BJP Manifesto 2019 - Commitment to repeal Article 370

chewy

On 4/9/2019 at 2:40 PM, Mariyam said:

Clause 3 of the article states:

The President may, by public notification, declare that this Article shall cease to be operative but only on the recommendation of the Constituent Assembly of the State.

Article 370 can be revoked only if a new Constituent Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir is convened and is willing (fat chance this happens) to recommend its revocation. However, the Parliament has the power to amend the Constitution to change this provision. But this could be subject to a judicial review, which could go , and which may find that this clause is a basic feature of the relationship (accession) between the State and the Centre and cannot be amended. 

SInce there was Prez rule, it represented the Constituent Assembly and recommended or approved the abrogation of the articles. Maamla fit.

One of the major action point has been achieved by BJP. It is good to see some party taking the manifesto seriously and executing the manifesto as that is the basis on what people vote for. Once the voter base sees major manifesto targets being met, it will undoubtedly improve the electoral results in the party's favor in next elections.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:25 PM, Straight Drive said:

Now that people have voted for BJP, all eye will be whether BJP can fulfill the promises and manifesto.

1. $1 .44 Trillion plus expense on infrastructure.

2. Exports to be double.

3. Tax cuts for middle class.

Do mention if any have been missed.

1. Will be announced in budget. I think Modi gov will invest in infra as a means to boost economy. Forex reserves will be used

2. I dont think will happen as global trade is in decline due to trade spats. Will take china usa agreement 

3. Probably wont happen in this budget. Will mostly happen 2 years before next ge. But goi needs to stabalise revenues 

14 hours ago, G_B_ said:

1. Will be announced in budget. I think Modi gov will invest in infra as a means to boost economy. Forex reserves will be used

2. I dont think will happen as global trade is in decline due to trade spats. Will take china usa agreement 

3. Probably wont happen in this budget. Will mostly happen 2 years before next ge. But goi needs to stabalise revenues 

If CAA passes, expect uniform civil code in 2023-24