Your unpopular opinion thread

Stradlater

On 2/6/2019 at 5:14 AM, coffee_rules said:

Sambar with  Dosa is useless. People consume it just because it is served along with. It is a TN thingy, even now remote smaller towns in Kar don't serve Sambar with Masala Dosa. Only mashed potato curry and diffetent kinds of chutney.

Sambhar is never useless. Its literally the rolls royce of lentils.

Hair is overrated. Too much maintenance. Balding is beautiful

Having a 6pack is overrated. It used to be associated with farmhands,laborers and rickshaw pullers. Gut and paunch is beautiful. Sign of prosperity and sexiness.

Working out is overrated and just gives you knee pain, doesn’t help in weight loss.

Learning a new skill is useless, just mental strain. What will you do learning carpentry or playing the  bansuri. Wasting time FTW

Dieting is overrated. Binge binge binge :dance:

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

What is it about you Telegu people that you wanna make everything spicier than bear-spray ?!? 

There are some Andhra owned  restaurants in the area I live in  and one of my friends who was from Guntur thought the food was bland and I was literally tearing up from the spice. I think Andhra and Kashmir are 2 places in India which produce the spiciest chillies. Not sure if Kashmiri cuisine is spicy though :dontknow: I have had the Pulao while it’s flavorful it is pretty bland.

29 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Multiculturalism is a product of colonialism. You will never see multiculturalism in Eastern European countries because they never colonized tropical nations. 

More like imperialism. 
The Achaemenid Empire, Magadh Empire, Rashtrakutas, Palas, Gurjara-Pratiharas, Satavahanas, Parthians, Mongol Empire, Ostro-Hungarian empire - they were all multicultural empires. The moment you have a multi-ethnic political unit without a dominant majority ( this is why i am not counting the Chinese Empires who've always been dominantly Han or Tsarist Russia for same reason), it is a multicultural political unit. 

4 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Oscars have gone apeshit on quotas. Get Out & Black Panther wouldn't be near the best film category of they were lead by a white male lead. 

12 years a slave was a deserving film in my opinion.

Get Out was super entertaining but yeah I agree with you on that.

24 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Get Out was super entertaining but yeah I agree with you on that.

Oh yes, I loved it as well; just saying the parameters for best film nominations suddenly changed after some leftie criticism on non-representation of people of race/color. The criticism of mine is of the body that judges films for nomination & not Black Panther or Get Out.

12 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Oh yes, I loved it as well; just saying the parameters for best film nominations suddenly changed after some leftie criticism on non-representation of people of race/color. The criticism of mine is of the body that judges films for nomination & not Black Panther or Get Out.

The Academy has taken some real shoddy decisions in the past and Yes it has become a sort of a trend where 'certain' types of films are under more advantage to win compared to the rest.

The white gulit clearly reflects in their choices.