WI, the dark horses for the World Cup

zen

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Probably we got excited by t20 result and WI is being found out in 50 overs, hence diff of format clearly showing

WI is a dark horse 

dark horse
/ˈdärk ˈˌhôrs/
noun

1. a candidate or competitor about whom little is known but who unexpectedly wins or succeeds.
    "a dark-horse candidate"

A dark horse is a previously less known person or thing that emerges to prominence in a situation, especially in a competition involving multiple rivals,[1] or a contestant that on paper should be unlikely to succeed but yet still might

6 minutes ago, zen said:

WI is a dark horse 

dark horse
/ˈdärk ˈˌhôrs/
noun

1. a candidate or competitor about whom little is known but who unexpectedly wins or succeeds.
    "a dark-horse candidate"

A dark horse is a previously less known person or thing that emerges to prominence in a situation, especially in a competition involving multiple rivals,[1] or a contestant that on paper should be unlikely to succeed but yet still might

I knw u meant Dark horse....i wasnt pointing at u........

I wrote We......means we all got it wrong including me

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I knw u meant Dark horse....i wasnt pointing at u........

I wrote We......means we all got it wrong including me

Clarifying that while WI does not look strong enough, it has the talent to go to knockouts if the players play to their potential and smartly .... for e.g. the game vs. Aus slipped from their hands, which appears to have created panic. Also the SA game was washed out .... Now with nothing to lose, they could play dangerously :dontknow:

9 minutes ago, zen said:

Clarifying that while WI does not look strong enough, it has the talent to go to knockouts if the players play to their potential and smartly .... for e.g. the game vs. Aus slipped from their hands, which appears to have created panic. Also the SA game was washed out .... Now with nothing to lose, they could play dangerously :dontknow:

they are not technically so they are not in nothing to loose situation + they are carrying 3 player with injuries 

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

they are not technically so they are not in nothing to loose situation + they are carrying 3 player with injuries 

they have reached almost rock bottom (at the point where if they don't perform, they will be out) so can only go up. If they somehow manage to win the remaining games, can squeeze into last 4 depending upon how others do

13 minutes ago, zen said:

they have reached almost rock bottom (at the point where if they don't perform, they will be out) so can only go up. If they somehow manage to win the remaining games, can squeeze into last 4 depending upon how others do

Against India they are surely not winning. Using this short pitch startegy against Rohit, rahul, Kohi, shankar, dhoni, pandya who all play short pitch well  will backfire. 

Against NZ- Lets see....wont be easy

I got the feeling today Bang has broken them mentally and again carrying 3 injured players will not take them further. Today umpires refused to give russell substitute so they ll have liabilities while fielding as well 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Against India they are surely not winning. Using this short pitch startegy against Rohit, rahul, Kohi, shankar, dhoni, pandya who all play short pitch well  will backfire. 

Against NZ- Lets see....wont be easy

I got the feeling today Bang has broken them mentally and again carrying 3 injured players will not take them further. Today umpires refused to give russell substitute so they ll have liabilities while fielding as well 

they will need to adapt their bowling strategy based on the surface .... the batsmen have the ability to fire on cylinders and take the game out of reach   

8 hours ago, zen said:

they will need to adapt their bowling strategy based on the surface .... the batsmen have the ability to fire on cylinders and take the game out of reach   

whatever happened to all those cylinders against bangladesh I wonder. one fluke win against a weak Pak team so far is all they have to show in the wins. We cannot rule them even falling to Afg because of their well-known fear of rashid khan and co. from what I recall, he took a 7-fer against them.

I had expected them to do well especially given their bright start, but now I've been brought back to the ground reality. this is a team of T20 experts and superstars, most of whom (barring Holder, Hope and Hetmeyer) lack the nuance to play ODIs. Gayle could be added to the list but he's old and creaky. He will still possibly make at least one explosive century this WC before they exit.

10 minutes ago, Vijy said:

whatever happened to all those cylinders against bangladesh I wonder. one fluke win against a weak Pak team so far is all they have to show in the wins. We cannot rule them even falling to Afg because of their well-known fear of rashid khan and co. from what I recall, he took a 7-fer against them.

I had expected them to do well especially given their bright start, but now I've been brought back to the ground reality. this is a team of T20 experts and superstars, most of whom (barring Holder, Hope and Hetmeyer) lack the nuance to play ODIs. Gayle could be added to the list but he's old and creaky. He will still possibly make at least one explosive century this WC before they exit.

They did it vs NZ in warm ups. Since they have failed so far, may be they will hit a cycle where they play good cricket :dontknow: .... at the end of the day, they are dark horses (not favourites) so expectations are relatively low anyways 

8 minutes ago, zen said:

They did it vs NZ in warm ups. Since they have failed so far, may be they will hit a cycle where they play good cricket :dontknow: .... at the end of the day, they are dark horses (not favourites) so expectations are relatively low anyways 

could be, could be. they are the new pakistan, whereas pakistan is the new SL, SL is the new bangladesh, and bangladesh is the new Pak. too confusing for me.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

could be, could be. they are the new pakistan, whereas pakistan is the new SL, SL is the new bangladesh, and bangladesh is the new Pak. too confusing for me.

BD is not unpredictable like Pakistan .They jist won a tri series few weeks back defeating WI.