“Leave India,” Virat Kohli Tells Fan Who Like Foreign Batsmen More Than Indian Batsmen and the tale of Sachin and his Ferrari

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

beyond you is not hard enough fact to discount it. Sachin did apply for removal of duty, which was not granted. It reflects on Sachin clearly, mr i want an expensive ferrari but wont pay duty on it. lol. 

The part in bold is an outright lie. Goes on to show how utterly clueless you are about the issue. You haven't the foggiest how any of this works, do you? The Central Government exempted the duty.

For starters, if the duty weren't paid, Sachin couldn't be allowed to take the car home. It would be with the Customs department at the Port. He was given a clearance to take the vehicle home purely because he had a letter of exemption form a Union Minister. Only a limited number of Union Ministers are allowed to sign on exemption certificates. The pre-requisite is that the exemption doesn't hamper local industry. And in the case of Ferrari it didn't. So your point about 'competitive advantage' is plain nonsense. The Government of the day deemed otherwise.

Sachin then drove his Ferrari around for few days, before the PIL was filed in the Delhi High Court. The PIL wasn't filed keeping local competition in mind, but the fact that an exemption generally (not always) is provided for objects/instruments that help in bettering the lot of the people of India. That had been the general precedent. And a Ferrari doesn't help the public at large. 

The Delhi High Court's decision could have been challenged and it was the ruling BJP at the centre who were going to challenge the decision when FIAT paid the import duty.

Hey, but don't let facts come in the way of spewing vitriol against an Indian legend. 

8 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The PIL wasn't filed keeping local competition in mind, but the fact that an exemption generally (not always) is provided for objects/instruments that help in bettering the lot of the people of India. That had been the general precedent. And a Ferrari doesn't help the public at large. 

good and the result was that the duty was paid, the said duty that sachin wanted exempted..lol which is what i am saying. 

ailaaa..i need the ferrari but i wont pay duty.. :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

For starters, if the duty weren't paid, Sachin couldn't be allowed to take the car home.

the gifting company obviously took it without paying the import duty  in full , that was the problem in the first place lol. Why would Sachin not just tell the firm to pay the duty or he wont accept the gift, lol no he had to say ' i will talk to my friends in high places and make sure they adjust the duty ' and he succeeded..lol only till the court took cognisance through a a brave PIL and did what is right. 

7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

good and the result was that the duty was paid, the said duty that sachin wanted exempted..lol which is what i am saying. 

ailaaa..i need the ferrari but i wont pay duty.. :laugh:

he is being gifted. Ailaa i need a ferrari but i wont pay duty, is only applicable for something HE IS PURCHASING. Nobody is under any obligation to accept a gift and pay duties on the gift.  Infact, i commend Sachin for showing backbone on this. 

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

no i wont.. cause he did not do that. he took a gift that was imported and not duty paid and wanted exemption for it, he is accused of that. 

Nobody is obligated to accept a gift and then pay taxes on said gift. Since he did not purchase it, neither did he have the ownership papers at the point the HC got involved, your charge that he tried to or evaded taxes, is a categoric lie. 

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

The part in bold is an outright lie. Goes on to show how utterly clueless you are about the issue. You haven't the foggiest how any of this works, do you? The Central Government exempted the duty.

For starters, if the duty weren't paid, Sachin couldn't be allowed to take the car home. It would be with the Customs department at the Port. He was given a clearance to take the vehicle home purely because he had a letter of exemption form a Union Minister. Only a limited number of Union Ministers are allowed to sign on exemption certificates. The pre-requisite is that the exemption doesn't hamper local industry. And in the case of Ferrari it didn't. So your point about 'competitive advantage' is plain nonsense. The Government of the day deemed otherwise.

Sachin then drove his Ferrari around for few days, before the PIL was filed in the Delhi High Court. The PIL wasn't filed keeping local competition in mind, but the fact that an exemption generally (not always) is provided for objects/instruments that help in bettering the lot of the people of India. That had been the general precedent. And a Ferrari doesn't help the public at large. 

The Delhi High Court's decision could have been challenged and it was the ruling BJP at the centre who were going to challenge the decision when FIAT paid the import duty.

Hey, but don't let facts come in the way of spewing vitriol against an Indian legend. 

Thank you for owning  Vilander with the facts.

He is lucky that Sachin is a gentleman legend and that this is not the US. If both the conditions were different, he'd be getting sued right now for libel & defamation. 

Edited by beetle
6 hours ago, Vilander said:

you commending him on trying to evade tax means nothing, he still had to pay duty per law which he did via his now forlorn gifting entity ( lol). 

he did not evade taxes, since it does not meet the legal definition of tax evasion. A lawyer ( Mariyam), who is an INDIAN LAWYER is telling you so. Sachin was never charged with tax evasion in the first place. So he cannot be guilty or even afoul of something he is not charged with.

I suggest you defer to authority if you can see reason instead of nonsense to prop up your hate. 

Edited by beetle
1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

Nobody is obligated to accept a gift and then pay taxes on said gift.

lol :laugh:

now ...hehe 

man this is gold.

ok as per Income tax (1) Act, 1961, if value of gifts received is more than 50k  per annum then such an ammount is taxed as income in hand of receiver. We are not taking about that, i do not know if this was paid or not - so wont comment lolz.. we are talking import duty.. mulog you are funny in this thread dude..totally.

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Thank you for owning that hater Vilander with the facts.

He is lucky that Sachin is a gentleman legend and that this is not the US. If both the conditions were different, he'd be getting his behind sued right now for libel & defamation. 

if facts can work. then then throw insults intimidation..lol thats cheap.

Just now, Vilander said:

lol :laugh:

now ...hehe 

man this is gold.

ok as per Income tax (1) Act, 1961, if value of gifts received is more than 50k  per annum then such an ammount is taxed as income in hand of receiver. We are not taking about that, i do not know if this was paid or not - so wont comment lolz.. we are talking import duty.. mulog you are funny in this thread dude..totally.

by tax, i meant import tax on a gift. No one is under any obligation to pay it, neither can the government come after you for not paying it. The goods will simply remain impounded until the import tax is paid or a waiver is obtained. 
I suggest you READ the Indian law or better yet, defer to the practicing lawyer who is calling you out on your nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

if facts can work. then then throw insults intimidation..lol thats cheap.

the facts are provided by the lawyer in this thread. 

Fact is sachin was never charged with tax evasion. So your initial charge fails. End of story. 

There is nothing intimidating about saying your unqualified opinion on law is overridden by the lawyer telling you so. Just like your unqualified opinion about a disease is overridden by a doctor. 

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

by tax, i meant import tax on a gift. No one is under any obligation to pay it, neither can the government come after you for not paying it. The goods will simply remain impounded until the import tax is paid or a waiver is obtained. 
I suggest you READ the Indian law or better yet, defer to the practicing lawyer who is calling you out on your nonsense. 

"Nobody is obligated to accept a gift and then pay taxes on said gift."

lol post that in your bedroom, may be CRA will come visiting sometime.

keep quite and read what i wrote.  own your comments dont go i meant this i ment that...  read what you wrote and what i wrote.

you can keep your suggestions to yourself. :laugh:

the facts are provided by the lawyer in this thread. 

Fact is sachin was never charged with tax evasion. So your initial charge fails. End of story. 

There is nothing intimidating about saying your unqualified opinion on law is overridden by the lawyer telling you so. Just like your unqualified opinion about a disease is overridden by a doctor. 

PM me

making false allegations that are libel and slander is something that is worth being told to STFU over. 

what ever who do you think you are man. when i am being respectful of you and posting respectfully make sure you do the same, if you want a sling match PM me. and dont go crying to mods then ' i have my feelings hurt' lol