Hindi Imposition and it's implications: News, Updates & Discussion

Lannister

2 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Bhindrawale may be for a different reason but it is pretty strange that name should be up in a Gurudwara in Toronto. It may be because of some bad apples.  That is the only Gurudwara I have been nervous going to. I am very regular at Gurudwaras whichever place I am at.

Same experience for me here. When I mooved here, I did used to visit local Gurudwaras, But one day, spotted Bhindarvale in one of them. No matter how big a saint was he for some, I found, I couldnt find comfort, as if something in back of my mind telling , its not right place. Its a place of worship and spiritulaity.

Never visited any Gurudwara since then. Not that I am against Gurudwara's, But dont want to be again on a sticky wicket

Edited by mishra

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Yes & there is Bhrindranwale photo inside the golden Temple Amritsar....He wanted Khalistan. 

Can you guys get it removed? 

r2swih.jpg

Ican understand you are brave but major credit goes to ingrained tolerance of Billions of Hindus living in India. Try saving something in Pakistan

3 hours ago, Stan AF said:

https://www.firstpost.com/politics/tamil-should-be-made-compulsory-in-all-central-govt-offices-in-tamil-nadu-demands-mk-stalin-following-controversy-over-hindi-imposition-6765101.html

MK Stalin :clap2:.

This should have been done decades ago. People serving in the government offices should know the language of the state. You can't just use English and get away with it.

The balls of this man. How does he move around with such weight?

We have a bunch of napumsaks, who just got elected and now polishing the boots of their Hindi masters. 

A bit of info sharing on various boards and language options. South west part of India. recent research.

1) International Board - Can get away with both hindi and regional language. Preference is for regional language if at all. French or Spanish is the other Language

2) CBSE - Cannot get away with Hindi. Can get away with Regional language.

3) State Board - Cannot get away with Regional Language

4) ICSE - Did not find out much but I am pretty sure can get away with Hindi here too.

14 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Here is the intolerance report and also 'Misra Commision' involvement.

Evidence of Sikh terrorism: 

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/07/08/world/34-hindus-killed-in-new-bus-raids-sikhs-suspected.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1986/06/02/violence-forces-hindus-to-flee-punjab-state/a961bc55-921c-48d1-8694-a19bf2d0b7b0/

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/special-report/story/19860515-pakistan-involvement-in-sikh-terrorism-in-punjab-based-on-solid-evidence-india-800879-1986-05-15

Bhindranwale is no saint, he was a traitor who teamed up with Pakistan, a hostile muslim nation who's overlords had slaughtered his ancestors like sheep. The real gurus of Sikhism would piss on Bhindranwale's corpse. 

8 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Who the fcuk cares about talk of Brindranwale...

Abe bewakoof jaahil, you are responding to a poster who specifically posted about Bhindranwale the terrorist traitor breaking bread with the ones who killed his ancestors, in your post. 

8 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

.Misra report was the massive cover up by the Judge of Supreme court of India...Shame!!. Hindi belt Morons like the Harmamkhor Misra have earned the 'Genocide' tag for the whole Country. 

pfft. talk of genocide when your community has the BALLS to give up the criminal hindu-killing sikh terrorists. Are all fake napunsak Sikhs similarly attracted to terrorist worship like you ?

3 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

I'm bored of this internet BS, let's have a meeting. I'm just 20 minutes drive away from your house. :wp1:

You are not bored, you are wrong and you have been exposed for being wrong for the millionth time. When will you apologize for the hindu killing Sikh terrorists, who started killing Hindus first ?!?

PS: If you truly want a meeting to 'teach me a life lesson', lets plan it in India. Where the police wont automatically get involved.

Lets see, if a napunsak like you really wants to drop the gloves where there is no 'protection and prosecution'. 

Edited by Muloghonto

5 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Abey darpok...if you're cheap on gas money, I can meet you in Richmond. :wp1:

darpok ?

Lets meet in India and see who is the Darpok.....

Why the fook would i want to meet you here, where meeting you = either you go to jail or we both go to jail with 100% certainty ?? 
Stop tying the pagri too tight and learn to THINK. 

On 6/5/2019 at 3:06 PM, beetle said:

Interesting trivia.

Tamil was the second official language of Haryana for many years and telugu was the second language.

It was taught in schools if children opted.

The present CM of Haryana speaks Tamil.

The congress govt removed tamil as the second official language and made Punjabi the second official language .

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/haryanas-south-connect-when-it-made-telugu-second-language-in-school-5570917/

Punjabi is the second most popular language in Haryana.  This was a political message or hatred towards Punjabi/Punjab after the split of Punjab into two further states of Haryana/Himachal.  The message was that Haryana would rather have a far flung distant  language i.e Tamil that has no affiliation to Haryana than Punjabi.  

10 minutes ago, vice said:

Punjabi is the second most popular language in Haryana.  This was a political message or hatred towards Punjabi/Punjab after the split of Punjab into two further states of Haryana/Himachal.  The message was that Haryana would rather have a far flung distant  language i.e Tamil that has no affiliation to Haryana than Punjabi.  

Or the message was, as the CM intended - that if a far flung Haryana can adopt Tamil as their second language, then far flung Tamil Nadu should stop whining about adopting hindi as their second language. 

A state is NOT obligated to represent the 2nd most or third most popular language in its curriculum. Only what is the most prevalent one. This is why in Karnataka, the presence of Marathi or Tulu in schools is NOT a given, despite them being the 2nd or third most spoken languages. 

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Or the message was, as the CM intended - that if a far flung Haryana can adopt Tamil as their second language, then far flung Tamil Nadu should stop whining about adopting hindi as their second language. 

A state is NOT obligated to represent the 2nd most or third most popular language in its curriculum. Only what is the most prevalent one. This is why in Karnataka, the presence of Marathi or Tulu in schools is NOT a given, despite them being the 2nd or third most spoken languages. 

Anyone with a bit of knowledge and history  of the region would know what the reason was and it was what I state in my previous post. Obviously, you are not aware of the region's history or dynamics. 

5 minutes ago, vice said:

Anyone with a bit of knowledge and history  of the region would know what the reason was and it was what I state in my previous post. Obviously, you are not aware of the region's history or dynamics. 

anyone with less bias than you or the ones biassed by the regions history due to personal stakes in it, can see the credibility of Haryana CM's position, as it came during the height of anti-hindi agitation in TN. 

Since several other states do not recognize the 2nd language of their residents in active curricula, your assessment comes across as deeply pro-punjabi and anti-objective. 

7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

anyone with less bias than you or the ones biassed by the regions history due to personal stakes in it, can see the credibility of Haryana CM's position, as it came during the height of anti-hindi agitation in TN. 

Since several other states do not recognize the 2nd language of their residents in active curricula, your assessment comes across as deeply pro-punjabi and anti-objective. 

WTF :hysterical: 

This one takes the cake.  Surely, you lose all your credibility with this statement.  Go learn history and dynamics of the time before spewing nonsense.  This is laughable statement of the highest order and needs to be ridiculed. Btw, Punjabi is now second official language of Haryana now. 

Edited by vice

2 minutes ago, vice said:

WTF :hysterical: 

This one takes the cake.  Surely, you lose all your credibility with this statement.  Go learn history and dynamics of the time.  This is laughable statement of the highest order and needs to be ridiculed. Btw, Punjabi is now second official language of Haryana now. 

Which statement exactly ?

That those who don't have personal stakes are more objective/less biassed ? Or that a state isn't obligated to recognize the 2nd most common language spoken in it ?

Good on Haryana to recognize Punjabi as their 2nd language. Seems like Punjab has a lot to learn from Haryana and should make Hindi its official second language. 

14 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Which statement exactly ?

That those who don't have personal stakes are more objective/less biassed ? Or that a state isn't obligated to recognize the 2nd most common language spoken in it ?

Good on Haryana to recognize Punjabi as their 2nd language. Seems like Punjab has a lot to learn from Haryana and should make Hindi its official second language. 

WTF are you on?  Go and learn basic comprehension and read the original post.  The reason for Haryana adopting Tamil as second language was loud and clear: we will have any random language like Tamil than to give any credibility or recognition to Punjabi.   Anyone who disagrees is an ignorant fool who doesn't know the basic and fundamental history/dynamics of the region.  

Learn from Haryana?  Hindi has had freedom in Punjab and has been taught in schools for ages.  Again, showing what an ignorant fool you are who spews nonsense without even knowing the alphabet of the region. 

Edited by vice

WTF are you on?  Go and learn basic comprehension and read the original post.  The reason for Haryana adopting Tamil as second language was loud and clear: we will have any random language like Tamil than to give any credibility or recognition to Punjab.   Anyone who disagrees is an ignorant fool who doesn't know the basic and fundamental history/dynamics of the region.  

Thats your OPINION. Not fact. And you have clearly an axe to grind, because you are from the region and lacking objectivity.The Haryana move came at the peak of anti-Hindi agitation from TN, which makes Bansi Lal's position credible to neutral observers like me. 

Learn from Haryana?  Hindi has had freedom in Punjab and has been taught in schools for ages.  Again, showing what an ignorant fool you are who spews nonsense without even knowing the alphabet of the region. 

Yes, learn from Haryana and get it declared a formal second language as it is the second most common language spoken in Punjab. 

Thats your OPINION. Not fact. And you have clearly an axe to grind, because you are from the region and lacking objectivity.The Haryana move came at the peak of anti-Hindi agitation from TN, which makes Bansi Lal's position credible to neutral observers like me. 

Yes, learn from Haryana and get it declared a formal second language as it is the second most common language spoken in Punjab. 

This is getting more and more hilarious and exposing you :hysterical: Keep going, and making a fool of yourself

It's not my opinion, go open any historical book or newspaper and the reason given  for not adopting Punjabi and any random language like Tamil and the anti-punjabi stance.

Old-timers say the Tamil was declared as the second language just to give a rebuff to Punjab. “Since it was the Punjabi suba agitation that had led to formation of Haryana, Bansi Lal thought, ‘Let any language other than Punjabi be the second language of the state’. Hence, Tamil became the second language even though there might not have be even a single Tamil native family in the state at that point of time”, said a former bureaucrat.

Source

Edited by vice

This is getting more and more hilarious and exposing you :hysterical: Keep going, and making a fool of yourself

It's not my opinion, go open any historical book or newspaper and the reason given  for not adopting Punjabi and any random language like Tamil and the anti-punjabi stance.

Quoting old timers opinions doesn't change the fact that it is an opinion, not a fact. so much for exposing. :facepalm::facepalm:

Quoting old timers opinions doesn't change the fact that it is an opinion, not a fact. so much for exposing. :facepalm::facepalm:

Keep on going, your making a fool of yourself here.  LIke I stated, anyone with even an ounce of the knowledge of the history of the region knows it was an anti Punajbi stance.  You can try to spin it any way you want. What is  your response to Haryana adopting Telugu as a second language as well :hysterical:

1 minute ago, vice said:

Keep on going, your making a fool of yourself here.  LIke I stated, anyone with even an ounce of the knowledge of the history of the region knows it was an anti Punajbi stance.  You can try to spin it any way you want. What is  your response to Haryana adopting Telugu as a second language as well :hysterical:

Anyone can see from your posts on this matter how bias works.

Classic confusion between knowledge and opinion based on personal stakes in the issue. As for Telugu, anti-hindi demonstrations were also high in AP when it happened. So good on Haryana for showing way forward in national unity. Laggards from Punjab should follow the lead and officially declare Hindi as the second language of the state.