Hinduism has become the most violent religion of them all: Urmila Matondkar

Gollum

On 12/3/2020 at 8:56 AM, veer said:

Any marathi manus on board? wondering what they think about  current Shiv Sena situation.. 

I can speak for myself. I got interested in politics because of BT. Because of BT, i heard ABB first time and thats how i learnt about BJP. Until age of 25 my family never talked about politics, hindutva, RSS or whatever non-sense these leftist spread against Bramhins. We were/are quite a liberal family but religious/spiritual internally. This I am talking about 80-90s. 

When I moved to Mumbai 25 years ago that time I attended a public gathering of SS. BT speech was awesome and it all made sense then. So long story short. We respected BT and SS very much. I even voted for SS in that election. So with all that background, what SS is doing now, I feel completely betrayed and backstabbed. Its a complete let down by SS.

But this politics and that is how things go in politics. And yes I am marathi manus.

On 12/7/2020 at 2:12 PM, dial_100 said:

I can speak for myself. I got interested in politics because of BT. Because of BT, i heard ABB first time and thats how i learnt about BJP. Until age of 25 my family never talked about politics, hindutva, RSS or whatever non-sense these leftist spread against Bramhins. We were/are quite a liberal family but religious/spiritual internally. This I am talking about 80-90s. 

When I moved to Mumbai 25 years ago that time I attended a public gathering of SS. BT speech was awesome and it all made sense then. So long story short. We respected BT and SS very much. I even voted for SS in that election. So with all that background, what SS is doing now, I feel completely betrayed and backstabbed. Its a complete let down by SS.

But this politics and that is how things go in politics. And yes I am marathi manus.

I completely agree and see where you coming from.. I am a gujju who grew up in Bombay.. I never knew about BT or SS or RSS until '92 riots.. BT and SS were the ones who stood firm against those mulsim rioters.. Thereafter, I used to take pride looking at Shiv Sena offices in small Mumbai streets.. I saw shiv sainiks as poor but patriots..  but current SS has totally gone to wrong hands... Udhav Thakrey , Sanjay Raut, Aditya Thankrey have gone against and insulted Bala Saheb within such a short time.. Just can't believe how it played out.. This betrayal hit very close for me..  I just wish upcoming election kicks them in their behind..