Ranji trophy 2018-19

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

I like Warrier as a pace prospect.  Like Aniket C too.  

But these guys are not on the selectors' radar as of today as they are not making it to any kind of chosen 11s like India A, B, C or Board Presidents 11 etc.

is porel any good after his return from injury? he was reasonably promising, although clearly not in the mavi and nagarkoti class.

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rahul is one of the most talented spinners in the country right now , not only that he can bat and is an excellent fielder

Yes..may be...But he is nothing close to finish...

He may be talented but his skill level right now is very mediacore and him being best spinner is what concerns me...

When he is a finished product and he is the top spinner, then i would be happy...

I am not talking about his talent here but about the spinning reserves...

40 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Yes..may be...But he is nothing close to finish...

How much has he played???? a player only develops with time specially spinners and batsman

He may be talented but his skill level right now is very mediacore and him being best spinner is what concerns me...

What skill does he lack ??? he pretty much has all the weapons. Problem is just the control which is getting better with each game

He ll become better at setting batsman only by playing

He turns the ball big .... he has googly to

So whats the skill set issue with him?

When he is a finished product and he is the top spinner, then i would be happy...

I am not talking about his talent here but about the spinning reserves...

despite being no finished he is doing well, which is a gr8 sign

all he needs to do now is keep playing

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
37 minutes ago, Mumbai Lobby said:

He has 2 30's scores in his career and you say he can bat. Your standards must be extremely low...

he has played 8 innings in which he was not out in 2 and he bats among tail in which one was 32*

how many 100s were u expecting

I have seen him bat and he n nagarkotti both has potential with bat to give team useful runs

My standards arent low, ur quite judgemental and loves to shoot ur mouth of without checking stats or doing a bit of research . I have been following him from few yrs now 

On 12/8/2018 at 9:11 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Wkts tally

Avesh khan - 28 in 5 games

Rajpoot- 26 in 4 games

Aniket.C  24 in 5 games

Rahul chahar 22 in 5 games

nathu 19 in 5 games

Lalit 17 in 4 games

thanks Ankit for this report.

So it is a fight between Avesh and Rajpoot as 

Avesh has got 5.6 wickets per match and Rajpoot has got 6.5 wickets per Match.

would have loved to see full bowling analysis of at least these 2.

As far as Numbers are concerned Rajpoot is the winner but I would rank AVesh as better as avesh is faster than Rajpoot and has more Potential. I am sure Avesh has bowed little lesser than rajpoot and hence his wicket tally is a little less.

as per the Analysis on wicket tally Rajpoot wins but My Choice of the best Pacer is Avesh KHan

45 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

thanks Ankit for this report.

So it is a fight between Avesh and Rajpoot as 

Avesh has got 5.6 wickets per match and Rajpoot has got 6.5 wickets per Match.

would have loved to see full bowling analysis of at least these 2.

As far as Numbers are concerned Rajpoot is the winner but I would rank AVesh as better as avesh is faster than Rajpoot and has more Potential. I am sure Avesh has bowed little lesser than rajpoot and hence his wicket tally is a little less.

as per the Analysis on wicket tally Rajpoot wins but My Choice of the best Pacer is Avesh KHan

Rajpoot n Mavi are playing Asia cup u-23 , so others will take a lead

21 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

How much has he played???? a player only develops with time specially spinners and batsman

What skill does he lack ??? he pretty much has all the weapons. Problem is just the control which is getting better with each game

He ll become better at setting batsman only by playing

He turns the ball big .... he has googly to

So whats the skill set issue with him?

despite being no finished he is doing well, which is a gr8 sign

all he needs to do now is keep playing

As you said...he doesnt have the control...which is a huge thing...

I like wrist spinning art and i know how hard it is...

I am not complaining about his skill or talent...

What concerns me ...is the spinning reserves...

Young lad without full control is the best spinner in the country is what concerns me...

I really want him to do well and play for india....we need better wrist spinner than Kuldeep for test matches

5 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

It will only come with experience.....nothing to bother about it. Its a process

Skill set is a diff thing.....control is needed to put it to best use

Young lad without full control is the best spinner in the country is what concerns me...

Most young lad wrist spinners wont have control, his talent is the best 

concern shud be lack of talent 

Their is gopal also till that time

I really want him to do well and play for india....we need better wrist spinner than Kuldeep for test matches

1st lets give kuldeep n gopal enough chances that wud be the time for rahul to grow

8 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Agreed. we have 6-8 talented 140kmph pacers who just played or will play for India. Siraj, mavi, saini, avesh, rajpoot, aniket, nathu, aaron, koti etc
But, For a country like India, 3-4 mcgills/kuldeeps, 2 jadejas, 2 ashwins should be always available as reserves. 
But our Indian A spinners are 30 year old half-decent late-bloomers like gowtham, nadeem. 

11 hours ago, SUMO said:

Agreed. we have 6-8 talented 140kmph pacers who just played or will play for India. Siraj, mavi, saini, avesh, rajpoot, aniket, nathu, aaron, koti etc
But, For a country like India, 3-4 mcgills/kuldeeps, 2 jadejas, 2 ashwins should be always available as reserves. 
But our Indian A spinners are 30 year old half-decent late-bloomers like gowtham, nadeem. 

TBH, you need good fast bowlers to win tests overseas.  Most of the domestic spinners can do well at home.  So what spinners we have in domestic does not matter, tbh. They most are good enough to win us games at home.