Indian squad for WI test announced . Siraj n Mayank gets selected

5 minutes ago, diehardpacer said:

Nair has done nothing apart from that 300 vs Eng.He played 6 more innings & scored 71 runs with scores of 4,13,26,0,23,5.He failed in India.His first class scores in 2018 were (20,93,42,55) vs Windies A side,(4,13) vs Eng Lions,4 vs Essex,4 vs Maharashtra,31 vs Mumbai,37 vs Baroda,29 vs Indian President XI.His avg in First Class this year is 30.18 in 11 innings .The selectors made the mistake by selecting him for Eng tour.Keeping him now would have been continuing that mistake.He needs to set the domestic scene on fire to deserve a comeback.

Pujara averages 55.82 in 35 innings in India since 2015.His avg jumped to 63.9 in 2017 in 14 innings. Rahul averages 47 in the 19 innings since 2015 in India. Rahul has been a brilliant slip catcher.They are not proven failures.

Even still,I would have preferred selectors to try 2 more youngsters in place of Pujara & Rahane since this is not an important series. .

I never support Dhawan in test side.Mainly due to his careless attitude.

still since Nair has been selected and has a 300+ to his name, he deserves a few more chances.  With Pujara , how ever brilliant he might have been in Asia, his record in SENA is pathetic, simply put. With such a player  especially at 1 down position you can't win series in SENA.

1 minute ago, rtmohanlal said:

still since Nair has been selected and has a 300+ to his name, he deserves a few more chances.  With Pujara , how ever brilliant he might have been in Asia, his record in SENA is pathetic, simply put. With such a player  especially at 1 down position you can't win series in SENA.

He needs to do well atleast in A tours in SENA countries or in domestics.I was supporting him after that 300,but he kept failing repeatedly in the remaining matches that too in India. He still has time to get back.

Take the case of Vijay. He has been scoring heavily in Counties now.If Shaw & Mayank fail,then he will be back in contention for Aus series.Nair should consider playing for for a county side or any Aus domestic team.

On 9/29/2018 at 9:36 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Lo karlo baat everytime

Everytime 

In jan 2018

Sourav ganguly said this -"History of Rohit Sharma and history of Shikhar Dhawan in overseas conditions are not very good. You look at their records, it's like chalk and cheese when they go away and when they are in India. 

Link - https://www.deccanchronicle.com/sports/cricket/110118/south-africa-vs-india-test-sourav-ganguly-rohit-sharma-shikhar-dhawan-virat-kohli.html

Ab Sehwag baki hai bolne ko 

2 hours ago, diehardpacer said:

Nair has done nothing apart from that 300 vs Eng.He played 6 more innings & scored 71 runs with scores of 4,13,26,0,23,5.He failed in India.His first class scores in 2018 were (20,93,42,55) vs Windies A side,(4,13) vs Eng Lions,4 vs Essex,4 vs Maharashtra,31 vs Mumbai,37 vs Baroda,29 vs Indian President XI.His avg in First Class this year is 30.18 in 11 innings .The selectors made the mistake by selecting him for Eng tour.Keeping him now would have been continuing that mistake.He needs to set the domestic scene on fire to deserve a comeback.

Pujara averages 55.82 in 35 innings in India since 2015.His avg jumped to 63.9 in 2017 in 14 innings. Rahul averages 47 in the 19 innings since 2015 in India. Rahul has been a brilliant slip catcher.They are not proven failures.

Even still,I would have preferred selectors to try 2 more youngsters in place of Pujara & Rahane since this is not an important series. .

I never support Dhawan in test side.Mainly due to his careless attitude.

Thank you for digging up Nair's stats. For all the angst about his non selection, it is clear that he was not exactly lighting it up on the FC circuit. Whether or not it was due to dejection due to post 300 dropping is immaterial. He was on the radar, but not knocking doors down. Plus, IIRC, there were some catching issues with him too. 

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

more or less is not the point prithvi has scored everywhere

In ENg long format- prithvi scored n mayank failed 

yes mayank has played more so he ll be more mature but at the end quality matters .....which IMO shaw is way higher then mayank 

Destined to succedd - no one can be sure of anyone. 

M among many who believe might actually might not do well in international cricket

Umesh hasnt progressed much so its better we give siraj a chance but under kohli aisa hoga nhin

Dear Ankit

Since I have real time opening experience...on Indian pitches unless it's a green pitch..if an opener is good and confident and he plays first two balls well..he gets a feeling that he may score a 50 or 100.

The way Mayank is scoring on Indian pitches...rajkot pitch and WI bowling which has only one 145 k pacer will find him a tough nut to crack.

Batting is a touch game when a batsman is in full form...he is kinda destined to succeed in at least one innings if not both.

8 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Dear Ankit

Since I have real time opening experience...on Indian pitches unless it's a green pitch..if an opener is good and confident and he plays first two balls well..he gets a feeling that he may score a 50 or 100.

The way Mayank is scoring on Indian pitches...rajkot pitch and WI bowling which has only one 145 k pacer will find him a tough nut to crack.

Batting is a touch game when a batsman is in full form...he is kinda destined to succeed in at least one innings if not both.

i dnt care who scores on Indian pitches, we shud look for better talent 

A long race horse....i find that in shaw 

Ganguly n bhajji has played so much yet they are advocating rohit sharma , tumhare khelne se mera opinon kyun change hoga

N hows is that shaw is not in touch ????

he has scored everywhere ..even in IPL n Eng-A test matches where mayank failed

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i dnt care who scores on Indian pitches, we shud look for better talent 

A long race horse....i find that in shaw 

Ganguly n bhajji has played so much yet they are advocating rohit sharma , tumhare khelne se mera opinon kyun change hoga

N hows is that shaw is not in touch ????

he has scored everywhere ..even in IPL n Eng-A test matches where mayank failed

My dear I agree Prithvi is a great talent..probably better than Mayank but as of today Mayank has loads of runs behind him where as Prithvi goes for shots too early.

If Mayank debuts he may hit a century in the first innings or second innings..

I am kinda sure about it...any guy who has loads of runs behind him is in a run getting zone..

Whether pujara or Rahul or virat scores or not but I trust Mayank is likely to score the most in this test as he is fully loaded with runs and he is mature so should handle his debut nervous Ness better.

Prithvi is also a bundle of talent so I support him too but on merit ...Mayank should get a chance in this test as he is destined to succeed in first test...destined to score a century.

Mark my words..

4 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

My dear I agree Prithvi is a great talent..probably better than Mayank but as of today Mayank has loads of runs behind him where as Prithvi goes for shots too early.

thats his natural game n ability 

nothing wrong in that

shaw has also gotten tons of runs ...everywhere ...everywhere 

If Mayank debuts he may hit a century in the first innings or second innings..

I am kinda sure about it...any guy who has loads of runs behind him is in a run getting zone..

Whether pujara or Rahul or virat scores or not but I trust Mayank is likely to score the most in this test as he is fully loaded with runs and he is mature so should handle his debut nervous Ness better.

ye bhavishyavaani pe team nhin select hota

Prithvi is also a bundle of talent so I support him too but on merit ...Mayank should get a chance in this test as he is destined to succeed in first test...destined to score a century.

Mark my words..

I repeat 

ye bhavishyavaani pe team nhin select hota

Shaw is a special talent and many in cricketing cirlce beilve he is destined to greatness

he is one of the fastest to make progression to national team in a setup where its becomes diff for young players 

kuch to baat hogi

9 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Dear Ankit

We are not looking for an opener who can succeed just in India or Asia.   I too am sure that Mayank would do well against the WI in India, as he is in great form.

BUT

Who is the new opener who has the game to do well in Australia and other SENA countries along with in Asia   ?

Who among Prithvi and Mayank has a good off-stump game and is good against pace and bounce  ?

The one who is better should be groomed against the West Indies because we are looking for an opener who has the game to succeed both out of Asia and in Asia.  

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We are not looking for an opener who can succeed just in India or Asia.   I too am sure that Mayank would do well against the WI in India, as he is in great form.

BUT

Who is the new opener who has the game to do well in Australia and other SENA countries along with in Asia   ?

Who among Prithvi and Mayank has a good off-stump game and is good against pace and bounce  ?

The one who is better should be groomed against the West Indies because we are looking for an opener who has the game to succeed both out of Asia and in Asia.  

has mayank been on A-tour of any other SENA country ??? if so what was his score in FC games  

ENg-A he failed

Any other country??

in the middle order.....  this was a golden chance to test as to whether Karun   could be that  replacement  for that proven hack  Pujara.
Karun is a brilliant player of spin , WI is not a very high ranked team etc etc .... so  would be  such a great oppertunity to test him. But , what can be said of our selectors??? First Karun, now rejecting him and giving Mayank oppertunity. Infact Mayank needed  to be provided that oppertunity   long  before he turned 25.
Mayank is scoring runs. 30 is not age to reject players.So no complaint on that.Pujara,the so called hack, has hit 2 centuries already. It was the mistake of the team management that they did not play Karun in SA and England. Same team management must have told selectors that he is not needed.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk