Template to beat India in the World Cup.

1 hour ago, flamy said:

India is not conceding above 325 with our bowling.

True bowling is our strength. But if the bowlers have an off day, the batsmen are not saving us. This team is cooked in chasing scores above par.

Can someone list Englands recent last 10 scores in England.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

True bowling is our strength. But if the bowlers have an off day, the batsmen are not saving us. This team is cooked in chasing scores above par.

Can someone list Englands recent last 10 scores in England.

Most of them were high scoring. But opposition could also match at times. Scotland made 371 and England lost by 6 runs

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18513/scorecard/1124639/scotland-xi-vs-england-only-odi-eng-in-scotland-2018

This template as someone pointed out, applies to most teams. 

When it comes to multi nation tournaments, we always show up. 

Englad pitches tend to wear out as the matches progress and the hosts, one of the main contenders, shown they don’t adjust unlike us. 

Our spin twins are a danger if teams attack to get 300+ score. Heck even Kedar will get few wickets. 

Most of the the teams are scared to bat first against us because of our chasing record. If we post 270+ totals batting first we will be in the game against most teams. 

I fancy our openers, sure they are out of form now, but they have been tested on variety of situations and they will be ready. 

Kohli has acknowledged that we need to push on for bigger score, that will be based on the conditions on offer.  So we will assess based on the form and conditions in the tournament. 

Again, im not saying we are invincible like Aussies in 2003/2007 (no team is for WC19) but we are really underestimating our team. We will certainly reach playoffs and then on that day the best team wins. 

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

In the ODI history 111 times teams have scored 350 plus. 105 out of 111 the team that scored 350 plus won.  only 6 times 350 plus totals were overhauled out of which India did it thrice. SA twice. ENgland once. Guess what is common in India's win. Kohli scored century in each of the three 350 plus wins. Rohit didn't play the 2nd one. In other two matches he made 141* and 79.  Dhawan made 95,1,100. Jadhav made 120* in the 2nd one. There are two ways you can chase. Either all 3 at the top clicking or someone playing a mind blowing innings in the middle. Bottomline is if any team that is likely to overhaul a 350 plus total that will be India. But in a world cup scenario it is 10 times harder even for us. 

I was summarizing OP template.

On 3/4/2019 at 3:12 PM, SRT100 said:

With so many weak points in this Indian lineup, I thought to myself what is the easiest way to beat India?

1) Make India bat first. We seem to struggle to get a total that is well above par these days.

2) Get Dhoni and Rayudu to the crease as early as possible, but let Rohit bat for the first 10-15 overs.

3) In an Indian run chase, get Kohli out as soon as possible. Again get Dhoni and Rayudu in and stop the sinlges, the RRR will escalate so far its unattainable. Bowl straight at the stumps to these two guys, they wont take risks.

4) Keep Dhoni on strike as much as possible. So when he is at the crease, forget about the boundaries. Stop singles and twos.

5) Any score of 300+ and getting Kohli out early and you have WON THE GAME. India cannot chase huge totals anymore outside Asia.

6) If batting first against India aim for a par score. India's batsmen will ensure the run rate required will end up making the score feel like chasing 400.

Aussies must have read the template. Australia ignored getting Kohli out though. They realised they can win the game by just getting the players out the other end.

This team is useless.

This team belongs to the country of India, ffs it does not belong to Kohli, Dhoni and Shastri.

I have given up watching ODI cricket. Team India is not an entertaining fun team to watch.

8 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Aussies must have read the template. Australia ignored getting Kohli out though. They realised they can win the game by just getting the players out the other end.

This team is useless.

This team belongs to the country of India, ffs it does not belong to Kohli, Dhoni and Shastri.

I have given up watching ODI cricket. Team India is not an entertaining fun team to watch.

kthxbye

On 3/4/2019 at 11:04 AM, Stan AF said:

Why go for 350 or 400, bat 1st and post 300+ it is quite impossible for the Indian batsmen to chase it down.

I did say so. These are ominous warning signs.

Yesterday was one of the very rare and frightfully scary day when it comes to the bowling not clicking and not taking wickets. Now I'm not blaming the bowlers, kuldeep took 3 and shami and bumrah bowled economically with 1 wicket between em. Its for days like these the management should be wary about. Our bowlers cannot help the batsmen every day. Batsmen should step up.

Dhoni again proving that he cannot be depended when the asking rate is 6+. His resting is an euphemism for dropping.

Rayudu should never have been in the team.

VJ Shankar should bat at #4.

TM should crack a whip at both ro and dhawan. They've been fabulous openers over the last 5-6 years and its time they remind themselves of that.

Edited by Stan AF