Game of Thrones Season 8 Official Trailer

Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

1. Cercei absolutely did not act in a way a mother hell bent to do what it takes to give her kids the best future. She acted like Cercei always has - vindictive, unbending and ruthless. All the while being decent at strategy but completely clueless tactically. 

2. The whole 'Dany the savior' is an angle only bought by the freed slaves. Most of whom had no qualms about murdering an entire class of people - the masters. This angle is actually the classic example of 'optics' by politicians - who will use an optically good looking angle or play into it as long as their interests re not compromised. Danny does this too. She is the classic example of 'lets be the savior and i the good guy when things go my way but turn into a total megalomaniac psychopath when they don't. She's done this right from season1 when she threatened to burn down Qarth for them not letting her in initially. 

3. Arya angle too makes sense - once the city started to crumble, she is justified in questioning her line of attack and going ' da fuq will i get out of here ?'. Sandor made her see that. 

ok

58 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Few things make this season so horrible:

1. One of the things this show really suffers from, is devaluation of some characters. Tyrion going from a very competent 'acting hand' in first three seasons, to 'total nincompoop' is inexplicable. Like did the guy get hit too much in the head and lose some brain cells or something ? Tyrion from 3 seasons ago would not have made 90% of the judgement errors he has this season or last. Like his ability to read people went from 'worldclass poker champ level' to ' university activist hippie with zero life experiences'. This is disconcerting.

2. Jon never ever learns. Like wtf. He went ' Ruaaaaaaaaaaaa' to Ramsey when his bro got shot and if it wasn't for Sir Davos's quick actions to back him up with all his cavalry, Battle of the Bastards would've been over in 5 min and Jon would be hacked to so many pieces not even Melissandre could bring him back. So what does he do next ? He  goes ' ruaaaaaaaaaa' and charges the night king. In midst of enough piles of bodies to make Varanasi's samshaan ghaats fully booked for an entire year. After he's seen the night king just move his hands and re-animate the dead. So what does the night king do ? he moves his hand and re-animates the dead.....to give 1 million dead things to stop Jon from getting to him. Like wtf jon. You = a moron who never learns. 

3.  The battle plans are TERRIBLE. Like i already mentioned how much of a fail the navy battles are - if your admiral dies in the first volley or his ship implodes, its like you made your horse trainer the admiral or something as daft. Now look at the winterfell battle or the kings landing battle. 

WTF army ever goes ' i have a nice high strong wall to seperate me from the enemy. But screw that, imma gonna stand outside the wall and fight the enemy. Who outnumbers us. Or has dragons. or outclasses us' ???? Like....USE YOUR WALLS. Jon, you did this vs the wildlings of Mance, it worked. 

Not to mention, which daft idiot thought it'd make sense for the army of the living, outnumbered 10 to 1, to go ' hey horse guys- go ahead, charge, we will wait and see how you deal with 50:1 odds and cheer u on' ?!? Also, which daft punk thought it would make sense for the trebouchets- which can shoot like 1km away - to fire AFTER the horses charge ? Why the heck are the trebouchets OUTSIDE the wall and not inside !?! 

Like battle of winterfell + battle of kings landing gets 0/10 in terms of making sense as a battle. Its like Robert Arryn made the battle plans while going on ' can i make the night king fly' rants every 5 minutes. 

4. Cercei + Dany negotiation. Like...wtf ? Danny shows up with 50 soldiers, stands 100m from the gate and cercei does not just let the entire golden company rush this sorry bunch and end the war right there ? Or fire her ballistas ? Or shoot her lil bro, someone she's hated since he was born, tried her best to get him killed for allegedly poisoning her son and sending an assassin after him 3 weeks ago ?!? 

This last few seasons have not only dulled the character arcs - which i can live with, as the show writers arn't sitting all day thinking of character nuances for years on end- they've also made the realism of the warfare and strategy/tactics angle look super bad. 

well no 

i think its all good. Characters are not devalued Jon learns clearly  cercei danny negotiation is not wtf totally.

ok bye

3 hours ago, maniac said:

I agree with him. This season has been fine. Not as bad as people are making it out to be.

I would like to hear people coming up with alternatives of how some things should have panned out then whining and complaining.

The coffee cup goof is bothering me though. That is something that should happen on a Set if a C Grade Bhojpuri film not Frickin game of thrones

I have not liked this season but for this episode. Season has been pretty damp squib after all the buildup.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:52 AM, maniac said:

Well if you put it that way :hmmmm2:

anyway I think they planned out how to end the story arc of each character in advance and I think the over all the character arc on paper looks good.

Among all the guys who died so far

Ser Jorah, The red woman, Benedict, Hound, Cersei,Jamie and Theon on paper had the perfect arc.

The one’s that felt under cooked are Varys and Night King.

May be the execution in getting there felt underwhelming is that right?

The biggest issue has been pace of the show. First six seasons we're quite slow. But last two seasons have been rapid. A lot of things have happened in just 15 episodes which meant a lot of details have been missing. 

Edited by rkt.india

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

The biggest has been pace of the show. First six seasons we're quite slow. But last two seasons have been rapid. A lot of things have happened in just 25 episodes which meant a lot of details have been missing. 

not rapid but rushed up....infact even season 7 which is why people were unsatisfied . Slow is fine that is the liberity u can take with TV series- it gives u enough time to build character, relations , arcs....hence u connect with each. In last 2 season they  are rushing things up so much that u dnt give a fck, characters have become one note

How does it matter if it was slow- it worked hence the show became a legend

The rushed up didnt work- hence ppl are not happy 

They dnt have any material anymore coz the books are not avl now 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not rapid but rushed up....infact even season 7 which is why people were unsatisfied . Slow is fine that is the liberity u can take with TV series- it gives u enough time to build character, relations , arcs....hence u connect with each. In last 2 season they  are rushing things up so much that u dnt give a fck, characters have become one note

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

The biggest has been pace of the show. First six seasons we're quite slow. But last two seasons have been rapid. A lot of things have happened in just 25 episodes which meant a lot of details have been missing. 

@rkt.india as stupidly argumentative as ever, what you are saying here when you say 'pace of show' and 'details missing' is what people have been complaining about earlier in the thread as loss of character arc or character integrity. If they showed danny turning from good to bad in a series of events then it appears probable if not its just a stupid plot line, you can throw simple characters like Euron into fire to buff up other characters ( like comes out of sea fights and dies etc), but when you throw central well built characters that means the folks who are directing it just dont care anymore. 

Episode 3: The cinematographer defends extra darkness in the war at Winterfell. 

Episode 4: Coffee cup gaffe- according to a crew member hectic schedule and stress is responsible for this goof up.

Episode 5: Jamie's hand magically grows back. 

Its quite evident they are truly taking the viewers for granted. D&D (Dumb and Dumber)- as you've already signed the contract, go ruin another pop culture phenomenon called 'Star Wars'. 

images (11).jpeg

Edited by Turning_track

15 hours ago, Vilander said:

@rkt.india as stupidly argumentative as ever, what you are saying here when you say 'pace of show' and 'details missing' is what people have been complaining about earlier in the thread as loss of character arc or character integrity. If they showed danny turning from good to bad in a series of events then it appears probable if not its just a stupid plot line, you can throw simple characters like Euron into fire to buff up other characters ( like comes out of sea fights and dies etc), but when you throw central well built characters that means the folks who are directing it just dont care anymore. 

They are showing hints of Danny becoming mad from season 1.  This did not happen overnight or in just one episode as Muloghonto has mentioned in his posts that there have been instances where you can see madness that she had.  She had advisers like Jorah, Tyrion, and Jon who at times controlled her temper.  if you were not expecting her turning into mad queen, you must be watching something else.  This was going to be her destiny through whole the show.

Edited by rkt.india

18 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes that is what i meant.  everything has been done fast paced, missing the slow buildup they used to have before, missing those epic conversations and dialogues. 

Also, i did not say it was bad because of slow pace.  in fact, that slow pace made it great.  It gave every character time to develop and connect with people which has not happened in these 2 seasons.

The problem is when they had books, they their screenplay according to that but now if they have to keep the show running at the original pace, they would have to write their own books.