Why we can't build a stable middle order after 2015 Wc

test fan

4 minutes ago, test fan said:

If Rahul Dravid or Anil kumble is our coach they give him long rope but Shastri is only yes man .really if I know little bit about these selector they don't even have power to select own sqwad ,they only select whose caption/ Coach advice .

i doubt as all ex-indian cricketers are obsessed with rayudu apart from ganguly but he wud have gotten rahane

5 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

He is our main problem. He’s the reason why karthik and rayduds are in the team. You remove dhoni and his biryani supplier and give extended run to pant and gill and you will see a world of difference and I would even try to get Shaw in the team as an opener after the World Cup.

After world cup lot of change happening that's sure but this world is very important now have to to fix our problems as soon as .

Because of totally muddled up thinking. Dhoni was bat at 6 from 2013-2015 WC. Immediately after the WC he realised he needed to bat at 4, from Apr 2015 started to batat 4 and batted at 5 or below only if we lost early wicket. We tried Manoj Tiwary in the series in Zimbabwe, discarded him after 3 failures, then we tried Rahane, then Pandey, then we suddenly recalled Yuvraj for number 4 in 2017 ho was discarded after CT. For next months we kept alternating between Rahane, Pandey, DK and Rahul. The  out of nowhere Rayudu became the prferred number 4.

Thats nearly 10-12 player none of whom have batted at 4 for more than 3-4 chances at a stretch except for Dhoni and Yuvraj. The rot started under Dhoni and Kohli hasn;t been able to correct it. Think the major reason is the elephant in the room - Dhoni who from time to time keeps saying he needs to bat high up, get those chances, fails and then goes back to 6-7. 

1 hour ago, velu said:

we invested in few players who failed miserably ..

rahane - almost fail

manish pandey - fail

also raina was an established player but his ability to counter is weakness against short ball cost his place in the team ..

And why we invested in them, that's the main question. When rahane was elected after ct17 debacle I think lot of ICFers have called out that decision and clearly its lack of forsightness of TM that they can't see an obvious failure like rahane and Pandey.

7 minutes ago, bahubali said:

And why we invested in them, that's the main question. When rahane was elected after ct17 debacle I think lot of ICFers have called out that decision and clearly its lack of forsightness of TM that they can't see an obvious failure like rahane and Pandey.

yeah TM screwed us ..

we should have started preparing for the wc from 2016 iftself

going back to rayudu , dk etc was a bad decsion

wont blame TM for giving chance to manish pandey though