All Rounders do not exist.

Khota

6 hours ago, philcric said:

Saying a post is dishonest and someone is pig-headed about a particular non-fact even though every piece of evidence points to the contrary.

Saying someone moves around with a player's **ck in his mouth because that someone posted about that player a fact (stat) that actually happened in the recent series. 

Sounds about the same. Not.

Pointing to something knowlingly dishonest is an insult. Taking cheapshots is dishonest. 

Trying to claim that India has two allrounders in Pandya brothers is about as dishonest as it gets.

4 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

In ODI's, Hardik Pandya has proved himself to be much better than Robin Singh, Retinder Sngh Sodhi, Stuart Binny, Laxmi Ratan Shukla and Rishi Dhawan. Some of them did not even sustain for 20 ODI's iirc. 

Think Hardik Pandya may end up as better mutli skilled ODI player than Irfan Pathan in few years. 

Better ODI batsman than Manoj Prabhkar, but lesser bowler.

And that for sure does not make him an allrounder.

Some of the things you have are correct here.

33 minutes ago, Khota said:

That is why you are clueless because you cannot see the relation between those two posts.

genius 

my 1 post was talking about 250 smashed by stokes in test cricket

2nd post give u an answer on ur question regd recent IPL (jst becoz the stat proved ur stokes doing better in recent ipl then pandyas proved wrong dnt distract from it)

What is the connection in test n IPL

Irfan Pathan was far better than Pandya when he started out.Irfan lost his way but he still was better than Pandya for those couple of years.Irfan was asked to do too much like leading the bowling attack and also play multiple roles as batsman.

If he was given the cushion Pandya is being given , I would bet he would have ended up with far better stats.

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Is he a trundlers or phaaasht? Any videos?

as of now trundler but if he works hard he looks like a strong boy who can increase his pace 

he has nice action 

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/5758/ranji-trophy-qf-shivam-dubes-impressive-5-wicket-haul

his bowling is such that he can trouble batsman even if he is in 130-135k , but a lot of work needs to be done 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

as of now trundler but if he works hard he looks like a strong boy who can increase his pace 

he has nice action 

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/5758/ranji-trophy-qf-shivam-dubes-impressive-5-wicket-haul

his bowling is such that he can trouble batsman even if he is in 130-135k , but a lot of work needs to be done 

Same was said about Rishi and Binny. Binny was a better bowler than Rishi by a light year.

After seeing how Khaleel turned out, 130-135ks at a domestic level itself doesn’t sound promising

Hardik Pandya is a luxury a strong team can afford. Given we have a Top 3 that is best in the world and 2 of the best LOI bowlers in the world currently  in Bumrah and Kuldeep, he is fine. Under the circumstances when these 5 players perform, Pandya can come in and further put the game out of opponents reach and if he fails, we will still be fine 9 out of 10 times.

Tests is a different story, we are a team

of Kohli+ bowlers. We don’t need Pandyas help

with the ball more often than not. I am sure his 5 wkt haul in england will be used as a crutch till eternity but we still don’t really need him and him batting at 6 is going to be a disaster 9 times out of 10 with Pant still not completely settling in despite that 100.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand for people. 

Edited by Global.Baba
13 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Same was said about Rishi and Binny. Binny was a better bowler than Rishi by a light year.

After seeing how Khaleel turned out, 130-135ks at a domestic level itself doesn’t sound promising

Rishi n binny were more of swing bowler , release the ball in air kind

dubey looks hit the deck kind of a bowler

Also the exposure of fast bowling knowledge and fitness is far better then of those days when rishi n binny were growing yrs

26 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Hardik Pandya is a luxury a strong team can afford. Given we have a Top 3 that is best in the world and 2 of the best LOI bowlers in the world currently  in Bumrah and Kuldeep, he is fine. Under the circumstances when these 5 players perform, Pandya can come in and further put the game out of opponents reach and if he fails, we will still be fine 9 out of 10 times.

Tests is a different story, we are a team

of Kohli+ bowlers. We don’t need Pandyas help

with the ball more often than not. I am sure his 5 wkt haul in england will be used as a crutch till eternity but we still don’t really need him and him batting at 6 is going to be a disaster 9 times out of 10 with Pant still not completely settling in despite that 100.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand for people. 

Because others suck in batting, so having another mediocre bat doesn't harm anyone. That's the logic so far.

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Because others suck in batting, so having another mediocre bat doesn't harm anyone. That's the logic so far.

Yeah. I mean I am tired going around in circles

with Ankit. Simple logic that if  a lower order bat outscores a top order bat, the problem is with the top order and they need to be replaced instead of lower order bat getting promoted seems to be not getting through.

8 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Yeah. I mean I am tired going around in circles

with Ankit. Simple logic that if  a lower order bat outscores a top order bat, the problem is with the top order and they need to be replaced instead of lower order bat getting promoted seems to be not getting through.

no thats not the only logic 

To start with all are being medicore or lets say all were not able to overcome those conditions , if pandya plays in better condition he ll also score like he did in lanka 

Now here is the logic @Global.Baba here the full thing , ur just pointing to one thing

Lets say his mediocre batting is = to having another medicore batsman 

he can bowl that to around 15 overs unlike a part timer and give our bowlers a rest bowler, and u dnt get a pace battery like this every day they need rest so they can bowl at full throatle..... 

look at last test vs england, bumrah is bowling around 30 overs , 

in 2013-14 Sa n NZ  tours - zak broke down, shami pace went down coz they had to bowl a lot of overs 

now ull say this time many days 5th bowler wasnt needed, yea coz the pitches were spicy....opposition knws if india plays 4 bowler give them flat deck and if 5 give them a helpful surface. Now  tht 6th batsman doing gr8 on those spicy pitches as well. Now call pandya 93 a fluke but atleast he got that i can name these batsman struggling to even score a 50. 

So pandya looks a plus on all of them. 

it works in many ways, neither is he keeping someone like VVS laxman out n if some gr8 talent is out well we have enough player to throw from top

Just becoz we have 4 mediocre batsman adding one more wnt save our asses, atleast we can try taking some workload off the pace battery who are good. Pandya is huge plus on field as well 

and mark my words in helpful condition this guy will be very handy with the ball , u dnt like his 5 wkt xample ill give u one more....his ODI debut in dharamshala against NZ (who is grown up on pacers) their was something in it for pacers and he took full advantage of it 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

no thats not the only logic 

To start with all are being medicore or lets say all were not able to overcome those conditions , if pandya plays in better condition he ll also score like he did in lanka 

Now here is the logic @Global.Baba here the full thing , ur just pointing to one thing

Lets say his mediocre batting is = to having another medicore batsman 

he can bowl that to around 15 overs unlike a part timer and give our bowlers a rest bowler, and u dnt get a pace battery like this every day they need rest so they can bowl at full throatle..... 

look at last test vs england, bumrah is bowling around 30 overs , 

in 2013-14 Sa n NZ  tours - zak broke down, shami pace went down coz they had to bowl a lot of overs 

now ull say this time many days 5th bowler wasnt needed, yea coz the pitches were spicy....opposition knws if india plays 4 bowler give them flat deck and if 5 give them a helpful surface. Now  tht 6th batsman doing gr8 on those spicy pitches as well. Now call pandya 93 a fluke but atleast he got that i can name these batsman struggling to even score a 50. 

So pandya looks a plus on all of them. 

it works in many ways, neither is he keeping someone like VVS laxman out n if some gr8 talent is out well we have enough player to throw from top

Just becoz we have 4 mediocre batsman adding one more wnt save our asses, atleast we can try taking some workload off the pace battery who are good. Pandya is huge plus on field as well 

and mark my words in helpful condition this guy will be very handy with the ball , u dnt like his 5 wkt xample ill give u one more....his ODI debut in dharamshala against NZ (who is grown up on pacers) their was something in it for pacers and he took full advantage of it 

Vihari has stellar domestic stats. Scored a 50

and took 3 wickets in his first test. Bowling looks pretty part-timish but obviously has shown he can bat based on FC stats. Tell me how does he lose out to Hardik Pandya?

This is not just about Vihari but plenty of such domestic bats out there. You are just hung up on Rohit,Raina etc. as I said next is Vihari’s chance and then some other batsman after that. You can’t plug it in with bits and pieces in tests especially.

Odis and T20 it is a no brainer Pandya would be ahead of guys like Vihari etc.

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

Vihari has stellar domestic stats. Scored a 50

and took 3 wickets in his first test. Bowling looks pretty part-timish but obviously has shown he can bat based on FC stats. Tell me how does he lose out to Hardik Pandya?

Lets hope he does well (the way he was playing short pitch stuff in england was scaring me , but lets see)

We ll get our answers this time on pujara, rahane, vihari 

Vihari cnt give u 15 overs overseas, in India m ok with 4 bowlers coz spinners bowls bulk and ashwin n jadeja are good all rounder in India so 5 is also fine 

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

This is not just about Vihari but plenty of such domestic bats out there. You are just hung up on Rohit,Raina etc. as I said next is Vihari’s chance and then some other batsman after that. You can’t plug it in with bits and pieces in tests especially.

M not hung on them 

As of now the line is

• nair, Vihari 
  • iyer, bawane 
  • gill , anmolpreet 

Atleast well get to knw regd vihari this time . If they are good before pandya it will be pujara n ashwin who will be challenged unless those 2 also scores thats when pandya will find it tough to get a place

My concern is just not batting but those extra overs that we were secure during sachin, sehwag n ganguly phase.....15 overs from 1 part timer is tooo much 

2-3 honge to manageble hai ......

This aussie tour will also tell us that can we manage 2 innings with 4 bowlers and does it affects our bowlers for future 

7 hours ago, philcric said:

K Pandya has the 8th best SR (153.91) in all IPL :two_thumbs_up:

With average 25+ criteria, he's the 5th best :two_thumbs_up:

With average 30+ criteria, he's the 3rd best :two_thumbs_up:

If this is your basis then you are missing forest for the trees.