World Idli Day

Gollum

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Mangalorean chicken curry has far too much coconut paste/flavour for my liking.

I think this is the 'issue' with all coastal Indian cuisines.

Big fan of fresh coconut in all. I even put it in Mirchi ka Salan. But will never touch coconut oil. Vile stuff, can't stand it. I don't know why mallus put stuff in their food, while also applying it on their hair.

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Big fan of fresh coconut in all. I even put it in Mirchi ka Salan. But will never touch coconut oil. Vile stuff, can't stand it. I don't know why mallus put stuff in their food, while also applying it on their hair.

anything agsisnt coconut is travesty :protest:

in my grandparents place they use to take coconut milk in summer (  with jaggery instead of sugar )  .. tastes awesome with idiappam

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

What dark magic is this ?

we use the same batter for preparing this ..  separate pan for preparing this paniyaram ..

add little oil , pour batter and fry it ..  tastier than idly 

id-p7pitsd-ideal-original-imaeymap4tpgrj

35 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

don't be jealous, not everyone has the brain-power to qualify as a bong. he makes the cut.

bored on the weekend are we? 
Here, I'll throw you some morsels to feed on. :fishing:

Punjabis jealous of Bongs? :hysterical::hysterical:

Punjabis wouldn't need to be jealous of Bongs, don't even get a footnote mention in our circles.

Punjabis are  blessed in every field.  Last I checked, punjabis have more nobel prize winners in the sciences than bongs haha. Btw, still waiting for that long list of Bong nobel prize winners in the sciences... my recoreds indicate it was a Big fat zero. 

Nobel prize winners, olympic medals, domination in cricket, hockey, sports, food, music, dance,literature, cinema, fashion, culture. We got all fields covered baby.

Now go tap to some punjabi music and find me that list of Bong nobel prize winers in the sciences which you claimed. 

Or go do some chores for the weekend and not ruin the thread?

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Stop irritating me dude. 

what? lol it was a joke..though true at some level. even others assume you're a bengali.

if you got offended, i'll take it back

Edited by PBN

9 minutes ago, PBN said:

bored on the weekend are we? 
Here, I'll throw you some morsels to feed on. :fishing:

Punjabis jealous of Bongs? :hysterical::hysterical:

Punjabis wouldn't need to be jealous of Bongs, don't even get a footnote mention in our circles.

Sorry, not true. I know you guys like to pretend a lot, but you guys kiss up to us all the time everywhere i've seen. 

Punjabis are  blessed in every field.  Last I checked, punjabis have more nobel prize winners in the sciences than bongs haha. Btw, still waiting for that long list of Bong nobel prize winners in the sciences... my recoreds indicate it was a Big fat zero. 

We've been nominated for one a million times more than your kaum. 

Nobel prize winners, olympic medals, domination in cricket, hockey, sports, food, music, dance,literature, cinema, fashion, culture. We got all fields covered baby.

Except for higher education, engineering, health sciences - all the things that actually matter. Seems like we Bongs, Tamils, etc. gotta carry your weight around. Its ok. We do the smart people stuff, you guys do the fauji stuff. We are fine with that arrangement. And food ? Sorry but your food sucks. Punjabi food = how to turn into a potato in record time and every flavor being overridden by cream. Not to mention, not enough variety.

LOL at literature. or dance. 

Now go tap to some punjabi music and find me that list of Bong nobel prize winers in the sciences which you claimed. 

I listen to better music than the trash that passes for Punjabi mainstream music. Your folk songs are fine, but whatever plays on radio is just rip off of American hip-hop and worse made anyways. 

PS: The one ruining the thread is you - making off hand irritating comments about Bongs in a southie food thread...why are Punjabis so insecure i wonder. 

Edited by Muloghonto

so who really did invent the Dosa, vada, idli, sambhar ?
Like yes, its southie, but is it the Tamils ? Mallus ? Kannadigas ? Telegus ? Tulus ?

Telugu....it's Telugu. Not telegu.

As far as I know, none of these are telugu inventions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk