Rape backlash: Fearing for lives after attacks by mobs, UP, MP and Bihar migrants flee Gujarat

Singh bling

Just now, Vilander said:

Glad you find it interesting. No time for strawmen you have a whole army of them.

Its not a strawman argument, because i am attacking the ENTIRE BUDGET. When X gets more $$ than Y in the national budget, it means X is of higher priority than Y. Doesnt matter if X is military weapons and Y is opening new colleges. 

Demonstrate to us why India needs an A/C more than it needs upgraded police equipment. As i said, our police force equipment is much behind that of China, Russia etc. than our military hardware is. 

21 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Its not a strawman argument, because i am attacking the ENTIRE BUDGET. When X gets more $$ than Y in the national budget, it means X is of higher priority than Y. Doesnt matter if X is military weapons and Y is opening new colleges. 

Demonstrate to us why India needs an A/C more than it needs upgraded police equipment. As i said, our police force equipment is much behind that of China, Russia etc. than our military hardware is. 

Good back to basics.  

Now in terms of defensive and offensive platforms acg are unique in that you do not have to fire a bullet to defend all you need is their coercive presence all the destroyers ssbns an acg is all of its battle group. They are of high strategic value.

Central Police force ( like bsf itbp crpf ) equipment should be prioritised against other home ministry budget items for capf. 

For police force you are talking about, its state budgets.. Only linkage between these two elements can be some form of revenue transfer from center to state.. Like say for a particular fiscal year some surcharges accumulated at state level can be transferred back to the state to balance that states budget etc

But you are talking about subsets that are nestled beneath multiple ministry and state layers. 

India needs both at different ministries for different reasons.  Your argument is similar to brits who say why India has isro and sends rockets when it has poor people it does so because it's an entity based on collective subjectivity. There are no right or wrong answers but my point is home ministry can sort out equipment shortage for capf and states can sort for their spf no need to go till defence ministry> armed forces> navy> naval equipment >air arm..  They can start with state ministry > cm office > discretionary. Get the drift? 

Just now, Vilander said:

Good back to basics.  

Now in terms of defensive and offensive platforms acg are unique in that you do not have to fire a bullet to defend all you need is their coercive presence all the destroyers ssbns an acg is all of its battle group. They are of high strategic value.

Stop making up nonsense. Just show me a single A/C ever deployed in defensive position in a war. They've been around since 1920s or 30s. Thats plenty of wars to choose from. Show me a single A/C deployment in WWII that is defensive in posture. 

Just now, Vilander said:

Central Police force ( like bsf itbp crpf ) equipment should be prioritised against other home ministry budget items for capf. 

Why ? The order of priorities of a nation is not constrained by which department gets what budget. If all our hospitals are destroyed, we need hospitals. period. It becomes a higher priority than everything else in the ENTIRE budget. 

Just now, Vilander said:

For police force you are talking about, its state budgets.. Only linkage between these two elements can be some form of revenue transfer from center to state.. Like say for a particular fiscal year some surcharges accumulated at state level can be transferred back to the state to balance that states budget etc

Sure. So stop spending 5 billion dollar on a shiny new toy to brag about that will not be used and start sending that moolah to the states for upgrading their police force. Simple. 

Just now, Vilander said:

But you are talking about subsets that are nestled beneath multiple ministry and state layers. 

India needs both at different ministries for different reasons.  Your argument is similar to brits who say why India has isro and sends rockets when it has poor people it does so because it's an entity based on collective subjectivity. There are no right or wrong answers but my point is home ministry can sort out equipment shortage for capf and states can sort for their spf no need to go till defence ministry> armed forces> navy> naval equipment >air arm..  They can start with state ministry > cm office > discretionary. Get the drift? 

ISRO earns us money. By commercial launches. A/C literally just sits there and does nothing unless we plan on invading someone. 

INS Viraat literally served in 0 conflicts. it was not deployed during Kargil either. 

Its literally a weapon to invade far off places. Which India is not planning to do or in any position to do. The carrier is simply being built because its glamorous. Thats it. 

If Indian government had its priorities right, we'd not look worse than Kenyan police force while spending billions on a floating air field we don't plan on using anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Stop making up nonsense. Just show me a single A/C ever deployed in defensive position in a war. They've been around since 1920s or 30s. Thats plenty of wars to choose from. Show me a single A/C deployment in WWII that is defensive in posture. 

Why ? The order of priorities of a nation is not constrained by which department gets what budget. If all our hospitals are destroyed, we need hospitals. period. It becomes a higher priority than everything else in the ENTIRE budget. 

Sure. So stop spending 5 billion dollar on a shiny new toy to brag about that will not be used and start sending that moolah to the states for upgrading their police force. Simple. 

ISRO earns us money. By commercial launches. A/C literally just sits there and does nothing unless we plan on invading someone. 

INS Viraat literally served in 0 conflicts. it was not deployed during Kargil either. 

Its literally a weapon to invade far off places. Which India is not planning to do or in any position to do. The carrier is simply being built because its glamorous. Thats it. 

If Indian government had its priorities right, we'd not look worse than Kenyan police force while spending billions on a floating air field we don't plan on using anytime soon.

OK. You had your chance. I have nothing more to add. 

On 10/18/2018 at 12:42 AM, zen said:

List your state first 

zen issue is different. I can see it is all political to make Modi loose in UP and Bihar, but least  Gujjus can do is unequivocally condemn this deplorable act. If they cant, why do they expect a common (once who cant read it as political thing) UPite or Bihari go above regionalism and vote for a Gujrati PM.