Team for Australia series

tweaker

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he scored two back to back 80s

and he was the choice for 3rd opener. U really think this conservative team mngmt wud have gone for shaw or aggarwal

Check properly. I am sharing 3 links so that you can refer easily. He was pathetic in ODI.  Those 80 runs innings were in FC.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/19084/scorecard/1169340/india-a-vs-england-lions-3rd-unofficial-odi-eng-lions-in-india-2018-19

13 runs  in 25 balls sr 52

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/19084/scorecard/1169341/india-a-vs-england-lions-4th-unofficial-odi-eng-lions-in-india-2018-19

42 runs in 77 balls sr 54.54

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/19084/scorecard/1169342/india-a-vs-england-lions-5th-unofficial-odi-eng-lions-in-india-2018-19

0 runs in 1 balls sr 0

Edited by Straight Drive
7 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

doesnt matter , he got better with time

Problem was form not ability . U didnt score 10 days ago doesnt mean u cnt score today. 

Also check those were low scoring games, everyone was struggling. He is getting back among runs n confidence

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
7 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Your statements are misleading. First you said he scored two 80 + innings. That is what i debated. I have provided you the scores.

ur getting confused 

i knw he scored in 4 day format. Now those games are more recent then the scores u showed me . 

Nothing misleading, as i said if he was struggling 10 days ago doesnt mean he ll struggle today. Problem was never his ability like rahane but form and he made runs 

whats so confusing in it?

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ur getting confused 

i knw he scored in 4 day format. Now those games are more recent then the scores u showed me . 

Nothing misleading, as i said if he was struggling 10 days ago doesnt mean he ll struggle today. Problem was never his ability like rahane but form and he made runs 

whats so confusing in it?

LOL. You are wrong here and i am getting confused.

Say that his form in those 3 ODI was poor but does not matters. I will understand that. But how can you say his form in ODI's was good.Don't say he scored 2 innings of 80. They were in FC, not LOI.

Edited by Straight Drive
4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

LOL. You are wrong here and i am getting confused.

Say that his form in those 3 ODI was poor but does not matters. I will understand that. But how can you say his form in ODI's was good.Don't say he scored 2 innings of 80. They were in FC, not LOI.

who made runs in those odi check the scorecard

the 1st basic is making runs which he has started now. Runs are runs

How much Odi has he played that we even judge him ?

they have to take 3rd opener- rahane has played in an year, aggarwal or shaw hasnt debut 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

who made runs in those odi check the scorecard

the 1st basic is making runs which he has started now. Runs are runs

How much Odi has he played that we even judge him ?

they have to take 3rd opener- rahane has played in an year, aggarwal or shaw hasnt debut 

Good to read that finally you agree he did not score runs in those 3 ODI's. That was the point was making. I was not debating anything else.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Problem was never his ability like rahane but form and he made runs 

In List-A,  Rahul has a career average of 36.8  at a SR of 73.5 after 54 matches. (    His ODI average is even worse, with marginally better SR, albeit in only 13 matches  )

So   his ODI batting ability is definitely in doubt.