position n times before his fate at that spot can be decided. I think we did start with the same then Rahul i think got injured, then SL series happened. In between Jadav got few runs. Kumble wasnt supposed to leave when he did, Ravi i am sure came with his own thoughts but overall yes what you write is logical. 

The problem we are trying to solve is 4 and 5, problem posters are trying to solve is how to fit Rahul in playing XI. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

After rahul i go with pant specially in subcontinent 

These two guys are miles of ahead of other, they are geniune match winners that will scare opposition n compliment the trio of rohit, dhawan n kohli quality

In ipl these 2 showed how they were like one man armies.......such player make sides gr8

opp wud be scared even after getting dhawan,rohit, kohli out that still rahul, pant, pandya are yet to come

Rayudu, karthik, iyer, pandey dnt strikes that fear in opposition . Kaptaan ko is format men flair dhundhna chaiye wo test men dhundh rha hai 

If after many chances these 2 fail , well i hope gill is ready by then 

and giving these 2 chances mean atleast 15-20 games each with security n confidence . Someone like ganguly wud have made them feel like how kohli makes dhoni feel right now 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Once again the question is being addressed incorrectly. Rahul deserves to play and so does Kartick and Raydu. The grandfather is the one whose spot should be questioned. Dhoni like tendulkar has no shame towards the end of the career. I would get upset when he was young and not given an opportunity. Now he is taking the same privilige away from others. What a leech.

Reminds me of the poem Brook by Tennyson "Men may come and men may go I go on for ever."